Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,106 Members 40,424 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Email account keeps disappearing

Tip us?

dcoales
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Email account keeps disappearing

Hi

From time to time my exchange email account keeps disappearing and the email widget on my home screen invites me to set up a new account as though for the first time.

Has anyone else had this problem and if so is there a known fix?

I am currently running stock android 3.2 and using the stock touch wiz launcher.

Cheers
David

golden422
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I have had this happen twice, but I have no idea what caused it. I just re-added the account. It hasn't happened for a few weeks now.

Theory
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by golden422 View Post
I have had this happen twice, but I have no idea what caused it. I just re-added the account. It hasn't happened for a few weeks now.
The last two times that happened to me I noticed that I;ve set my "Period to sync Email" to "All" (under Settings>Accounts and sync>[exchange account]>settings...). Since then, I left it at "1 month" and the problem did not recur.
Previously: Samsung Omnia (July-Dec 08) | HTC Touch HD (Dec 08-Dec 09) | HTC HD2, (Dec 09-Mar 12) | Samsung Galaxy Tab GT-P1000 (Mar 11-Jul 13) | Galaxy Nexus (Mar 12-Dec 13)
Currently: Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 GT-P6800 (Jan 12-) | Nexus 10 (Sep 13-) | Nexus 5 (Nov 13-)

konstantin.schubert
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default same problem here

I have the same problem. My email accounts keep disappearing from the Samsung stock email. Do you guys happen to have Swiftkey or ClockworkMod installed?

rayjr13
Old
Thanks Meter 106
Had the same thing happen to me like 7-8 times on HC. On Ics now and haven't had it happen since. I know my data partition was a bit screwed up I believe from glassing recoveries and wiping in recovery. But no other symptoms. Think its just a HC glitch in the matrix. If notice the data hadn't been removed cause when you add it again it uses the next color for the account. It just stops displaying it. I believe it could have been related to the settings mentioned up thread.