Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Thread Closed

[ROM]10/3 Team Venom presents: Viper4G 2.0.2 - The 2nd most innovative Sense Rom ever

OP Vinchenzop

1st October 2012, 04:10 AM   |  #5651  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Oh no... bricked?
Looking for help PLEASE. I've been rooting my phones for a few years (back to HTC Hero), but I'm no dev and I think I may have screwed up. TWRP, S-On, 1.15. I updated boot image from rom based on Fastboot Flash video, then installed ROM (TWRP wipe and Aroma wipe). EVerything working fine, update theme, restore apps, etc. Listening to a podcast, phone shuts off and now wont power on. No indicator light on charger. Gets hot on charger tho. Not sure what to do - any ideas? I don't want to buy a new phone....
1st October 2012, 04:14 AM   |  #5652  
Flag Soquel, CA
Thanks Meter: 332

1,214 posts
More
Users wanting the old HTCMusicEnhancer with presets instead of just beats on or off just push the apk below to system/app and set permissions

http://db.tt/7RZwtweF

It's just the HtcSoundEnhancerSetting.apk from venom 1.0...no biggie
Last edited by xlxcrossing; 1st October 2012 at 04:23 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to xlxcrossing For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st October 2012, 04:18 AM   |  #5653  
Flag Ithaca, NY
Thanks Meter: 120

359 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassStash

Took mine in from firmware downgrade bricking it, acted like an ignorant customer, got a replacement. Screen bleed, got another replacement. Screen not housed properly and screen bleed, got a third. Dead pixel and power button was recessed. All certified refurbished sprint crap, went in each time kindly saying wtf. New phone after the third. All three had 1.15hboot, new one from the store, had 1.12.

~ TF101 on Revolver4.2.1
Currently OC'ed to 1.4, with Guevor's v22.6

---------- Post added at 07:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 PM ----------

If you have a custom kernel, and you have any issue with battery life, or cpu1, ask in that thread. Someone in EvilZ found switching from ViperDaemon to OC_Daemon did the trick I believe.

~ TF101 on Revolver4.2.1
Currently OC'ed to 1.4, with Guevor's v22.6

I've only had to replace one since release thankfully. Replacement was hboot 1.15 so what I did was take both apart and switch out boards. So my soff'd 1.12 board in a brand new shell I've seen others on here talking about getting stuck with a new hboot, if its anything cosmetic, screen, digitizer, speaker, anything other than board...switch em..LOL. TO
took me about 30 mins to switch em the first time since I was being careful n learning where things were. Now I can switch out batteries in under 2 mins and change boards in under 5 I should actually make a post and video, so more dont make the mistake till newer hboots are s-off'd.
The Following User Says Thank You to irishgreen For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st October 2012, 04:19 AM   |  #5654  
Flag Tampa
Thanks Meter: 581

921 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dilmurat

Looking for help PLEASE. I've been rooting my phones for a few years (back to HTC Hero), but I'm no dev and I think I may have screwed up. TWRP, S-On, 1.15. I updated boot image from rom based on Fastboot Flash video, then installed ROM (TWRP wipe and Aroma wipe). EVerything working fine, update theme, restore apps, etc. Listening to a podcast, phone shuts off and now wont power on. No indicator light on charger. Gets hot on charger tho. Not sure what to do - any ideas? I don't want to buy a new phone....

Did you try to get into recovery? adb reboot or long power press then Vol down?
I'd try a cache and dalvik wipe first though it sound like you may need a reinstall.
It's very strange to be that far into the set up and usage of the ROM for it to do that but you need to try to get into recovery first to do anything.
1st October 2012, 04:20 AM   |  #5655  
Flag Whittier,CA
Thanks Meter: 5,788

15,574 posts
Donate to Me
Guys, Lyapota's Music Box Beats mod on Hox is great and he gave devs permission to use it. Viperboy I will shoot Jin's donation your way if I can't get it right now ...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1854819

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2
1st October 2012, 04:31 AM   |  #5656  
Thanks Meter: 251

546 posts
I use the AOSP lockscreen, and when I check the "AOSP incoming call workaround" in Tweaks, it asks me to reboot. After reboot, the incoming call workaround is not checked.

I saw this posted in this thread a while back, just wondering if the setting sticks even though the checkbox doesn't?

Gracias

Sent from my EVO
1st October 2012, 04:31 AM   |  #5657  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowsquat

Did you try to get into recovery? adb reboot or long power press then Vol down?
I'd try a cache and dalvik wipe first though it sound like you may need a reinstall.
It's very strange to be that far into the set up and usage of the ROM for it to do that but you need to try to get into recovery first to do anything.

I didn't mention - wont power into recovery either. Whoa, been fiddling, trying everything every 15 minutes for about 2 (long, torturous) hrs... and just powered on. Was at about 80% battery, now at 13% (and charging again). Still don't know what happened. A little concerned and I think I'm going to flash back to Fresh - which had no probs. This is the kind of thing that makes me want to go all in on learning this stuff or just quit. Whew. Thanks for quick response!
1st October 2012, 04:38 AM   |  #5658  
Flag Cleveland
Thanks Meter: 2,887

3,649 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I didn't mention - wont power into recovery either. Whoa, been fiddling, trying everything every 15 minutes for about 2 (long, torturous) hrs... and just powered on. Was at about 80% battery, now at 13% (and charging again). Still don't know what happened. A little concerned and I think I'm going to flash back to Fresh - which had no probs. This is the kind of thing that makes me want to go all in on learning this stuff or just quit. Whew. Thanks for quick response!

Sounds like your battery isn't reading correctly. Probably wouldn't come on or show indicator because battery was dead. Leave it on charge till full and see how it goes.
1st October 2012, 04:39 AM   |  #5659  
Thanks Meter: 118

2,197 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlxcrossing

Users wanting the old HTCMusicEnhancer with presets instead of just beats on or off just push the apk below to system/app and set permissions

http://db.tt/7RZwtweF

It's just the HtcSoundEnhancerSetting.apk from venom 1.0...no biggie

does the old make much of a difference?
1st October 2012, 04:39 AM   |  #5660  
Flag Tampa
Thanks Meter: 581

921 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mexlos

I use the AOSP lockscreen, and when I check the "AOSP incoming call workaround" in Tweaks, it asks me to reboot. After reboot, the incoming call workaround is not checked.

I saw this posted in this thread a while back, just wondering if the setting sticks even though the checkbox doesn't?

Gracias

Sent from my EVO

Yes, it still sticks, just the checkmark doesn't.

Quote:

Whew! Good deal. One of the weirdest situ's I've seen yet on any ROM. Trust me this ROM is rock solid and worth hanging around for.
Choice of course is yours.
After that kind of weirdness I would do a fresh install, leave your apps off of it for a day or two and then slowly add them back.
Also just wipe in Aroma-that didnt cause your issue but wiping in twrp and Aroma can cause other issues.
Good luck.

The Following User Says Thank You to iknowsquat For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread