[Q] Market apps can't pick up or control wired headset, reassinging keycode works?

OP XDAcat62

4th October 2012, 08:37 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 52

123 posts
I recently got a Skullcandy wired headset that has a built in mic and the small button that can be used for routing calls. There are a number of third party apps to control more closely the actions of wired headsets, most notably "Headset Button Controller", but there are other free ones, or other ones that say they're for specific headsets and are supposed to work across the board, etc.

When the headset's plugged in and I press the button, it does register somehow in that the OS (AreaRom on Galaxy Precedent, gingerbread based) tries to do something funny like call the last person I talked to or start voice recognition. But I'm not sure exactly what it's doing. On all the third party apps for controlling headsets, I never got any change in the limited and buggy behavior of the headset button. On the "Headset Button Controller", for debug I checked the button to alert when the button was pressed, and it looks like it wasn't picking it up.

But what I *was* able to do was find the keycode (231, if it matters) using the key number tracker helper that comes with the Button Remapper app (floating around here on the forums) and remap it accordingly. After I did that, I could assign one, but only one, function to it. I chose the skip track function. The apps that are on the market allow you to control single tap, long tap, etc. Would also like to be able to pause...

Since I have this kind of limited control, I wonder if it's an issue with the third party apps expecting a certain keycode? is there something that I could remap the button to that these apps would be expecting to get?

If anyone has ideas please let me know, and hopefully I can help someone with the remapping tip, which gives limited functionality to that button for me as of now.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
headset button, headset button control, keycode, remapping
Previous Thread Next Thread