MPJ 3200MAH Slim as original

Search This thread

btemtd

Aug 8, 2012
i bought 2 for the price of one plus came with a battery dock charger all for $20 delivered i thought i might aswell give it a go as cheap ass.But a day before receiving it i realised we had NFC in our battery which i didnt know and the batteries that i bought dont have NFC.

Can someone explain what nfc if used for and what will happen if use a battery without nfc?

Reactions: lfbmike

ducksauce88

Jan 6, 2012
i bought 2 for the price of one plus came with a battery dock charger all for $20 delivered i thought i might aswell give it a go as cheap ass.But a day before receiving it i realised we had NFC in our battery which i didnt know and the batteries that i bought dont have NFC.

Can someone explain what nfc if used for and what will happen if use a battery without nfc?

How about you start by telling us where you go these batteries? As for NFC, it stands for Near Field Communications. It can be used in a way to pay for items, or bumping phones together to share information, such as pictures, contacts, etc. I am not a fan of it, I always have it turned off in my phone settings.

NFC:
http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=what+is+nfc?

Reactions: elesbb

elesbb

Jun 20, 2010
I dont know how these are i just received them but because of price i thought why not. so its up to you if you wish to buy them also here is the ebay link

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2x-3200m...AU_MobilePhoneAccessories&hash=item2a22debe70

I bought a 2400mAh battery for my S2 for 5 bucks, yes, FIVE bucks. I was like well hey its cheap enough i wont care if it sucks. Well i got it, and after about 2 full charging cycles, it latest 28 freaking hours with 5 hours screen on time. I was like well 5 bucks was worth it!

So i might just get these as well :)

Reactions: btemtd

pope_acute

Sep 18, 2007
Belfast
yeah i wish to know as well, seen these tonight on ebay and i will buy them but just wanted to see if anyone else has first. was gonna get the £6.99 single one first as a test. It does say on the sticker under the battery 2100mah so just wondering if running a 3200mah would be detrimental? or is it one of those things manufacturers do and have very large tolerances just to be on the safe side so as not have flaming s3 videos on youtube.

Last edited:

Jfree3000

Jul 20, 2010
Metro Atlanta
don't these cheap batteries pose a risk of leaking in the phone or something? Like what if the damage the phone!?

What, where did you hear that? The only thing I have seen people have to worry about with cheap batteries is how much of a charge they hold and how well they actually work. I have seen batteries malfunction due to ****ty car chargers before though but never just a battery fail while in a phone minus ghost stories from trolls on the internet.

Reactions: pope_acute

stoneyjonez

May 16, 2010
It does say on the sticker under the battery 2100mah so just wondering if running a 3200mah would be detrimental?

mAh has nothing to do with the amount of current or voltage so I don't know what you mean by manufacturers having large tolerances?? And it wouldn't be detrimental, it would add to your battery life. (as long as the mAh claims are accurate)

zaqq1

Oct 22, 2012
too good to be true

hey i just made some fast research on the seller of the item

i cant link the url apparently because i jus made the account but go ahead and check the ebay sellers' (utigertech) feedback. They are not good.

in short, this battery is fake and some user feedback states that it does not last even longer than the stock 2100mah samsung oem battery

so dont be fooled. If its too good to be true then its probably too good to be true

cheers boys

mickey2foot

Jun 18, 2009
Testing of MPJ 3200mah Battery for S3

I have purchased one of the MPJ 3200 mah batteries for the Galaxy S3. I have bench tested the battery over 7 days with multiple charges and discharges.

The results are that the battery is approximately 2000 mah it does not even come close to 3200 mah. The sellor is being misleading on the mah and you are better off buying a standard battery as it has 2100 mah and NFC.

I will try and test a few more batteries in the next couple of weeks..

MPJ 3200 Mah battery review test galaxy s3

Last edited:

knarfl1

Jul 1, 2010
I have purchased one of the MPJ 3200 mah batteries for the Galaxy S3. I have bench tested the battery over 7 days with multiple charges and discharges.

The results are that the battery is approximately 2000 mah it does not even come close to 3200 mah. The sellor is being misleading on the mah and you are better off buying a standard battery as it has 2100 mah and NFC.

Thanks for running the tests. Aftermarket battery sellers are notorious for jacking up the mAh rating.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

herbivoor

Nov 28, 2012
Superfake, unless they've developed some new kind of technology. Don't think so though lol

jmz768

Sep 17, 2008
I'm amazed that so many people get sucked in by these fake batteries. There is no battery technology out there that lets you increase the capacity without increasing the size.

Reactions: knarfl1

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Testing of MPJ 3200mah Battery for S3

too good to be true

hey i just made some fast research on the seller of the item

i cant link the url apparently because i jus made the account but go ahead and check the ebay sellers' (utigertech) feedback. They are not good.

in short, this battery is fake and some user feedback states that it does not last even longer than the stock 2100mah samsung oem battery

so dont be fooled. If its too good to be true then its probably too good to be true

cheers boys

How about you start by telling us where you go these batteries? As for NFC, it stands for Near Field Communications. It can be used in a way to pay for items, or bumping phones together to share information, such as pictures, contacts, etc. I am not a fan of it, I always have it turned off in my phone settings.

NFC:
    http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=what+is+nfc?
    I dont know how these are i just received them but because of price i thought why not. so its up to you if you wish to buy them also here is the ebay link

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2x-3200m...AU_MobilePhoneAccessories&hash=item2a22debe70