Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,888 Members 36,227 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

**RELOCATED** [KERNEL](7-15) ICS - h0tkernel r2 - up to 1.92GHz

Tip us?

kairi_zeroblade
Old
(Last edited by kairi_zeroblade; 3rd October 2012 at 04:17 AM.)
Thanks Meter 822

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finagle69 View Post
The new version flashes fine on both CWM and TWRP. That's the good news.

The bad news is that the kernel deletes all APNs, which isn't a huge deal. But, it either isn't rooted or doesn't work with Super user.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app
That seems to be ROM related..kernel has nothing to do with APN's..

delete the last line on install script..something related to /system/xbin..never had problems on mine before..

if you are on AOSP then ROOT will have issues..i will make a RAMDISK that will support one..sheeessh..on TW if you flashed my previous BOOT image then ROOT works fine with it..
The Following User Says Thank You to kairi_zeroblade For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Finagle69
Old
Thanks Meter 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by kairi_zeroblade View Post
That seems to be ROM related..kernel has nothing to do with APN's..

delete the last line on install script..something related to /system/xbin..never had problems on mine before..

if you are on AOSP then ROOT will have issues..i will make a RAMDISK that will support one..sheeessh..on TW if you flashed my previous BOOT image then ROOT works fine with it..
Ah ok. I didn't really bother me about the APN as it's easy enough to add one. Just reporting what I experienced.

Understood about root. Without that, I can't try any governors or schedulers with SetCPU or SysTuner. Thanks for keeping up with it!

serge_harle_z
Old
Thanks Meter 126
I noticed that with kairi_zeroblade' s kernel I lost mtp. Other than that it is working nicely using badass governor at stock speeds. Nice job.

Judge Joseph Dredd
Old
RC-RT Committee / Senior Moderator - Judgment is Coming
Thanks Meter 25,441
I am wondering who this thread now belongs to.....OP pm me on this question, until then Thread Closed & Thank You.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Judge Joseph Dredd For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe