XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Motorola's Jelly Bean Promise

Tip us?

P05TMAN
Old
Thanks Meter 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deggy View Post
JB or $100 towards another Motorola device? Win-win baby.

Sent from my MB860 using xda app-developers app
Let's be realistic; $100 is like 20%. Boooo. That and Moto has done nothing but renege. I'll believe it when I see it....and even then I won't buy another Moto device.

ravilov
Old
Thanks Meter 1304

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by P05TMAN View Post
Let's be realistic; $100 is like 20%. Boooo. That and Moto has done nothing but renege. I'll believe it when I see it....and even then I won't buy another Moto device.
The $100 promise wouldn't be all that bad if they didn't ask for your old phone too. As it is, all they do is basically make you sell your Atrix for $100. That's just ridiculous. On top of that, the offer is valid for only a few new models, which makes the whole thing even more ridiculous.
The Following User Says Thank You to ravilov For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ASPTHEONE
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Thumbs down Motorola thinks their customers are idiots with the 100 discount!

Moto is offering 100 dollars for a phone that is worth more than that. Only an idiot will send his phone for the discount. Most probably it will come with a new contract from Verizon. But in the case they give the discount ,, Do the math,,, 500 dollars for a new unlocked phone - 100 trade discount equals to a lot of money. I will never get a MOTOFAIL device anymore.
The Following User Says Thank You to ASPTHEONE For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Lokifish Marz
Old
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3099

DONATE TO ME
Moto still doesn't have anything in place yet for non-verizon customers in the U.S.. outside the u.s. customers get squat.

ccrows
Old
(Last edited by ccrows; 9th October 2012 at 10:39 PM.)
Thanks Meter 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASPTHEONE View Post
Moto is offering 100 dollars for a phone that is worth more than that. Only an idiot will send his phone for the discount.
^ This right here.

The Atrix is too good of a phone/backup phone for $100.

It's a shame that Motorola and Nokia both make great phones, and sadly I've been kicked hard in the nuts by both companies...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

IrateCustomer
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Well, since ATT announced they aren't going to update the 4G to ICS, there's no way they're going to offer the $100 to those customers.

Deggy
Old
Thanks Meter 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by P05TMAN View Post
I take back what I said. I misunderstood the news. I thought it was $100 off a full upgrade price AND keep your old phone. And the discount only applies to Verizon customers. Since they announced no ICS or JB on our phones, the $100 now seems like crap. I'd rather have ICS. Thank god for leak today.

Sent from my MB860 using xda app-developers app
One of the best sites for wallpapers for computers (and maybe smartphones) -> http://wallbase.cc/random

Add me on Google+! -> http://bit.ly/V1wJmi