5,603,920 Members 42,080 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Low benchmarks.

Tip us?

ingenious247
Old
Thanks Meter 560
I'd say something is up with that low of Benchmarks out of the box, regardless of the flaming you're getting from others

There's something hogging up resources or limiting your phone, but unless it's affecting day to day functionality then it really isn't a big deal.

But out of the box, stock, I was getting about 5800 on quadrant.

However, to give you some perspective, I am now running CM10 (Jelly Bean) and my phone has NEVER been faster, but my Quadrant score is only about 3200

So really it doesn't matter too much. But I would still take a look and check the power saver settings like redhooka said, and turn them off if they're on.

Also, you can always root the phone and freeze the bloat.

But if the phone is working good for you, ignore the benchmarks. They mean nothing when it all comes down to it

Xanatos57
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Check your apps. I run Cerberus in the background full time and I noticed my Antutu score drop from 9300 to 6600 with a massive OC. So if you have apps that run in the background, it'll slow down your phone no matter how fast it should be.

laprodigy001
Old
Thanks Meter 0
i am on my 3rd phone...my second phone was scoring very low like yours,i ignored it for a while and it just got worse.my wife's S3 always scored hi,and i noticed the performance difference between the two.so i decided to go back and have it exchanged.and I'm glad i did.

the best way to do it is call t mobile customer service and they will trouble shoot.then they will put a note on your account and tell you to go back to the store you purchased it from for a exchange.make sure you go to the store for a exchange otherwise if they have to send it to you it will be a refurbished unit.
i would def exchange it

belial20xx
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Perrignon View Post

Dude, does the phone work properly? Is the phone during actual use fast and snappy? Can you call, use apps, listen to music, text, etc etc without lag or any issues? Then stop worrying about benchmark scores. Benchmark scores don't reflect the actual capabilities of the phone. By the way, leave your phone alone for thirty minutes (so it can cool down) and run a benchmark again.
Well not really. It gets super hot doing anything and I am now getting data loss and random reboots. Gonna return since in Window still.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

belial20xx
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by belial20xx View Post
Well not really. It gets super hot doing anything and I am now getting data loss and random reboots. Gonna return since in Window still.

Well I returned the device and it was for sure a borked phone. New one runs way faster and cooler. Barely gets warm and over 5000 on quadrant out of box stock. Those of you flaming should think. If you pay as much as some do for a phone if it runs hot and underperforming it could be defective. Is that hard to believe?

The Following User Says Thank You to belial20xx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Don_Perrignon
Old
Thanks Meter 121
Quote:

Quote:
Well I returned the device and it was for sure a borked phone. New one runs way faster and cooler. Barely gets warm and over 5000 on quadrant out of box stock. Those of you flaming should think. If you pay as much as some do for a phone if it runs hot and underperforming it could be defective. Is that hard to believe?

Yeah, then you needed to get a new one. It's just that a lot of people will instantly to a benchmark, not get the result they thought, and all of a sudden not like their phone when it's perfectly fine. But, there was definitely something wrong with yours. When you described the technical issues, you're right, but you shouldn't take benchmarks alone as your basis of judgment.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium
Phone History

Samsung C225, Samsung T309, Nokia (¿Something?),
HTC Dash 3G, Nokia E73,
HTC MyTouch 4G, Samsung Galaxy SIII, Sony Xperia Z1s (current)

Tablet History

Nexus 7 2013 (current)

atikis_maximus
Old
Thanks Meter 1
HI

driftnut56
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:

For the amount of money they're charging me for these phones the damn thing better be perfect if you ask me... good on you for going to the store and getting another.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium