5,599,616 Members 43,347 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Samsung Galaxy Stellar SCH-I200 - System, Recovery, and Boot Images FOUND!

Tip us?

p4u191
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default boot recovery

Hey you think somehow if i go into boot recovery, and click on the option that says format from sdcard.. is there a way i can transfer my root files into my sd car (8GB) then root it again? So basically do something from my sd card? instead of plugging it into the comp? And the repair option for the upgrade assistant didnt work since my computer couldnt read my device.

sovereign73811
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
I'm sure you've installed the Samsung USB drivers on there.

It takes much more to "transfer" the "root files" to your SD Card. The only thing you can "pull" from the phone in recovery mode is the Recovery image itself.

I can use that actually. Refer to my previous posts here on this very topic and see what you can do.

remf4i
Old
Thanks Meter 1563
Has anyone tried any cwm recoveries yet?

Sent from my SCH-I200 using xda premium

sovereign73811
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
DON'T DO IT! Unless you want to brick your phone. I did something similar and that's how I'm in my predicament.

Before you do anything else PLEASE backup your ROMs. Look at my past posts of this topic; I think we've found some of the ROMs.

wolverene13
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereign73811 View Post
I have a theory:

I believe that the recovery partition is in "mmcblk0p20." This partition is about 6MB and I've seen Galaxy S3 recovery partitions size around 6MB.

Let's try adding this:

Code:
ls -l /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery
or:

Code:
ls -l /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/mmcblk0p20
Can anyone help me confirm the theory? I would if I had a working phone.
a/local/bin:$PATH <
/platform/msm_sdcc.1/mmcblk0p20 <
lrwxrwxrwx root root 1970-01-13 18:02 mmcblk0p20 -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p20
/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery <
lrwxrwxrwx root root 1970-01-13 18:02 recovery -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p18
app_134@android:/ $

sovereign73811
Old
(Last edited by sovereign73811; 6th October 2012 at 09:19 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
So it's in mmcblk0p18? Hmm...can you extract anything out of it?

And I'll ask again: If any of you are successful in extracting the ROMs, please upload them. I need my Stellar back up and running soon!

wolverene13
Old
(Last edited by wolverene13; 6th October 2012 at 07:07 PM.) Reason: Pasted entirely wrong text the first time.
Thanks Meter 0
Sure, I can try to extract something - any tips on how to do that? I can obviously just Google it, but I'm new to the Android environment. If I could get the device to talk to my Linux box, I could probably do a lot more, but it doesn't recognize the device via MTP, which is another battle I'm working on. As a result, I have either use my work laptop, which runs Windows, or I have to do it directly from the phone.

sovereign73811
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
If I know the code enough, I believe that these commands through adb will extract the partitions in an image file. You can look at the very first post of the topic; I've updated it with some compiled information I've gathered.

gravewood
Old
Thanks Meter 0
So I too am new to android. I just attempted a rom dump using the podtwo romdump/adb method, and I am pretty sure that it did not complete as it should have. Here is the output
Code:
C:\Users\gravewood\AppData\Local\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools>adb push romdump
 /data/local
2587 KB/s (1149900 bytes in 0.434s)

C:\Users\gravewood\AppData\Local\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools>adb shell chmod
04755 /data/local/romdump

C:\Users\gravewood\AppData\Local\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools>adb shell /data/
local/romdump
Android ROM dumper v0.82b
(c)2011 Sebastian404
You need to be rooted to run this aplication

Device : IMM76D.I200VRALG4

Creating required files... cat: can't open '/proc/mtd': No such file or director
y
done.
Opening mtd table... Segmentation fault

C:\Users\gravewood\AppData\Local\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools>
It did not create the sub directory named after my device so what is in the zip is all I have, taking a smoke break hope someone can work with it let me know what else I can do to help.
Attached Files
File Type: zip potential romdump.zip - [Click for QR Code] (4.0 KB, 50 views)

sovereign73811
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
ROMDump doesn't work because of Samsung's proprietary partitioning. Try looking around here instead.