Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,924 Members 45,464 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Motorola's Jelly Bean Promise

Tip us?

P05TMAN
Old
Thanks Meter 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deggy View Post
JB or $100 towards another Motorola device? Win-win baby.

Sent from my MB860 using xda app-developers app
Let's be realistic; $100 is like 20%. Boooo. That and Moto has done nothing but renege. I'll believe it when I see it....and even then I won't buy another Moto device.

ravilov
Old
Thanks Meter 1317

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by P05TMAN View Post
Let's be realistic; $100 is like 20%. Boooo. That and Moto has done nothing but renege. I'll believe it when I see it....and even then I won't buy another Moto device.
The $100 promise wouldn't be all that bad if they didn't ask for your old phone too. As it is, all they do is basically make you sell your Atrix for $100. That's just ridiculous. On top of that, the offer is valid for only a few new models, which makes the whole thing even more ridiculous.
The Following User Says Thank You to ravilov For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ASPTHEONE
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Thumbs down Motorola thinks their customers are idiots with the 100 discount!

Moto is offering 100 dollars for a phone that is worth more than that. Only an idiot will send his phone for the discount. Most probably it will come with a new contract from Verizon. But in the case they give the discount ,, Do the math,,, 500 dollars for a new unlocked phone - 100 trade discount equals to a lot of money. I will never get a MOTOFAIL device anymore.
The Following User Says Thank You to ASPTHEONE For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Lokifish Marz
Old
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3258

DONATE TO ME
Moto still doesn't have anything in place yet for non-verizon customers in the U.S.. outside the u.s. customers get squat.
Ubuntop- U4A/Webtop hybrid for all Tegra2 Motorola phones (Fully integrated Ubuntu Desktop)
Live ROM (One "ROM" over 12 phones) (Featured on XDA Portal and multiple other sites around the world and as base by many devs)
Imperium Initiative Photon (used as base by many Photon devs)
Imperium Initiative LS970 (used as base by many LS970 devs)
Imperium Agent LS970 (LS970 version of Live ROM)
Evo Desktop PC (Featured on XDA Portal and multiple other sites around the world)
(Nexus Q)uantum Singularity Project (Media Center, File Server, Website Server, LinuxonAndroid in little black ball of joy)
Umeox x201 EnSec Enhanced Security Patch and Live ROM Installer (used by multiple devs world wide on over 6 different models/versions of x201's)
Every Android device I've owned since the Hero- Media Center, File Server, Website Server

ccrows
Old
(Last edited by ccrows; 9th October 2012 at 10:39 PM.)
Thanks Meter 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASPTHEONE View Post
Moto is offering 100 dollars for a phone that is worth more than that. Only an idiot will send his phone for the discount.
^ This right here.

The Atrix is too good of a phone/backup phone for $100.

It's a shame that Motorola and Nokia both make great phones, and sadly I've been kicked hard in the nuts by both companies...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

IrateCustomer
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Well, since ATT announced they aren't going to update the 4G to ICS, there's no way they're going to offer the $100 to those customers.

Deggy
Old
Thanks Meter 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by P05TMAN View Post
I take back what I said. I misunderstood the news. I thought it was $100 off a full upgrade price AND keep your old phone. And the discount only applies to Verizon customers. Since they announced no ICS or JB on our phones, the $100 now seems like crap. I'd rather have ICS. Thank god for leak today.

Sent from my MB860 using xda app-developers app
One of the best sites for wallpapers for computers (and maybe smartphones) -> http://wallbase.cc/random

Add me on Google+! -> http://bit.ly/V1wJmi