5,598,718 Members 36,794 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Anyone else on JB having any browser image load issues?

Tip us?

Fireplug
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 86
Default Anyone else on JB having any browser image load issues?

Is anyone else having any issues with jpg pictures not completely loading in browsers while on JB? Not quite sure when this started happening, but I made a quick video to demonstrate below.

First off, I am unlocked and I made this video while on Craig's Stock JB ROM with the original data location. I added the init.d, EXT4, and CtlSys mods as well as the JB Build prop from the other build.prop thread at that time and was having the issue so not sure what was causing it.

Now, I just did a fresh clean install of a brand new Hairy Bean 1.3 JB ROM with the data2sd kernel and typical install and before doing any titanium restores or anything else I went and tested the browser and found out the SAME thing is happening on this ROM??? Much less frequently, but I've had it still happen. Weird thing is if it DOES happen, if I rotate the screen then the whole picture loads and will be there if I rotate back.

Is this a JB glitch and is anybody on Stock JB having this issue?

If someone can go to post 383 on Craig's thread to test it:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=383

and click on the pictures as I did in the video can someone tell me if the pictures are fully loading in whatever browser you are using or sometimes does only the part actually showing on the screen load, and the bottom is white when you scroll? I've had this same issue on both the standard and data2microsd configurations.

Please check this video to see what I mean.

http://videobam.com/RUfqj

Thank you for your time.

Fireplug
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 86
157 views and nobody has this problem or is curious enough to check it themselves?

agentdonald
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireplug View Post
157 views and nobody has this problem or is curious enough to check it themselves?
You are not alone I experience the same problem. When you change from landscape to portrait and back then the image is fine again. So it seems a landscape rendering problem.
The Following User Says Thank You to agentdonald For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Fireplug
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentdonald View Post
You are not alone I experience the same problem. When you change from landscape to portrait and back then the image is fine again. So it seems a landscape rendering problem.
Thanks for confirming with me that at least someone else is having the issue. Found that it happens much less often with Chrome (but overall Chrome is much slower) and seems to never happen at all with Dolphin Beta.