FORUMS

Android M Preview Images – XDA TV

Android M preview images are available. That and much more news is covered by Jordan when he … more

I/O Summary: How Android M Handles Power And Charging

In the spirit of improving the core Android experience, Google is changing Android … more

I/O Summary: Google Photos App

At I/O 2015, Google tackled the information problem in mobile once more, this time through … more

I/O Summary: Development, Play Store, The Next Billion

VP of Engineering Jen Fitzpatrick began talking about what Google is doing to … more

Verizon about Jelly Bean

Thanks Meter: 3
 
By mosfet356, Member on 15th October 2012, 02:38 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
15th October 2012, 06:02 PM |#11  
xjman's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 54
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fr8cture

As far as im concerned its Verizon's fault.

Yeah, it is VZW's fault. So, why is it this is a historic problem with Samsung on all carriers? Don't worry, you'll get the update. Long after the phone isn't relevant.
The Following User Says Thank You to xjman For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
15th October 2012, 06:08 PM |#12  
fix-this!'s Avatar
Senior Member
Flag midwest
Thanks Meter: 466
 
More
at this point it will probably be well into 2013 before we get the ota.
15th October 2012, 06:22 PM |#13  
droidstyle's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Fort Wayne
Thanks Meter: 3,477
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eman3316@optonline.net

Wish it was that simple but Every JB rom right now has some sort of issue no matter how well people say they run.

What we really need is a leak. Who cares about official. Pretty sad we still don't have one.

AOSP no longer has enough issues to keep me away at this point...Im currently on eclipse and its solid! Once in awhile I get a data drop, but nothing major. I agree we should have a leak by now, but samsung and verizon dont play nice...this is nothing new. It really does not bother me because there is enough development going on with this device to keep me content. people just like to bitch about stuff and to top it off, we already have a thread on this topic ...which was my main point in regards to my previous post.

---------- Post added at 01:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by fix-this!

it's not the point, the gs3 should get jb before the razr line does. another crap move by verizon and samsung.

You dont think it has something to do with the insecure bootloader being leaked do ya? Motorola wont ever unlock thier bootloaders, so Verizon shows them more love? Just speculating here...
15th October 2012, 06:27 PM |#14  
fix-this!'s Avatar
Senior Member
Flag midwest
Thanks Meter: 466
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by droidstyle

AOSP no longer has enough issues to keep me away at this point...Im currently on eclipse and its solid! Once in awhile I get a data drop, but nothing major. I agree we should have a leak by now, but samsung and verizon dont play nice...this is nothing new. It really does not bother me because there is enough development going on with this device to keep me content. people just like to bitch about stuff and to top it off, we already have a thread on this topic ...which was my main point in regards to my previous post.

---------- Post added at 01:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 PM ----------



You dont think it has something to do with the insecure bootloader being leaked do ya? Motorola wont ever unlock thier bootloaders, so Verizon shows them more love? Just speculating here...

as far as aosp goes for me there is a serious wifi connection bug with every rom i try. the ota will at least give us stable drivers to improve aosp performance.

locked bootloader or not we still should of had the jb ota before the razr m. then again i should of known buying a samsung i would get slow updates. im sure with the jb ota they will try to lock our bootloaders again and prevent root, that's what verizon is know for doing.
15th October 2012, 06:31 PM |#15  
droidstyle's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Fort Wayne
Thanks Meter: 3,477
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fix-this!

as far as aosp goes for me there is a serious wifi connection bug with every rom i try. the ota will at least give us stable drivers to improve aosp performance.

locked bootloader or not we still should of had the jb ota before the razr m. then again i should of known buying a samsung i would get slow updates. im sure with the jb ota they will try to lock our bootloaders again and prevent root, that's what verizon is know for doing.

If, and, but's, were candy and nuts, we wouldnt need christmas...point is, nothing works they way it "should" these days. Its all politics...just sayin!
15th October 2012, 06:53 PM |#16  
Brian Gove's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Land of Oz
Thanks Meter: 331
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fix-this!

as far as aosp goes for me there is a serious wifi connection bug with every rom i try. the ota will at least give us stable drivers to improve aosp performance.

locked bootloader or not we still should of had the jb ota before the razr m. then again i should of known buying a samsung i would get slow updates. im sure with the jb ota they will try to lock our bootloaders again and prevent root, that's what verizon is know for doing.

here's a quote of a comment off of one of the articles on droid life regarding the new update:

Quote:

I hope it fixes the wifi issue the wife has on her phone. It always drops the wifi connection then won't connect till after a reboot. Not sure if it is just her phone or a hardware or software issue.

Seems like it's not an AOSP problem for the WiFi.
15th October 2012, 07:07 PM |#17  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 281
 
More
International version and all the other carriers will get JB (and KLP etc) long before Verizon. Count on it.

We just want a leak from internal testing so we have a proper JB base and kernel on which to build custom roms. VZW usually takes months delaying (i.e. what they call testing) before they decide to release, doesn't mean its not ready way before that.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ECrispy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th October 2012, 07:28 PM |#18  
abalsor's Avatar
Member
Flag Geneva,NY
Thanks Meter: 14
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECrispy


We just want a leak from internal testing so we have a proper JB base and kernel on which to build custom roms.

Seeing they run twi different sets of hardware the International version won't help us much..

And as far as the razr m getting jb first shouldn't be shocking as Google now ownz Motorola and will push updates to them first

Sent from my SGS3
15th October 2012, 07:31 PM |#19  
fix-this!'s Avatar
Senior Member
Flag midwest
Thanks Meter: 466
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Gove

here's a quote of a comment off of one of the articles on droid life regarding the new update:



Seems like it's not an AOSP problem for the WiFi.

for me it is and several others. never as any issues on any ics rom.
15th October 2012, 09:15 PM |#20  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,319
 
More
Anyone know how Sprint's S3 AOSP roms are running since they got a JB leak? Wonder if they have the same issues still like we have or if they are ahead of us because of the leak.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes