How to remove the locked Verizon bookmarks

Search This thread

danieljw

Oct 5, 2012
Now that we have root on the M, I wanted to inform or remind users of the possibility of disabling Verizon's locked bookmarks in Chrome. I found these bookmarks to be quite meddlesome. Whenever I opened Chrome on the M, the screen would seem to default to the Verizon bookmarks. Anyway, on to the fix.

It's quite easy. You need Titanium Backup. That's it.

Simply freeze the following app:

com.android.providers.partnerbookmarks
(This app cannot be disabled by stock software.)

Then, restart Chrome on the M. I did this by just tossing it from the multitask screen. When you open Chrome again, they should be gone from Mobile Bookmarks.

Say goodbye to Verizon's bookmarks!

Last edited:

jcyphert

Jul 30, 2010
THANK YOU!!!

Then, restart Chrome on the M. I did this by just tossing it from the multitask screen. When you open Chrome again, they should be gone from Mobile Bookmarks.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I love you!

DjeserDjeseru

Jan 8, 2013
Just as an extra note, if you don't have Titanium Backup's donate version, it works with any other app that lets you disable system apps, like NoBloat.

Rob M

Mar 23, 2013
Actually, I removed it from my Razr by just disabling it in the app setting. My phone is not rooted. Thanks for the info though. The bookmark thing was getting under my skin

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Now that we have root on the M, I wanted to inform or remind users of the possibility of disabling Verizon's locked bookmarks in Chrome. I found these bookmarks to be quite meddlesome. Whenever I opened Chrome on the M, the screen would seem to default to the Verizon bookmarks. Anyway, on to the fix.

It's quite easy. You need Titanium Backup. That's it.