Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,953 Members 36,452 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Changing default path for installation apps

Tip us?

hendymenn
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Changing default path for installation apps

Hello guys,

I'm sorry if this was a repeated question.
But i was wondering how we can change our default installation path on galaxy note?

Because the problem is everytime i download something from google play, its installed in the phone memory which is only around 1,5Gb

What's the use of 11Gb that we had on usb storage then? Can we somehow change the default path to usb storage?

And i don't want to use external SD card. I think that's all, thanks guys! Waiting for your respons!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

shivg86
Old
Thanks Meter 83
There is a thread regarding this.in that thread d dev will tell you how to move to phone memory data to sd card and vice versa.
Thanks button is here,please hit

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda app-developers app
My mobile list
Nokia 2300,2310,7710,1650,E63,N97,1100,2600,1110,6500 slide,2323 classic

Samsung CDMA PHONE,corby,E2510,Galaxy Note
BlackBerry 8520,8530,9300,9320
Motorola Defy
Hcl Tab AM7-A1
Hit thanks button as it takes no effort
God is great so as our samsung galaxy note....

nokiamodeln91
Old
Thanks Meter 2,659
Try link2sd from the playstore.

hendymenn
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I know it can moved to sd card.. But i dont have any and i want to used that 11Gb internal storage.. Please someone tell me how...

SpyderTracks
Old
Thanks Meter 579
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendymenn View Post
I know it can moved to sd card.. But i dont have any and i want to used that 11Gb internal storage.. Please someone tell me how...

11gb internal storage is called sd card. App2sd is what you need.

Sony Xperia Z Ultra C6833
Stock .257 Unrooted

Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000, iPhone 3GS, HTC Touch Diamond, HTC Touch Pro, HTC Universal, Sony Ericsson P990i, boat load of nokia's for a long time.

I love this site!!! Thanks to all

hendymenn
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyderTracks View Post
11gb internal storage is called sd card. App2sd is what you need.

I've tried that and it refers to the original function of move to sd card from the application settings. And it didn't work it says couldn't move not enough storage space and its because i dont have any sd card insert.

Therefore 11Gb usb storage only useful for extended game data and photo or music?

Shyam
Old
Thanks Meter 288

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I've tried that and it refers to the original function of move to sd card from the application settings. And it didn't work it says couldn't move not enough storage space and its because i dont have any sd card insert.

Therefore 11Gb usb storage only useful for extended game data and photo or music?

Using App2SD you can only move some part of an app to the 11GB (called as SD card or internal SD) memory..also, you cant move each & every app, since some apps needs to be on the Phone memory (memory which shows ~2GB)..I am using App2SD to reduce the load on Phone memory..it wl b useful for apps/games, especially which r bigger in size..what I believe is the more you keep the Phone memory free, the more faster your phone will be..

It takes lesser time to click Thanks, than the time I spent in reading your post & answering [Only if my suggestion helped you]

My Photography page http://www.facebook.com/shyamphotography4u

~ I DonT RegreT FoR ThE ThingS I HavE DonE..I JusT RegreT FoR ThE ThingS I Didn'T DO WheN I HaD ThE ChancE..!!! ~

SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 3
The Following User Says Thank You to Shyam For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hendymenn
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by shyamub4u View Post
Using App2SD you can only move some part of an app to the 11GB (called as SD card or internal SD) memory..also, you cant move each & every app, since some apps needs to be on the Phone memory (memory which shows ~2GB)..I am using App2SD to reduce the load on Phone memory..it wl b useful for apps/games, especially which r bigger in size..what I believe is the more you keep the Phone memory free, the more faster your phone will be..
That's an explanation i need.. Well i guess i just go buy an external sd card then move my apps in there. The 11Gb will only used for pictures and music then *sigh* thanks anyway mate!

nokiamodeln91
Old
Thanks Meter 2,659
its better cuz it seems like moving huge files to-from the internal storage sometimes* results in a brick

Shyam
Old
Thanks Meter 288

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
That's an explanation i need.. Well i guess i just go buy an external sd card then move my apps in there. The 11Gb will only used for pictures and music then *sigh* thanks anyway mate!

Thats a better option..buy a 32GB memory card & move all the stuffs like movies, music, photos, docs etc etc etc to it..use 2GB+11GB (in built memory) only for apps, games & their data..

Even 64GB card works on our Note, as per the below thread:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1330784

It takes lesser time to click Thanks, than the time I spent in reading your post & answering [Only if my suggestion helped you]

My Photography page http://www.facebook.com/shyamphotography4u

~ I DonT RegreT FoR ThE ThingS I HavE DonE..I JusT RegreT FoR ThE ThingS I Didn'T DO WheN I HaD ThE ChancE..!!! ~

SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 3