How to Root Android Wear 5.0.1 Lollipop Devices – XDA TV

The Lollipop update for Android Wear devices has hit the market and people are … more

Android 5.0.2 and New Factory Images For Nexus 7 (Wi-Fi) Available

Android 5.0 is has been publicly available since early November, and the … more

Github Tutorial App Shows You How to Use… Github

Github can get pretty complicated and using it can become quite daunting, especially … more

Google Glass-like Clip-On For Regular Glasses Developed by Sony

For the price of $2,000, a pair of glasses that can run apps, take pictures, … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[KITCHEN][WWE][20.03.2010]Windows Mobile 6.1 21056/20779 Kitchen for Raphael GSM

OP hilaireg

6th February 2009, 06:03 AM   |  #211  
Flag Redondo Beach, CA
Thanks Meter: 0

230 posts
More
Hello. For anyone who's interested, the two files attached will make it so the title on the manila Programs tab will change to the name of the program highlighted when scrolling through the icons. This is a feature in the AT&T Fuze manila. Just copy the files in the zip to the windows directory or add/replace in the package folder before cooking.
Attached Files
File Type: zip program tab title.zip - [Click for QR Code] (4.7 KB, 6 views)
Last edited by btprice2001; 6th February 2009 at 06:11 AM.
6th February 2009, 06:16 AM   |  #212  

207 posts
Maybe this will help?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_G

Yep.. and it's baffling as to why that happens. o.O

Although I am pretty braindead from court. I managed to fix the rest of the bugs at least :P

Maybe after I sleep on it..

I did some mix and match with you kitchen and NATF's and the bug with sms/mms/email was gone. All I did was replace the oem and Package folders and the bug was gone. I might have broken something else but maybe knowing this helps you understand something that I don't. I'm going to run this "hybrid" all day tomorrow and see if the bug comes back of if I notice anything else and maybe I can spend sometime tomorrow finding exactly what replacement did the trick. Thanks a lot for the hardwork Da G
6th February 2009, 08:32 AM   |  #213  
Moderator Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer
Flag Riverside, CA
Thanks Meter: 1,533

3,298 posts
Donate to Me
More
Well yeah.. I already knew it was in OEM (that's where 99.9% of the changes vs. any other ROM are)

The question is, what?

I'm sure i'll be able to figure it out tomorrow on a fresh nights sleep.. the only question is.. are there any OTHER bugs that need to be addressed

Hope to bring you a bug-free kitchen in the morning.
6th February 2009, 02:01 PM   |  #214  
Flag Gravesend
Thanks Meter: 27

1,002 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_G

Well yeah.. I already knew it was in OEM (that's where 99.9% of the changes vs. any other ROM are)

The question is, what?

I'm sure i'll be able to figure it out tomorrow on a fresh nights sleep.. the only question is.. are there any OTHER bugs that need to be addressed

Hope to bring you a bug-free kitchen in the morning.

Thought I would just dump my V5 OEM folder in to v6 (but still have the white screen issue). Have also tried just changoing the lockstream package to the one I knew was working in V5, but have now given up and reverted to V5 full till the master awakes.....
6th February 2009, 03:18 PM   |  #215  
Flag NW OHIO

126 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyC

Thought I would just dump my V5 OEM folder in to v6 (but still have the white screen issue). Have also tried just changoing the lockstream package to the one I knew was working in V5, but have now given up and reverted to V5 full till the master awakes.....

You aren't the only one getting inventive this morning trying to get up and running. I attempted to use the xip he posted in the leaked rom page and all the dll's from oemdrivers in my old v5 rom and could not get past the initial boot splash page. Question for all out there - was it the new xip drop from the new rom or was it taking all the dll's out of the new rom and replacing it into my old kitchen?
6th February 2009, 03:28 PM   |  #216  
Flag Gravesend
Thanks Meter: 27

1,002 posts
More
Well, the new leaked rom in its entirety does not apparently have this bug. At the end of the day it might be a case of dumping the new rom, and changing it one package at a time to see what breaks it - there are numerous blackstone/Diamond packages in the kitchen....But Da_G will sort it once he has had some rest, if no one else does.
6th February 2009, 05:26 PM   |  #217  
OP Moderator Emeritus
Thanks Meter: 222

2,945 posts
More
[N00B] OEM/ROM/SYS Comparison Question
I downloaded 'Raphael_ROM_Kitchen_v0.62.rar' from the following topic;

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=411915

Extracted the contents to 'c:\xda\raphael' and placed the 'RUU_Signed.nbh' in the '.\BaseROM' folder and ran the 'RaphaelKitchen.cmd' file, selected option A (extract) and then exit.

I then downloaded 'DaGsKitchen-v6.1-HTC_WWE_5.05.405.1.rar' and extracted the contents to 'c:\xda\Da_G'. When I ran a binary & file comparison tool (BeyondCompare 2), I noticed that there were several differences between the OEM/ROM/SYS folders.

- I understand why new files in the 'Da_G' folder; extras.
- I understand newer/older file dates of some files in the 'Da_G' folder; more 'stable' version, security removed, page pool, ULDR, etc.
- I understand why some files appear in 'Packages' instead of OEM/SYS; selectable extras

What I'm not sure I understand is why some files from the 'Raphael OEM/ROM/SYS' aren't in the 'Da_G' folder. Were they intentionally stripped out (by experience) or is it that the extraction process in the 'Raphael_ROM_Kitchen_v0.62.rar' isn't compatible with this ROM level.

Last edited by hilaireg; 6th February 2009 at 05:40 PM.
6th February 2009, 05:42 PM   |  #218  
Recognized Developer
Flag Cincinnati
Thanks Meter: 917

6,876 posts
Donate to Me
More
Something in this rom is eating my battery alive. I noticed it this morning. I unplugged my phone, got a shower. When I got out the phone read 90%. at 11:30am i'm down to 25%. I haven't used the phone at all. I noticed the phone is getting pretty hot in my pocket also.

There aren't any running apps in the background and I haven't installed any extra apps except my old resco explorer and a PIMBackup restore. I reset once this morning after I saw a 10% drop while in the shower.

Still dropping like a mofo. This could just be a whacked out battery driver issue or perhaps its something cooked in that is sucking it up. I had stellar battery life using the leaked rom yesterday.

All of this is using the new Radio which was coupled with the leaked rom.
6th February 2009, 06:54 PM   |  #219  
Moderator Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer
Flag Riverside, CA
Thanks Meter: 1,533

3,298 posts
Donate to Me
More
Good Morning

Hilaireg: Which files are missing? Anything that's removed from OEM should be in Packages, the only thing that should be completely missing is the .cab's from the original rom and some sample images/ringtones.

player911: I didn't make any changes that should affect the battery usage. Since i'm flashing the original leaked rom to do some comparisons i'll check out TBattery and see what the draw is compared to my modded one..

Edit: Oi! that frickin autover.exe takes decades..

On a side note while I do all this flashing, I was able to port 90% of IE8.12 to WM6.1.. the remaining 10% is the UI and it's kind of useless without that as it renders zoomed out and won't let you zoom in to click stuff.. :P
Last edited by Da_G; 6th February 2009 at 07:30 PM.
6th February 2009, 07:38 PM   |  #220  
OP Moderator Emeritus
Thanks Meter: 222

2,945 posts
More
Hi Da_G,

Not sure why but every single .DLL in the OEM folder under OEMDrivers show as a Binary Compare mismatch even though the File Size matches.

In the SYS folder, .EXE and .DLL are missing in the Da_G Kitchen but are present in the .62 Rapheal extraction.

If you like, PM me with an FTP point and I will upload the .PDF report that shows the comparison results ... report too big to post on the forum

Report Legend
Red = Newer
Light Gray = Older

Blue = On one side but not the other

[EDIT] Wonder why I didn't think of it sooner

http://rapidshare.com/files/19480260...25.01.zip.html

Cheers,
Last edited by hilaireg; 6th February 2009 at 07:42 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread