Email account keeps disappearing

1st May 2012, 07:14 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

100 posts
Hi

From time to time my exchange email account keeps disappearing and the email widget on my home screen invites me to set up a new account as though for the first time.

Has anyone else had this problem and if so is there a known fix?

I am currently running stock android 3.2 and using the stock touch wiz launcher.

Cheers
David
2nd May 2012, 05:20 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1

32 posts
I have had this happen twice, but I have no idea what caused it. I just re-added the account. It hasn't happened for a few weeks now.
2nd May 2012, 07:53 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 53

105 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by golden422

I have had this happen twice, but I have no idea what caused it. I just re-added the account. It hasn't happened for a few weeks now.

The last two times that happened to me I noticed that I;ve set my "Period to sync Email" to "All" (under Settings>Accounts and sync>[exchange account]>settings...). Since then, I left it at "1 month" and the problem did not recur.
17th October 2012, 06:35 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
same problem here
I have the same problem. My email accounts keep disappearing from the Samsung stock email. Do you guys happen to have Swiftkey or ClockworkMod installed?
22nd October 2012, 04:58 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 106

787 posts
More
Had the same thing happen to me like 7-8 times on HC. On Ics now and haven't had it happen since. I know my data partition was a bit screwed up I believe from glassing recoveries and wiping in recovery. But no other symptoms. Think its just a HC glitch in the matrix. If notice the data hadn't been removed cause when you add it again it uses the next color for the account. It just stops displaying it. I believe it could have been related to the settings mentioned up thread.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread