Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,801 Members 39,881 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

SanDisk 16GB Micro SD (SDHC) Card - Class 4

Tip us?

Braveheart1980
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I know I am digging up a "dead" thread , but does anyone today have any idea on where to find a 16 gb class 4 micro sd card

Is it really THAT better than class 2?

acehole
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default I searched 2 weeks ago and nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braveheart1980 View Post
I know I am digging up a "dead" thread , but does anyone today have any idea on where to find a 16 gb class 4 micro sd card

Is it really THAT better than class 2?
I ended up replacing my 8 gb class 2 with an 8 gb class 6
Yes faster, depending on what you use it for.
the phone cares a little, my music is the biggest use for the card, swapping out music and books makes it ok, just waiting to get a new phone, I would say no biggie on the 16 gb class 2 just for the size.
I wouldn't swap so much if I went bigger, but sometime I want to copy stuff on and off, it helps for that.
Amazon.com was ok on price and ebay if check the seller feedback.

I did not see a class 4 anywhere, for 16 gb, good luck, picture may show it but the print does not. read the fine print.
Samsung Galaxy Note II Unlocked and rooted
Thunderbolt ADR6400L
Motorola Droid
At&t Tilt aka HTC Kaiser
Siemens SX-66
T-Mobile MDA

cproaudio
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Sandisk 16GB MicroSD class 4 is their ultra series. It is supposed be released by now. According to Sandick reps at CES They have a tradition of releasing the regular line in 3rd quarter of each year and the ultra version after CES. 8GB came out in 3rd Q 07, 8GB class 6 came out 1st Q 08, 16GB class 2 came out 3rd Q 08. When I asked about the 32GB MicroSD he didnt gave me date just repeated the above statement. I'm expecting a 32GB MicroSD sometime in September or October of 09 and a class 4 or 6 sometime early 2010.

As for speed, the Sandisk class 2 16GB microsd goes, read is about the same as class 4 8GB microsd maybe faster. Write speed is about 10% slower than then the class 4 8GB microsd. I transfered 7.5GB to 8GB class 4 Sandisk microsd and it took 23 minutes. Same data transferred to the 16GB class 2 microsd took 25 minutes 30 sec. Read speed - transfering 7.5GB from the 8GB class 4 took 13 minutes while the 16GB class 2 took 12 minutes 31 sec.

rcpaclebar
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I think I'll wait for the smoke to clear and the prices to drop before I get one. My 8G is not even half full but with all the cool stuff on this site I have a feeling it'll be full soon enough.

tomasus
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Smile Class 4 - in stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braveheart1980 View Post
check Amazon http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001QSZ4W4

In Stock

mycell
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default I have only been able to locate the class 2

Please see at link below. Dell has the 16GB micro SD for 89.95 USD

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/c...ry_id=4104&p=3
Mycell
AT&T Tilt (Kaiser/TyTN II)
ROM: PDA Corner Ultimate-X.V3 -21068|D3D|M2D|Premium
Radio: 1.70.19.09
SPL: Dave Shaw's 3.34.Hard

Mittaa
Old
Thanks Meter 376
In Stock here too :)

http://www.mymemory.co.uk/Micro-SDHC...HC-Memory-Card

KwestJones
Old
Thanks Meter 22

DONATE TO ME
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001L1H0SC

Well, I went ahead and bought and received it today. I've only been using it for an hour or so but it seems be behaving normally. Doesn't seem any faster or slower than my 8GB card (which died on me which forced my hand). I'll let you know if I have any problems.

Ramsfan_Jim
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by smuook View Post
Seems they might have arrived... anyone buy one of these puppies yet?

http://www.mymemory.co.uk/Micro-SDHC...Card---Class-4

Edit:

NVM... when you hit buy it says this:

"Sorry, SanDisk 16GB Micro SD (SDHC) Card - Class 4 is out of stock.

If you would like to be informed when new stock arrives, please enter your details below."

I've entered my data and I'm awaiting arrival... will post. Good to see a price though...

59.99 pounds or 117.17 USD
It's a lie - again. I have now bought 2 16Gb micro-SD cards from My Memory, both claiming to be class 4 - even in the description in one case, and after me emailing and specifically asking.
I don't understand why they do this - it will only cost them in postage and charges associated with refunding my money.
Current(Home): Samsung Galaxy Note 2 LTE GT-N7015 (16gb) + 64gb MicroSD
Android 4.1.2
Current Build: JZ054K.N7105XXDMB3 (rooted)
Kernel 3.0.31-679347 (Perseus-alpha32)
Baseband: N7105BVALIG

Work: iPhone 4GS (not my choice)

Previous: HTC Desire Z, HTC Hermes, HTC Kaiser, HTC Touch Pro 2, Palm Treo 750W, Nokia E90, HTC Diamond, Nokia E71, HTC Touch Pro

mbernstein
Old
Thanks Meter 6
I've been using my 16GB Class2 for four months from a 6GB class 4. No difference in daily usage at all. May make difference with copying files from PC to the card, but with that more space you don't do that as much. From my experience today I would not buy for two times the price a Class 4 over a Class 2.