Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,816 Members 39,299 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Phantom touches.

Tip us?

chucktownscitch
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 40
Well good luck and keep me posted. Im probably going to go back tomorrow and see what I can have done. Manus need to start using better hardware. Its not like consumers are going to rush out and buy their latest and greatest phone 6-12 months later when they are under a 2 yr contract anyway, and 95% of people aren't going to pay full price. They will wait for their upgrade period to get the phone at 199...

HermanV0929
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucktownscitch View Post
Well good luck and keep me posted. Im probably going to go back tomorrow and see what I can have done. Manus need to start using better hardware. Its not like consumers are going to rush out and buy their latest and greatest phone 6-12 months later when they are under a 2 yr contract anyway, and 95% of people aren't going to pay full price. They will wait for their upgrade period to get the phone at 199...
Will do and yes they do. No most customers won't. I actually bought mine off ebay because upgrade was to far away and still got like 3 months before I can. They should let people upgrade at least once a yr even if theyre on 2yr contract, because when you upgrade, you have to extend your contract another 2yrs anyways or at least a yr. Even if they say you have to take the 2yr contract in order to upgrade a yr early. By the way, good luck on yours tomorrow too, if you go back

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to HermanV0929 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chucktownscitch
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 40
So I decided to hop on craigslist. Found one person selling Evo for parts for 50% then another person who needs to sell by tomorrow for 100$ obo. The second looks pretty mint as seller states its been in otter box for entire lifespan.

My question now is, if I was to get the second of the two, could I just swap over my internals to that phone?

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

HermanV0929
Old
(Last edited by HermanV0929; 25th October 2012 at 09:04 PM.)
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucktownscitch View Post
So I decided to hop on craigslist. Found one person selling Evo for parts for 50% then another person who needs to sell by tomorrow for 100$ obo. The second looks pretty mint as seller states its been in otter box for entire lifespan.

My question now is, if I was to get the second of the two, could I just swap over my internals to that phone?

Yes you can swap your internal parts. A little advice though if you do that..you may wanna use your back so you have your msid # and serial # incase you ever need it or sell it. I went to sprint today and at 1st the guy said my phone had to be replaced but can't be because it's rooted. Another guy came out and said they had the part but didn't know if they could do it because it's rooted and I told him, yes they can, Ive done it before, as long as it's hardware and not software related so, he said, ok and he replaced my digitizer

chucktownscitch
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 40
Very nice. Free?

I decided to nand back to an ICS sense backup and ran the calibrate on it. Then did fresh install back of cm10.

So far I haven't had any issues, but I'm keeping a close eye in it. If it starts back I guess I'll try a different sprint store for the repair. Hope it goes as smoothly for me. But most all reps I've had to deal with don't wanna help at all.

Did they make you show them it messing up?

HermanV0929
Old
(Last edited by HermanV0929; 26th October 2012 at 01:37 PM.)
Thanks Meter 24
No it was $35 if Id of had the ins, itd of been free and as soon as I was walking into the store, it started acting up and soon as the guy unlocked the screen it went crazy. Ive tried do fresh installs and it worked for a short time then back to messing up