Huawei U8860 Honor / Honour / Glory - Index

Search This thread

obeguin

May 25, 2012
Hong kong
Are u sure ? B930 camera version can downgrade to B923 using B932 patch guy??Wow,thank u for your test .Can tell me how it is,? free ram?,smooth?. etc.... sorry for my English

Ok, thanks to Greenandy, I was able to install the B929 russian downgrade patch View attachment 1413852 on top on the B930 Singapore Rom... It works, no installation problem.

Now, I'm downloading an older rom and will try to see if I can install it over the B930 singapore rom.

I let you know about it as soon as I tried.. I keep my fingers crossed... And I hope it will work because the singapore Rom is such a mess... So slow, some display glitches. Not a good rom to use.

Reactions: tuanshungf

paul89rulez

Apr 13, 2010
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
shenduos is awesome guys!i like it much! and we have zram! but, we can integrate in kernel smartass v2 governor? any generic?

-i suggest to all shenduos users to install pimpmyrom and select all multitasking mod :)

Last edited:

obeguin

May 25, 2012
Hong kong
Downgrade from B927 possible

Good news everyone ;)

A while back, I isntalled the french B927 rom... Then, I decided to try the B930 rom (singapore ).. But it was still using the 61 kernel. Very slow and not nice to use.. I wanted to to downgrade it but it was imposible.

Then, thanks to a member called Greenandy, I managed to download that patch : View attachment 1414104 that allow the Downgrade...

And just now, I installed another rom version.. So, even with the B927 rom, it is still possible to downgrade. If not straight fromt hat rom, just install the B930 from singapore, patch it with the attached file, and install any rom you want..

hope it helps you.

desalesouche

Feb 6, 2012
shenduos is awesome guys!i like it much! and we have zram! but, we can integrate in kernel smartass v2 governor? any generic?

-i suggest to all shenduos users to install pimpmyrom and select all multitasking mod :)
true that pimp my rom is working good on many device...i tried it on samsung galaxy y and also on huawei U8230...will try it on U8660 as soon as i get it...will you try last cm9 by cryptophon?can you make a back up of it please?

tuanshungf

Mar 18, 2008
Hồ Chí Minh
I've tried Pimp my rom on my Hornor running Shendu 4.0.4, it's ok.And now after flashing PmR,I have Sony Walkman player ,Album and very Awesome Beats Audio that replaces the original Dsp manager.that's so great !!!! I like the Walkman Player and album.hahaha

Sent from my U8860 using xda premium

paul89rulez

Apr 13, 2010
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
ok after some use of shendu os, here a small temporany review:
Pros:
Ics 4.0.4 + cm9 and other tweaks
Zram
Dalvik Jit
Overall speed compared to officyal Ics
Interface: Fast, simple and nice (De gustibus non disputandum est lol)
Audio! Really awesome!
con:
battery life
Cam (only photos, videos are good)
Slower compared to gb (i have supercharged it too, and i ve tryed first flash only with pimp my rom)
Bad memory managment
Not 100% cm9 with linaro optimizations code

But its still good and usable.. i really dont want go back to gb, with doc3000 gb kernel i have same problems (if he dint change it).

- after many uses, i decided to format phone, shendu os is good, but its too laggy for my use. So i ve tryed the russian rom FlyRazer 2.01. Its very good, smooth and with good multitasking!

Last edited:
Reactions: JokerAce

desalesouche

Feb 6, 2012
ok after some use of shendu os, here a small temporany review:
Pros:
Ics 4.0.4 + cm9 and other tweaks
Zram
Dalvik Jit
Overall speed compared to officyal Ics
Interface: Fast, simple and nice (De gustibus non disputandum est lol)
Audio! Really awesome!
con:
battery life
Cam (only photos, videos are good)
Slower compared to gb (i have supercharged it too, and i ve tryed first flash only with pimp my rom)
Bad memory managment
Not 100% cm9 with linaro optimizations code

But its still good and usable.. i really dont want go back to gb, with doc3000 gb kernel i have same problems (if he dint change it).

- after many uses, i decided to format phone, shendu os is good, but its too laggy for my use. So i ve tryed the russian rom FlyRazer 2.01. Its very good, smooth and with good multitasking!
hi paul.from which base do you install flyrazer?

---------- Post added at 01:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 PM ----------

here fly razer 2.02 :http://narod.ru/disk/62654042001.f57887bd0f9a011347f976a62925321e/FlyRazer_v2.0.2.zip.html

FlyRazer v2.0.2
Ajout du son Beats_xLOUD_Dolby
système est maintenant installé dans ext4, et vous ne pouvez plus faire un wipe pain de Doc Ajouté paris sur V870-yu (Allemagne) Firmware Télécharger: - Ce message a été édité pirrat - 19.10.2012, 00:29

paul89rulez

Apr 13, 2010
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
this flyrazer is good, but i dont understand if is an AOSP, or a stock rom with gb baseband e old kernel :| I dont think is stock, because have some menu like oc and init.d scrip managment. Anyway is fast, have some glitches, but is like stock rom have to be. Really w8 for cm9 (and maybe cm10 if cryptoton want to port it). I suggest all to consider to donate some bucks to developer :)

desalesouche

Feb 6, 2012
this flyrazer is good, but i dont understand if is an AOSP, or a stock rom with gb baseband e old kernel :| I dont think is stock, because have some menu like oc and init.d scrip managment. Anyway is fast, have some glitches, but is like stock rom have to be. Really w8 for cm9 (and maybe cm10 if cryptoton want to port it). I suggest all to consider to donate some bucks to developer :)
i tried to communicate various time with cryptophon...but it seems communication is not easy with him...i think he prefers to work hard than to talk.:good:
by the way here's the last update of cm9 by cryptoptophon....proof that he is working hard...
http://www.android-hilfe.de/root-ha...275266-rom-cm9-development-8.html#post4304297
you will see that he improved it a lot...

Last edited:

paul89rulez

Apr 13, 2010
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
will try holo web, for music player, no, i dont use my phone like a mp3 reader sorry :|
I suggest you tu try flyrazer rom, its good :)

- i dont like the browser, its slow compared to firefox and opera mini\mobile :|

Last edited:
Reactions: desalesouche

desalesouche

Feb 6, 2012
will try holo web, for music player, no, i dont use my phone like a mp3 reader sorry :|
I suggest you tu try flyrazer rom, its good :)

- i dont like the browser, its slow compared to firefox and opera mini\mobile :|
i tried flyrazer long time ago but not 2.02...are you on 2.01 or 2.02? i still don't have my phone...

paul89rulez

Apr 13, 2010
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
oh ok sorry i forgot.. i have 2.02, i like it, but cm9 have camera fixed, so i will try it as i have time.But i dont understand what method of installation i have to follow, and what baserom i have to use, b866, b870 or cambodian demo :| can you help me desa?

desalesouche

Feb 6, 2012
oh ok sorry i forgot.. i have 2.02, i like it, but cm9 have camera fixed, so i will try it as i have time.But i dont understand what method of installation i have to follow, and what baserom i have to use, b866, b870 or cambodian demo :| can you help me desa?
i just ask on the forum...waiting for the answer.apparently not from cambodgian ICS...wiil tell you as soon as i know...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome to the Huawei U8860 Honor / Honour / Glory - Index!
    (please treat this thread as dev-thread, it is part of a dev-forum, not Q&A)

Please don't PM me for support, I will ignore those requests - they are just too many and I'm not getting paid for that, I'm not huawei support. Just ask your questions somewhere in the forum, but in my opinion this thread is really not the place for it, since this is a developer forum and not the Q&A section. That's why xda-developers adds restrictions to post here for new users - to prevent this to be a Q&A-Forum. Please Try to ask your questions in the appropriate Q&A-Section of the xda-developer Forum.

Different versions of the Huawei Honor
    There are two feature differences that I am aware of:
    1. Number of Touch-Points: 2 or 5; I have 2 touch-points and with B977 my ProjectMenu just printed "synaptic" as touchscreen version, with B919 it states "synaptics-TPK.6"
    2. Position of Huawei Logo on the back: in the top-left corner (china / russia?) or in the middle like this: http://kaefert.is-a-geek.org/huawei_honor/IMG_7491_small.JPG
    3. It seem's there are versions without a camera? at least user limzm states in his signature his U8860 doesn't have one.

Backup & Recovery

In my opinion the first and most important thing when playing around with different ROMs, is the ability to backup and restore the phones ROM & state.
    For this you need a custom recovery (which you will also need to flash custom ROMs, so you might only skip this if you want to only flash stock ROMs)
    1. If you're on an 2.3.6 ROM, then possibly for this to work, you first need to flash a different stock ROM. There have been reports that with 2.3.6 the method below may not work. Also some newer ROMs like B923 and above have locked boot loaders, the latest ICS ROM that you can use for this is B919
    2. NEW: CWM 6.0.1.0 with touch-support: MOD EDIT: Link removed.
    3. OLD: download recovery-u8860-en.img from here MOD EDIT: Link removed.
    4. make sure there is no directory named "dload" on your micro-sd-card - if there is, rename or remove it.
    5. Turn off Fast-Boot, and shutdown your phone. If you don't know how to turn off Fast-Boot, pull the battery (it can be found in different places in different ROMs)
    6. Press and hold volume-up, volume-down and power-button at the same time.
    7. You should now see your phones screen pink (="pink screen mode")
    8. Now connect your phone with an USB cable to a computer
    9. A few disks should be mounted, search for the one that has an "image" folder with an recovery.img and a boot.img inside it. rename the recovery.img to recovery-bak.img (or simular) and copy recovery-u8860-en.img there and rename it to recovery.img
    WARNING: Don't use the file recovery_v8.img which is referenced in a few other guides. It crashes and leaves you with non bootable phone-states and/or with unfished backups which cannot be restored.

ROMs

Stock ROMs (& leaked stock ROMs)

Stock ROMs (or leaked stock ROMs) can be flashed like this:
    1. Download and unpack onto your micro-SD Card like that: /mnt/sdcard/dload/UPDATE.APP (some ROMs also have UPDATE_CUST.APP, copy it to the same place. If you're update has a second dload_cust (or the like) folder, you need to flash it in a second round just as the first one, by renaming it to "dload")
    2. Turn off Fast-Boot, and shutdown your phone. If you don't know how to turn off Fast-Boot, pull the battery (it can be found in different places in different ROMs)
    3. Press and hold volume-up, volume-down and power-button at the same time.
    4. If everything above was done correctly, you should be able to watch your phone upgrading now.
    Alternative: Some ROMs have an option in the settings that lets you start the upgrade-procedure without step 2.) and 3.) from above. If you can find it, you can use that one.

You can find stock ROMs here:

a comprehensive german list of stock ROMs can be found here:
    MOD EDIT: Link removed.
    (thanks to user det-happy for pointing it out to me)

The most important Stock-ROM in my eyes (as base for most custom ROMs there are) is B919, find it here:
    http://www.huaweidevice.com/cn/downloadCenter.do?method=toDownloadFile&flay=software&softid=NDE2OTU=
    or here: http://kaefert.is-a-geek.org/huawei_honor/B919_official.7z

Root and Google-Apps for Stock ROMs
    NEW: Rooting method for stock ICS B919/B923/B924 (and perhaps others older ICS)
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=28403132&postcount=799
    For people running linux on their computers, I've created an adapted version of this root tool:
    kaefert.is-a-geek.org/huawei_honor/HuaweiHonorRootTool_LinuxVersion.7z

OLD: Theres a nice guide explaining how to root and flash+enable google-apps here: (but don't take the recovery from there but from above. explanation also above) - only use this if the new method above doesn't work for you.
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=22688341&postcount=53

Custom ROMs

To flash custom ROMs:
    1. download their .zip file and put it somewhere on your sd-card
    2. boot into your custom recovery: turn off phone completly, then Long press volume up + power button (for installation of custom recovery see top of this post)
    3. factory reset / wipe everything (not always necessary, but to be on the save side. Some ROMs will not work in some cases if you don't wipe first, however the other way round is also possible, there are custom ROMs that will NOT work if you wipe, best look at the instructions from where you downloaded the custom ROM..)
    4. flash update zip -> choose zip from sd card.

Cyanogenmod
    dolmatov94 CM 10 Version 0.9.5 (2013-01-13)
    newer versions, look at: http://dolmatov94.ru/

Da_Nya v2.4 [with sound mod] (2012-12-30)

Da_Nya v2.4.1 (2013-01-09)

CM 10.1 (Android 4.2) from 4PDA (posted here by user tuanshungf 8th February 2013)

Another list of Cyanogenmod ROMs can be found here (German):

ShenduOS
    This ROM seems to be quite popular, but before deciding to use this, think about if you really wan't to support guys that treat the open-source community like **** by violating the GPL (by not publishing their kernel sources)
    Stable Versions: MOD EDIT: Link removed.
    Dev Versions: MOD EDIT: Link removed.

Mixture of ShenduOS and CM, with Android 4.2

FrozenPika (CM10.1, Android 4.2.2, based on ShenDu) GAPPS Integrated
    Posted here by user "vTIMv" on 5th March 2013, 08:58 AM - found it on 4PDA.ru, uploaded 3rd March 2013

Android 4.x MIUI ROMs
    WARNING: most MIUI-ROMs have SMS-confirmations turned on by default, which costs extra with many providers (like mine..) so check it before sending your first SMS and turn it off
    Sadly, these ROMs have serious RAM-problems, multi-tasking was quite impossible the last time I tried one of those (any app I tried to put into background was imediatly terminated)

Android 2.3 MIUI ROM
    Creator doc3000 posted it here, have not tried it out
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1596442
    WARNING: user paul89rulez informed me that you can loose your IMEI by flashing this ROM, you can find a IMEI backup app here: MOD EDIT: Link removed.

Lists of other Custom ROMs
    • MOD EDIT: Link removed. --> chinese u8860 forum, contains ROMs, but also other stuff concerning the u8860
    • MOD EDIT: Link removed. --> chinese u8860 forum, contains ROMs, but also other stuff concerning the u8860
    • MOD EDIT: Link removed. --> an incomplete english index of the chinese list below
    • MOD EDIT: Link removed.
    • MOD EDIT: Link removed.

Custom Kernels

I found a custom kernel that adds the option to overclock up to 2GHz. I'm used it running at 1.8GHz and it didn't seem to be any more unstable than before ;) (I'm using the MIUI ROM which is a little bit instable all by itself already)
    MOD EDIT: Link removed since you need to register to download the kernel, I also attached it MOD EDIT: Link removed to make it easier for you.

I also managed to build (and deploy) the 3.0.8 kernel sources provided by huawei myself, see http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=23505650
    With the help of the writer of rvoix I managed to adept our kernel in a way that rvoix works, but for the moment only mono so both parties mixed together in one channel (but recorded from the line, not only from the mic like most apps do). I attach the kernel that works with rvoix: View attachment boot_voc2.img.

Or for people wanting to build their kernels themselfs, here's the patch: http://code.google.com/p/rvoix/sour...pdragon/kernel/huawei_honor_u8860_rvoix.patch

UPDATE: Since our kernel sources don't work with B919 and later (non functional camera and wifi) I decided to go the other way round and modify the rvoix app to work with our kernel instead of adapting the kernel to work with the app. Here are the results: http://code.google.com/p/rvoix/downloads/detail?name=rvoix_mod_kaefert_v2.apk --> call recording that should work with all huawei honor 4.0.3 ROMs!

Various pointers

Adapting Chinese ROMs

Reading chinese sites
    People who don't use google chrome or the chromium project (yet) probably don't know, that it has a really nice built-in translating feature, thats very useful for finding your way arround all these chinese (or russian) websites, and much better then using translate.google.com (or other such services) manually with other browsers.

Miscellaneous

Silent Huawei camera (ICS)
    I was annoyed one day by all the noises the huawei camera simulates. Therefore I investigated and found out how to make it silent.
    If you're interested, see http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=29079425&postcount=1028

Enabling logcat output on huawei phones
    If your on stock ROM its quite easy, just dial *#*#2846579#*#* and enable logging in the project menu
    For custom ROMs, I got a link from paul, but I didn't try it:
    another site about enabling logcat on huawei devices:
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/...device-dev-log-main-no-such-file-or-directory

UPDATE
    Sorry guys, but there won't be any updates by me anymore. I've moved on to Sony Xperia Z. The notoriosly low memory problem finally did it. (And Ingress)

There's a newer list of custom ROMs here:
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=45164331&postcount=3056
    Fresh roms for huawei honor u8860

####### LIST OF FRESH ROMS FOR HUAWEI HONOR U8860 #######

[4.2.2]CyanogenMod 10.1 by GUNDUL46 [10-10-13]
    Only JB ROM to have no known issues so far.
    Thread Download

CM 10.2 [herna ..dated 29-09-13 ]
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=45506041&postcount=3106
    Known issues :
    Teethering
    Bluetooth
    Video Recording

@ MOD ROM
    chk post

Slimbean 8.0 [4.2.2]
    Known issues :
    Dailer issue

Alin@ Mod V2 [clear edition] 4.2.2 .. also see patch
    Known issues :
    Bluetooth doesn't work
    Random Reboots sometimes

PAC-Man ROM Version 4.3 [Hera]
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/rmr6j4urfix4zh4/pac_u8860_4.3-build.1.RC_20130827-154114.zip

4.3 BEANSTALK [24-09-13]
    Thead .. Download

xMIUI [Based on CM9]
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=46282621

BaiduCloud v5 [4.0.4]
    Download & Disucssion
    Known Issue :
    nothing specific.
    Many users has complained about bad RAM management

### Some older versions ###
    Slimbean 7.8 [4.2.2]
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/wyks6qce0d0230q/slimhalo7.8_u8860-unofficial.zip

CM 10.1 [herna]
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/31cog27h02a4byb/cm-10.1-20130814-UNOFFICIAL-u8860.zip

beanstalk 4.2.2
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/l6k79h5ly2d4g82/BeanStalk4.3-cam.zip

AOKP for Honor [4.1.2]
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2255825

Official MIUI

############### Mods ##########

ClockworkMod Touch Recovery v6.0.3.6

Turbo Boost
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2145133

CrossBreeder
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2113150

PurePerformances
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2360985

Rooting
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=45058413&postcount=3032

Note : Incase if i had missed any ROM plz PM or quote me
    cm11 4.4.2 dev display fixed?

hi all.
    i might have found the fix for screen resolution....
    coming from shenduos github...
    i am building rom for the moment...will upload for test...

feed back would be appreciated on that point....

thanks! :highfive:
    cm11 4.2.2 honor/u8800pro no-dev front news

now we can take pics. front cam and other one.and they are saved on sd. no green glitch..:silly:
    but canno't for the moment record video .cam is fc when i try.
    i am right now finishing a build with some fix about that may be by herna...

edit cam doesn't fc any more now when i try to record video , but still record video don't work

TODO: fix record video and fix wifi
    more progress on beanstalk 4.4.2 (same for cm11) u8860/u8800pro

sd card is fully working..
    usb connection ok, sd card show on pc.
    gallery apk now, show pictures and videos etc...
    appollo apk also show musics and album....
    Torch apk fixed...
    sound is back...
    still missing ....wifi---ril---and camera...
    just for testing purpose....
    do a backup before to flash... you might loose imei...
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/a29f4p4ag2kc7ig/BeanStalk-4.4.200-20131217-u8860.zip