Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,027 Members 48,554 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[TOOL/UTILITY][TWRP][ 2.7][RECOVERY] TWRP 2.7.1.0 TeamWin Recovery Project 6/7

Tip us?

bigbiff
Old
(Last edited by bigbiff; 13th October 2012 at 12:56 PM.)
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 3545

DONATE TO ME
I just got word from Dees_Troy that the issue where when you select Using Internal or External storage, and it goes to whatever directory you browsed to, is fixed! It will now change to the proper location. This is in 2.3.

I will release it tonight with the GB kernel still. The Samsung ICS kernel source has broken support for USB Mass Storage and OTG support.

This kernel will not affect TWRP whatsoever. 2.3 will be out sometime tonight I hope.

EDIT:

Still working on a bug to unmount /system after factory reset.
Phone: Tmobile Galaxy Note 3 Sim unlocked
ROM: Touchwiz stock SELINUX Enforcing
64 GB Class 10 Sandisk

If you need help please, please, please, please post recovery.log.
1. adb pull /tmp/recovery.log or Advanced->Copy Log to SDCard
2. Upload /tmp/recovery.log or /sdcard/recovery.log to http://paste.tinyw.in

How to submit a bug report!

Support: Click http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=twrp for support or join us in #twrp on Freenode IRC servers
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to bigbiff For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bigbiff
Old
Thanks Meter 3545

DONATE TO ME
TWRP 2.3 is hot off the presses. Let me know if you see any issues because we have had a major code rewrite into C++.
64 GB Class 10 Sandisk

Support: Click http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=twrp for support or join us in #twrp on Freenode IRC servers
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to bigbiff For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

borijess
Old
Thanks Meter 820
Keyboard not working

Sent from the TermiNOTEr!

bigbiff
Old
Thanks Meter 3545

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by borijess View Post
Keyboard not working

Sent from the TermiNOTEr!
Forgot to say that keyboard isn't working in backup page. It works everywhere else however. Workaround is to rename the backup in the restore page. I will be looking into this issue.
64 GB Class 10 Sandisk

The Following User Says Thank You to bigbiff For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Bradl79
Old
Thanks Meter 179
Do we have to back up android_secure?

JamieD81
Old
Thanks Meter 8142

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbiff View Post
Forgot to say that keyboard isn't working in backup page. It works everywhere else however. Workaround is to rename the backup in the restore page. I will be looking into this issue.
good thing i just let twrp2 name my recovery :P
**Itís not a bug Ė itís an undocumented feature.**

My inbox is NOT a help desk.
G+: JamieD81
Donate: JamieD81
*appreciated and cherished*

sidgrafix
Old
Thanks Meter 3
HTC VIVID with Team Win recovery v2.2.0

Hello all, I was just handed an HTC Vivid that appears to be FUBAR'D All it does on start up is go into Team Win Recovery 2.2.0
(This is a friends phone, they bout it on eBay "apparently pre-modified) I was told the phone worked fine for 3 months since they had it, then all of the sudden this..)

If someone could please point me in the right direction to get this thing restored, that would be greatly appreciated! (From within Team Win it appears everything fails to mount and it isn't seeing the external sd! When it is connected to pc it asks me to format the disk!) I can see what looks like the system files and structure using the browser, but it will not reboot into anything "System, Recovery, or Bootloader from Team Win Recovery (it fails and hangs) you can't even use power off it too hangs, you have to remove the battery to do anything after you attempt any of that to continue..) It tells me there is NO OS Installed when i select reboot to anything!

I just need an absolute way to restore I am more than familiar with ADB and modification (but tend to stay with Moto X, RAZR, Xoom devices) I'm kinda blind as to were to start with this HTC..

Also, other than the recent poking around I know nothing about Team Win or there Recovery! From what i've read and can plainly see it looks pretty sweet so if I can just get this lame thing working again that would be great! (Now My friend says they have done nothing to the phone, just bought it on eBay! But if it were working they may have accidentally gotten into recover and wiped it "being it shows no OS" either that or this is a really bad bug!

bigbiff
Old
Thanks Meter 3545

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidgrafix View Post
HTC VIVID with Team Win recovery v2.2.0

Hello all, I was just handed an HTC Vivid that appears to be FUBAR'D All it does on start up is go into Team Win Recovery 2.2.0
(This is a friends phone, they bout it on eBay "apparently pre-modified) I was told the phone worked fine for 3 months since they had it, then all of the sudden this..)

If someone could please point me in the right direction to get this thing restored, that would be greatly appreciated! (From within Team Win it appears everything fails to mount and it isn't seeing the external sd! When it is connected to pc it asks me to format the disk!) I can see what looks like the system files and structure using the browser, but it will not reboot into anything "System, Recovery, or Bootloader from Team Win Recovery (it fails and hangs) you can't even use power off it too hangs, you have to remove the battery to do anything after you attempt any of that to continue..) It tells me there is NO OS Installed when i select reboot to anything!

I just need an absolute way to restore I am more than familiar with ADB and modification (but tend to stay with Moto X, RAZR, Xoom devices) I'm kinda blind as to were to start with this HTC..

Also, other than the recent poking around I know nothing about Team Win or there Recovery! From what i've read and can plainly see it looks pretty sweet so if I can just get this lame thing working again that would be great! (Now My friend says they have done nothing to the phone, just bought it on eBay! But if it were working they may have accidentally gotten into recover and wiped it "being it shows no OS" either that or this is a really bad bug!
I don't have that phone so I can't help directly. Maybe you can try the forum for the vivid on xda. For the best help you can join #twrp on freeode and ask your questions there. If you are familiar with adb you can pull /tmp/recovery.log and post it in the vivid forum.

Good luck.
64 GB Class 10 Sandisk

The Following User Says Thank You to bigbiff For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sidgrafix
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbiff View Post
I don't have that phone so I can't help directly. Maybe you can try the forum for the vivid on xda. For the best help you can join #twrp on freeode and ask your questions there. If you are familiar with adb you can pull /tmp/recovery.log and post it in the vivid forum.

Good luck.
Thanks Will do..

SmokinJohnny
Old
(Last edited by SmokinJohnny; 15th October 2012 at 09:29 PM.)
Thanks Meter 11
When I flash zips that have worked on the older 2.2.2.0, namely PA updates and gapps, with 2.3.0.3, my phone no longer boots up. I just get the KK kernel boot image, then a black screen. The PA boot image does not show and even if I leave it for 10 minutes in case it is booting, I still get nothing. I also noticed that the Fix Permission is way too fast. Previous fix permission would take 10 minutes vs current version taking literally 2 seconds. I'll try flashing the recovery again and see if that fixes it.

Edit: It is the KK kernal that is keeping it from booting. Strange.

Edit edit: But is fix permission still suppose to be that fast? Just not used to it being that fast coming from 2.2.2.0.

Tags
att, gui, note, twrp2, xml