Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,099 Members 46,980 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Best earphones with built-in microphone?

Tip us?

kjt57
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissi323 View Post
Hi kjt57,

I'm in the same boat... does your MSVC work with the standard HTC headset? I had to tweak the registry to make it work. Now it needs a long press on the HTC headsetbutton to kick in. I thought that it should work with every 3,5mm headset. Can you please crosscheck with the original HTC?

I'd like to use the Ultimate Ears Metro.fi 200v or the Shure SE210 with MPA-3C adapter, but MSVC is a must. I couldn't find a local dealer who has this earphones for testing.

Cheers

chrissi
I have not tried the HTC headphones,as they were to big for my ears, will try when I get a chance. I tried the Ultimate Ears Metro Fi 150v, although they have a mike I could only get answer and end call to work not voice dial or MSVC ,so probably the 200v is the same. I have been told today that the Shure MPA-3C adapter will work with Microsoft Voice Control but he did not have the stock rom on his HD(post 15). I may order one and hope for the best. I have also gone for the Shure SE210.

chrissi323
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjt57 View Post
I tried the Ultimate Ears Metro Fi 150v, although they have a mike I could only get answer and end call to work not voice dial or MSVC ,so probably the 200v is the same.
I had the same problem with the stock HTC headset. Try this:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=256742 post #3.

For me the path key didn't exist, so I created it. After the registryhack a long press on the button activates MSVC. Maybe this works for your Metro Fi 150v. If it does it would be nice to know .

For the record, I use Duttys excellent 1.7 GER ROM.

Cheers

Chrissi

onesolo
Old
Thanks Meter 81
What are you guys talking?!?!?
I've already said, but I say it again... the best wired earphones with built-in microphone are the SENNHEISER MM50 for iphone, they actually work fine on the HD and are fully compatible with the HD. Voice dialling is also supported
If any doubts, what the original earphones from HTC that come with HD does, this one also does.
Main phones:
Motorola CD930 -> Nokia 8210 -> Nokia 3310 -> Nokia 6310 -> Nokia 6310i -> Nokia 7650 -> Nokia 3650 -> SonyEricsson P800 ->
Qtek S200 -> HTC Touch Pro -> (SonyEricsson k800i) -> HTC Touch HD ->HTC Desire HD -> Samsung Galaxy SIII -> Google Nexus 5 (current)

chrissi323
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hi onesolo,

calm down

Quote:
Originally Posted by onesolo View Post
Sennheiser MM50 for iphone, right now for only +-32 on amazon.co.uk... killer price...
I can't see where you said that they work with MSVD and regarding the hassle I had to make MSVD work at all I feel better much better to know for sure that the headphones I'm going to buy will really work, 'cause I will shell some more EUR for decent inears.

I think I will buy the Shure MPA-3C and maybe go for the higher ranged Shures like the 410. Might be overkill for the Blackstone but I have some other devices with a 3,5mm jack . Still have to find a local dealer where I can compare Shure, UE and maybe some others.

I agree with you that Sennheiser makes some of the finest headphones, but I never liked there inears.

Thanks for your input mate.

chrissi

root
Old
(Last edited by root; 6th February 2009 at 02:38 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
I was doing some search and i can only agree with onesolo... a tiny test:

http://www.headphoneinfo.com/content...erformance.htm

Surely sennheiser can be beat down by some other headset but not for its price. Just found one for £25. Btw, there are other reviews there (www.headphoneinfo.com) and well check them out...

I started with Shure but well... MM50 is at this moment way to go.

Quote:
Sennheiser MM 50 iP - This match-up is not in the Shure SE420s favor. The MM 50 iP headphones have better audio quality and are a much better deal than the SE420s. The entire case for the SE420s hinges on isolation and leakage. As you're probably aware if you read this review so far, the SE420s have remarkable isolation and leakage control. If those factors are important to you, the SE420s win hands-down. In all other cases, however, we'd default to the MM 50 iPs

rhymeon
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by try3 View Post
Which are the best earphones with built-in microphone for the blackstone?? Those who come with the Blackstone aren't that good...
I swear on the Sennheiser MM50 (as someone below mentioned too), try them and see they're awesome and cheaper than the Vmoda ones wich are very good too. If money 'aint a thing' then go vmoda but if you still want class and affordable quality GO Sennheiser MM50.. simple.

kjt57
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Tried the Shure MPA-3C today, will not work with the stock Orange rom.

chrissi323
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hey kjt57,

have you checked if the original HTC-Headset works? Try the registry tweak that I linked in my other post.

Cheers

Chrissi

Step666
Old
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 1061
I don't know if this is any use to anyone but I just found this on eXpansys:
HTC Touch HD Audio Adaptor for 3.5mm to 3.5mm HS U350
It actually seems to be an official accessory, so hopefully that would mean that there's few-to-none in the way of compatibility issues.

onesolo
Old
Thanks Meter 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissi323 View Post
Hi onesolo,

calm down

I can't see where you said that they work with MSVD and regarding the hassle I had to make MSVD work at all I feel better much better to know for sure that the headphones I'm going to buy will really work, 'cause I will shell some more EUR for decent inears.
Why you have to use MSVD? the voice speed dial that come with HD doesn't work for you??
Main phones:
Motorola CD930 -> Nokia 8210 -> Nokia 3310 -> Nokia 6310 -> Nokia 6310i -> Nokia 7650 -> Nokia 3650 -> SonyEricsson P800 ->
Qtek S200 -> HTC Touch Pro -> (SonyEricsson k800i) -> HTC Touch HD ->HTC Desire HD -> Samsung Galaxy SIII -> Google Nexus 5 (current)