[ROM][JB][CM10] Android 4.1.1 - CyanogenMod 10 Preview

Search This thread

pershoot

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 1, 2008
Seem to be loosing wifi here & there though.

wifi is rock solid for me. same as it was in ICS. same for many people helping me test.

try updating your router's/AP firmware.

this is OEM wifi from samsung. JB wifi 'may' have taken a bit of a dive though.

not going to look at anything wifi related at this current time which may only impact a very small group of users (which has always been the case for the past year or so).

Last edited:
Reactions: Beezer80

coldconfession13

Oct 10, 2010
Thanks pershoot can't wait for the next update. I swear its stable enough for me the accidental leak. I just noticed the touchscreen lag but As you stated is fixed. I can't wait for official nightlies.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

pershoot

Dec 1, 2008
Wifi. Seems OK....now having problems with Bluetooth. Let me know if you need a logcat

please no logs. that build is not meant to be used by the public.

bluetooth works just fine. confirmed from my testers. however, bt audio (as well as hdmi audio) is not working in that test build. will be rectified...

Last edited:
Reactions: Beezer80

damngood98

Sep 7, 2009
Detroit

bluetooth works just fine. confirmed from my testers. however, bt audio (as well as hdmi audio) is not working in that test build. will be rectified...

I should've been more specific. Yes, it connected fine, just no audio. Good to hear things are coming along. Thank you

aelsharawi

Oct 22, 2006
its a wonder that live walls actually run on this tab (in JB). they will slow it down. the hardware/chipset is ancient. there probably is nothing anyone can do for it 100%.

if you want to try and rectify it, go for it. you can send patches to me via github pull requests.

thx alot,but what about the gfx overclock,some kernel do that to 400 !!!

Actually I'm not a developer ,so I cant help much in that issue

pershoot

Dec 1, 2008
thx alot,but what about the gfx overclock,some kernel do that to 400 !!!

Actually I'm not a developer ,so I cant help much in that issue

there will be no GPU OC at this current time.

here is why:

1. It causes contention/stuttering|jitter in some scenarios during my extended testing. This may be able to be smoothened out (the rest of the sub components may need to be oc'd which can help). Haven't worked on it in detail.
2. It's not userspace adjustable (unless someone has figured out how to do it) as the GPU clocks need to init to that value.
3. That + OC to 1.4GHZ (with the current method) causes an exponential heat up in that corner from just a few minutes stress use, from my own testing on my tab.
4. FPS increase is about ~4. Not worth it for such minimal gains, in my opinion.

Last edited:

spitzaf

Nov 11, 2011
Longmont, CO

So it sounds like BT audio is the only major issue at this point, which is great. Glad the mic/video now work simultaneously.

What issues are you working on before you'll call it a public release candidate?

pershoot

Dec 1, 2008
So it sounds like BT audio is the only major issue at this point, which is great. Glad the mic/video now work simultaneously.

What issues are you working on before you'll call it a public release candidate?

there will be no public RC from me, per se. CM10 is not even at RC stage (to my knowledge; but not aware of all devices under the umbrella). when ive squashed the majority of the stuff, ill put builds out for public use (on DB) for playing with (probably this week). Then upload source changes in to CM and get nightlies going for this tab for all variants (probably after the android bbq).

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DOWNLOADS

I'm not going to build CM10 anymore, pershoot already published his experimental builds, you can find them (for all Galaxy Tab 10.1 models) here: Droid Basement

Google Apps

gapps-jb-20120729.zip

Mirror 01: gapps-jb-20120729.zip
    Mirror 02: gapps-jb-20120729.zip (thanks to kingofcomedy)
    Mirror 03: gapps-jb-20120729.zip

gapps-jb-20120717-signed.zip

gapps-jb-20120716-signed.zip

FLASH SUPPORT

Check this guide: [GUIDE] [HOW-TO] Install Adobe Flash Player on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean

Be aware, it may cause troubles with web surfing, consider this before reporting problems.

VIDEOS

CM10 Preview JB 4.1.1 Galaxy Tab 10.1 (thanks to illmatic24)

PC CONNECTION

wlaidi.jpg
    I have made a camera patch for this rom. It will only get the rear camera working. This is the first android zip I've made, but it works for me. You can get it here:

http://ganiman.com/gtab_jb_camera_update.zip

Flash with CWM or TWRP. If you try to switch to the front camera, it will cause gallery to crash and the camera app will not open anymore. Clearing data on the gallery app fixes this.
    NEW BUILDS

Wi-Fi Only (GT-P7510) -> cm-10-20120726-UNOFFICIAL-p4wifi-sig.zip

md5: 09fcdc58c83c30e8ff00e756010c0ca1
    sha1: 576e14db1493118776dbdcf1ab839f916ce042f2

Wi-Fi+3G (GT-P7500) -> cm-10-20120726-UNOFFICIAL-p4-sig.zip

md5: 32fff488ffb32126bc5255e2e866da5b
    sha1: fe42a4b7cdb43536268fe06009b1add083ebcc42

Google Apps: gapps-jb-20120726-signed.zip [source]

This are the last builds of CM10 from me. pershoot is (very soon) going to upload testing builds, and this builds are virtually the same thing, I think there's no need for redundancy. Besides, for several reasons, is better to get them from the source (in this case, pershoot).
    i know its off topic but any chance u have started working on 4.2 already? :) saw tat 4.2 is being pushed to AOSP. in ur opinion does our tab support 4.2?

this tab will support 4.2.

when it is integrated within CM, then it will be in all builds from that point.

there will be no public RC from me, per se. CM10 is not even at RC stage (to my knowledge; but not aware of all devices under the umbrella). when ive squashed the majority of the stuff, ill put builds out for public use (on DB) for playing with (probably this week). Then upload source changes in to CM and get nightlies going for this tab for all variants (probably after the android bbq).