Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,675 Members 46,665 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Verizon about Jelly Bean

Tip us?

xjman
Old
Thanks Meter 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by fr8cture View Post
As far as im concerned its Verizon's fault.
Yeah, it is VZW's fault. So, why is it this is a historic problem with Samsung on all carriers? Don't worry, you'll get the update. Long after the phone isn't relevant.
Rumor has it I developed something once
The Following User Says Thank You to xjman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

fix-this!
Old
Thanks Meter 283
at this point it will probably be well into 2013 before we get the ota.

droidstyle
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3320

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by eman3316@optonline.net View Post
Wish it was that simple but Every JB rom right now has some sort of issue no matter how well people say they run.

What we really need is a leak. Who cares about official. Pretty sad we still don't have one.
AOSP no longer has enough issues to keep me away at this point...Im currently on eclipse and its solid! Once in awhile I get a data drop, but nothing major. I agree we should have a leak by now, but samsung and verizon dont play nice...this is nothing new. It really does not bother me because there is enough development going on with this device to keep me content. people just like to bitch about stuff and to top it off, we already have a thread on this topic ...which was my main point in regards to my previous post.

---------- Post added at 01:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by fix-this! View Post
it's not the point, the gs3 should get jb before the razr line does. another crap move by verizon and samsung.
You dont think it has something to do with the insecure bootloader being leaked do ya? Motorola wont ever unlock thier bootloaders, so Verizon shows them more love? Just speculating here...
Devices:
VZW Galaxy Note III Dev. Edition
VZW Galaxy S III
Asus T. Prime
---------
VZW Galaxy S Fascinate GUIDE
VZW Galaxy S III GUIDE
VZW Galaxy Note II GUIDE
VZW Galaxy Note III GUIDE

fix-this!
Old
Thanks Meter 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by droidstyle View Post
AOSP no longer has enough issues to keep me away at this point...Im currently on eclipse and its solid! Once in awhile I get a data drop, but nothing major. I agree we should have a leak by now, but samsung and verizon dont play nice...this is nothing new. It really does not bother me because there is enough development going on with this device to keep me content. people just like to bitch about stuff and to top it off, we already have a thread on this topic ...which was my main point in regards to my previous post.

---------- Post added at 01:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 PM ----------

You dont think it has something to do with the insecure bootloader being leaked do ya? Motorola wont ever unlock thier bootloaders, so Verizon shows them more love? Just speculating here...
as far as aosp goes for me there is a serious wifi connection bug with every rom i try. the ota will at least give us stable drivers to improve aosp performance.

locked bootloader or not we still should of had the jb ota before the razr m. then again i should of known buying a samsung i would get slow updates. im sure with the jb ota they will try to lock our bootloaders again and prevent root, that's what verizon is know for doing.

droidstyle
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3320

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
as far as aosp goes for me there is a serious wifi connection bug with every rom i try. the ota will at least give us stable drivers to improve aosp performance.

locked bootloader or not we still should of had the jb ota before the razr m. then again i should of known buying a samsung i would get slow updates. im sure with the jb ota they will try to lock our bootloaders again and prevent root, that's what verizon is know for doing.
If, and, but's, were candy and nuts, we wouldnt need christmas...point is, nothing works they way it "should" these days. Its all politics...just sayin!
Devices:
VZW Galaxy Note III Dev. Edition
VZW Galaxy S III
Asus T. Prime
---------
VZW Galaxy S Fascinate GUIDE
VZW Galaxy S III GUIDE
VZW Galaxy Note II GUIDE
VZW Galaxy Note III GUIDE

Brian Gove
Old
Thanks Meter 328
Quote:

here's a quote of a comment off of one of the articles on droid life regarding the new update:

Quote:
I hope it fixes the wifi issue the wife has on her phone. It always drops the wifi connection then won't connect till after a reboot. Not sure if it is just her phone or a hardware or software issue.
Seems like it's not an AOSP problem for the WiFi.
-PLEASE check out this Guide before asking how to do something(Your answer could be there already)

Devices:
  • Thumb and Pinky
  • Tin Can and String
  • Nokia Dumbphone
  • Motorola Droid X

Current:
  • Samsung Galaxy SIII
  • Google Nexus 7
  • Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014

ECrispy
Old
Thanks Meter 202
International version and all the other carriers will get JB (and KLP etc) long before Verizon. Count on it.

We just want a leak from internal testing so we have a proper JB base and kernel on which to build custom roms. VZW usually takes months delaying (i.e. what they call testing) before they decide to release, doesn't mean its not ready way before that.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ECrispy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

abalsor
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECrispy View Post

We just want a leak from internal testing so we have a proper JB base and kernel on which to build custom roms.
Seeing they run twi different sets of hardware the International version won't help us much..

And as far as the razr m getting jb first shouldn't be shocking as Google now ownz Motorola and will push updates to them first

Sent from my SGS3

fix-this!
Old
Thanks Meter 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Gove View Post
here's a quote of a comment off of one of the articles on droid life regarding the new update:

Seems like it's not an AOSP problem for the WiFi.
for me it is and several others. never as any issues on any ics rom.

eman3316@optonline.net
Old
Thanks Meter 1317
Anyone know how Sprint's S3 AOSP roms are running since they got a JB leak? Wonder if they have the same issues still like we have or if they are ahead of us because of the leak.