5,595,918 Members 30,872 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Should Paranoid Android change to an AOSP base.
Yes, AOSP base with a few features from cm 279 63.41%
NO, stick with a cm base(current base) 161 36.59%
Voters: 440. You may not vote on this poll

[rom][8/1] paranoidandroid 3.91 | 4.3

Tip us?

Jay Aristide
Old
Thanks Meter 900

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSLEON3 View Post
Yo Aaron, are you working on an update? I just received a second Nexus 7 & NONE of the custom builds including Paranoid will work on it. I am stuck with stock. The new build number is JZO54K, and the tag is android-4.1.2_r1. Any devices that come preloaded with this version will not run 4.1.1 base versions because of the new power management chips. BTW, either Google screwed up, or I was lucky because I ordered another 16Gb Nexus 7 & I received a 32Gb device. At least it shows as having over 26Gb of space available in storage.
You got the 32, eh? Ma,es me wanna order a 16

Can you at least get root to work?

Also, I'm certain you would be able to grab the JRO03D factory image and use adb to flash it...
Google Nexus 4 16GB running the latest ParanoidAndroid with _motley's kernel.
Google Nexus 7 16GB running the latest ParanoidAndroid and Jay's Recipe for Buttery Goodness with _motley's kernel.

If I helped you, please hit the "Thanks" button (it makes me feel special )!

aaronpoweruser
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 7504

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobitronics View Post
I just saw that android 4.1.2 was released, adding landscape in phablet mode and bug+performance fixes. Will this android be implemented in the next PA or is it worth switching back to stock and OTA it?

Beamed from my Google Galaxy Nexus
it will be integrated in the next couple days, howver i still recomend ota-ing to get the new bootloader or to use a flashable zip

Quote:
Yo Aaron, are you working on an update? I just received a second Nexus 7 & NONE of the custom builds including Paranoid will work on it. I am stuck with stock. The new build number is JZO54K, and the tag is android-4.1.2_r1. Any devices that come preloaded with this version will not run 4.1.1 base versions because of the new power management chips. BTW, either Google screwed up, or I was lucky because I ordered another 16Gb Nexus 7 & I received a 32Gb device. At least it shows as having over 26Gb of space available in storage.
mind sharing your model number, and currently no there is nothing anyone can do until google releases the new binaries.

Jordanooo
Old
Thanks Meter 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronpoweruser View Post
it will be integrated in the next couple days, howver i still recomend ota-ing to get the new bootloader or to use a flashable zip

mind sharing your model number, and currently no there is nothing anyone can do until google releases the new binaries.
So we should go back to stock, update then flash PA again?

GSLEON3
Old
(Last edited by GSLEON3; 9th October 2012 at 09:06 PM.)
Retired Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 1140

DONATE TO ME
Quote:

Duh, I wasn't thinking...

As for the model number, I didn't even think of that, it is NEXUS7 ASUS-1B32, although the packing slip shows NEXUS7 ASUS-1B16 . Maybe it is my imagination, or the Asus OEM dimpled book style case, but initially I would have sworn it seems a bit thinner. When I get home tonight I'll have to measure the two devices. I ordered it awhile back after picking up the first from Office Depot & it was shortly before they stopped listing the 16Gb device in the Play Store. The missus is going on a trip this weekend & so she informed me she was taking my first one, which is what prompted me into getting a second.
Ingress Resistance - Rainbow6

Click HERE to buy me a cheeseburger if I helped you! Or even better, find a charity or local family fighting childhood cancer & help out however you can!

A brief & incomplete timeline of my love affair with mobile technology:

farmerbb
Old
Thanks Meter 196
Quote:
You can flash the zip in this thread to get the new bootloader:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1928915
(16GB + LTE)   

ROM: rascarlo's vanilla AOSP + PA Stock GApps
Kernel: franco.Kernel + ziddey's USB-OTG patches    
Recovery: TWRP + MultiROM
(2012) (32GB + Wi-Fi)    

ROM: rascarlo's vanilla AOSP + PA Stock GApps
Kernel: M-Kernel + F2FS support
Recovery: TWRP + MultiROM
The Following User Says Thank You to farmerbb For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

coversnail
Old
Thanks Meter 348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordanooo View Post
So we should go back to stock, update then flash PA again?
Its definitely worth getting the new boat loader on your device as it fixes not being able to boot into recovery from fastboot

GSLEON3
Old
Retired Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 1140

DONATE TO ME
Okay, this really sucks. For the first time in my life, I used a "kit" instead of doing things manually & now I am stuck on the damn black Google boot screen. Can't get into stock recovery, can't get into the BL either. Device does not register in adb as connected either.

Any ideas? I knew I should've waited till I'd had time to dig into things a bit.
Ingress Resistance - Rainbow6

Click HERE to buy me a cheeseburger if I helped you! Or even better, find a charity or local family fighting childhood cancer & help out however you can!

A brief & incomplete timeline of my love affair with mobile technology:

Krunk_Kracker
Old
Thanks Meter 646

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by coversnail View Post
Its definitely worth getting the new boat loader on your device as it fixes not being able to boot into recovery from fastboot
Still doesn't reboot into recovery for me...
+Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 - CM11+

airmaxx23
Old
Thanks Meter 654
Quote:
Okay, this really sucks. For the first time in my life, I used a "kit" instead of doing things manually & now I am stuck on the damn black Google boot screen. Can't get into stock recovery, can't get into the BL either. Device does not register in adb as connected either.

Any ideas? I knew I should've waited till I'd had time to dig into things a bit.

Did you try plugging the device into a computer and then try accessing recovery?

Jay Aristide
Old
Thanks Meter 900

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krunk_Kracker View Post
Still doesn't reboot into recovery for me...
Boots right into recovery for me . Just out of curiosity, are you using CWM or TWRP?
Google Nexus 4 16GB running the latest ParanoidAndroid with _motley's kernel.
Google Nexus 7 16GB running the latest ParanoidAndroid and Jay's Recipe for Buttery Goodness with _motley's kernel.

If I helped you, please hit the "Thanks" button (it makes me feel special )!

Tags
best rom ever
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe