Ask a question

No registration required

Motorcycle Bluetooth Headset Mic

OP Alperon

12th October 2012, 06:26 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3

37 posts
Just recently bought a Bluetooth Headset for my Motorcycle Helmet, I'm on ICS right now, SCV7. The problem I'm finding is that no matter which voice commands app I use (Vlingo, utter, Skyvi, Voice Search) I can't seem to get it to use the headset's mic to listen to me!

But whenever I take a call the microphone works just fine. When I go into the headset's bluetooth settings it is connected as both phone and media. I've tried both by themselves but didn't get a change. Phone calls work and music plays, but voice commands just don't.

Anyone have similar issues? Any ideas?
Would this be a hardware issue with the headset? Hardware with the phone? Or Software?

On a side note: Noticed that music effects have been really buggy with the headset.. MusicFX and DSPManager go crazy, make it sound worse than without them, like the speaker is about to explode from all the static. (Tried all Loudness levels, switching songs, and tried all equalizer settings but I can't pin it down, sometimes it'll be exploding ear-screeching sounds but when I open DSPManager it's as if it finally clicks and makes the equalizer work again.. goes away next song)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread