Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,879 Members 49,936 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[SDE] Help - [USB] Help

Tip us?

rodyh1
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [SDE] Help - [USB] Help

Hi all,

I have a problem with my Archos 80 G9 8go flash.

In Recovery mode, I can plug it on my computer and my computer recognize my Archos as a removable device so I can install firmware, format, repair, etc
Out of recovery mode, when Android running, when I plug my Archos to my computer, my computer say error message when trying to install USB driver of the Archos. So I dont have Removable device in my Drives letters, I have nothing.

If I go to control panel, in peripherals manager, I can see an unknown device called : ARCHOS

How can I do, because I can't install SDE without ADB and USB connectivity.
Or maybe there's another way to install SDE ??

Thanks for helping me.

muti642
Old
(Last edited by muti642; 13th October 2012 at 09:35 AM.)
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodyh1 View Post
Hi all,

I have a problem with my Archos 80 G9 8go flash.

In Recovery mode, I can plug it on my computer and my computer recognize my Archos as a removable device so I can install firmware, format, repair, etc
Out of recovery mode, when Android running, when I plug my Archos to my computer, my computer say error message when trying to install USB driver of the Archos. So I dont have Removable device in my Drives letters, I have nothing.

If I go to control panel, in peripherals manager, I can see an unknown device called : ARCHOS

How can I do, because I can't install SDE without ADB and USB connectivity.
Or maybe there's another way to install SDE ??

Thanks for helping me.
hi try connecting your pc to your archos (verified that the tablet usb debugging and well, the options developers) uninstalling all the drivers related to the archos, unplug the usb archos restart the pc install the drivers archos site without plugging the tablet, once the installation is finished plug the usb to archos and it should work. sorry for my english, and do not forget to tell me it it worked. good luck

TjaXanK
Old
Thanks Meter 34
What version of windows are you running? windows xp or 7 ?
HTC Desire C
> CM 10 with some presonal Tweaks
Archos 80G9 Turbo 16GB
> CM 10.1 Android 4.2.2

rodyh1
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
I have windows 7 64bits.

I guess I don't need drivers. I and by the way I don't find on Archos website the usb drivers.

scholbert
Old
Thanks Meter 632
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodyh1 View Post
I have windows 7 64bits.

I guess I don't need drivers. I and by the way I don't find on Archos website the usb drivers.
To use ADB you'll need some drivers... how about this:
http://www.archos.com/support/suppor...try=gb&lang=en

Cheers,

scholbert
The Following User Says Thank You to scholbert For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]