[MOD][P7300/P7320][CWM]Enable native SIP (Internet Calls) on Stock ICS [2012-10-26]

Search This thread

ealax

Aug 2, 2010
Karlskrona
Enable native SIP (Internet Calls) menu on ICS Stock as seen on screenshot

Here is my contribution to the ICS ROMs distributed by tracid and Arlic for the P7300 and P7320.

These zips are flashable CWM, make sure you have a proper backup and you haven't modified your framework-res.apk with other updates (or you will lose them)

Once installed, open the phone app and in the menu / settings you will find as in the screenshot the option for internet calls

P7300 Enable SIP Calls

P7320 Enable SIP Calls

[I don't accept donations but a thank button would be enough]

Finally it works to me..... my experience:

1. Flash via CMW successfully without error message, but no such new setting appear :crying:
2. Flash once again, same as above and no luck
3. Use "File Manager HD" (my own favor) to replace the framework.res.apk in \system\framework
4. After replaced, many many non-stop error message boxes come out, I press "OK" repeatedly to close them all, then reboot the tab
5. Everything back to normal and the new SIP call setting appear :fingers-crossed:

I don't know what''s wrong in between causing the problems, but finally it's work, thanks ealax!

my device: tracid stock rom + i9103 modem + voice mod + A1 1.7.3 kernel

Let me know if it works for you ... It can save you some money by using Internet calls

Last edited:

optimuspt@mac.com

Jul 16, 2007
Queluz
sip calls

Enable native SIP (Internet Calls) menu on ICS Stock

Here is my contribution to the ICS ROMs distributed by tracid and Arlic for the P7300 and P7320

These zips are flashable CWM, make sure you have a proper backup and you haven't modified your framework-res.apk with other updates (or you will lose them)

P7300 Enable SIP Calls

P7320 Enable SIP Calls

Let me know if it works for you ... It can save you some money by using Internet calls

i cant flash, install aborted
cant open (bad)
this a message

Reactions: jeromelb

optimuspt@mac.com

Jul 16, 2007
Queluz

ealax

Aug 2, 2010
Karlskrona
i try the p7320

---------- Post added at 06:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:07 PM ----------

now, its ok
tks

---------- Post added at 06:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:00 PM ----------

Sip calls, you patch work fine in 3 or 4 G,but in wifi dont work

Im glad it worked

If you send me the extracted framework-res.apk I can make one for P7310 cus I dont have that tablet

ealax

Aug 2, 2010
Karlskrona
No, it is independent of the modem since it uses the internet for the call, you just need a voip provider

Sent from my GT-P7300 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: earldroid

abo7mead

Aug 8, 2009
I tried to install it on my P7300 ICS ,it says that it is installed but I cannot find the call settings in my settings.

harry_fine

Nov 9, 2011
Toronto
Tried installing it with CWM, twice. Using stock ICS with A1 kernel, newest version, and it doesn't show up in phone settings menu.

kosmepe

Jul 9, 2008
Tried installing it with CWM, twice. Using stock ICS with A1 kernel, newest version, and it doesn't show up in phone settings menu.

I have the same (stock ICS and standard modem by tracis, kernel A1 1.7.3 by AAccount) and I can confirm that it works very well.

Note that the phone settings are in the phone application itself, not where the rest of the settings are.

harry_fine

Nov 9, 2011
Toronto
Weird, I have same setup except perhaps modem. And I did look in settings in the phone app. Watched the zip install, no error messages

ealax

Aug 2, 2010
Karlskrona

Check this screenshot where you open the menu inside de phone app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1351517515746.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1351517515746.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 312

plabsubs

Aug 28, 2012
I believe I'm having the same problem as harry_fine, I have a P7300 with tracid's ICS ROM with voice calls enabled. I flashed the zip for P7300 for VOIP and didn't see any problems while installing. But I lost root when I restarted and couldn't use the phone app any longer. I re-flashed the root.zip and checked the phone settings after that but couldn't find the new VOIP settings from within phone settings.

ealax

Aug 2, 2010
Karlskrona
I believe I'm having the same problem as harry_fine, I have a P7300 with tracid's ICS ROM with voice calls enabled. I flashed the zip for P7300 for VOIP and didn't see any problems while installing. But I lost root when I restarted and couldn't use the phone app any longer. I re-flashed the root.zip and checked the phone settings after that but couldn't find the new VOIP settings from within phone settings.

what this zip does is to replace the framework-res.apk, as I said before Try unpacking the zip and copy the frameworkres.apk manually with rootexplorer and see if it works

garfieldwoo

Jun 8, 2009
what this zip does is to replace the framework-res.apk, as I said before Try unpacking the zip and copy the frameworkres.apk manually with rootexplorer and see if it works

My english is not vey good, i worry i misunderstanding yr meaning,

First, I instaled the zip file, (turn off and turn on the tab and press sound bottom......)

I tried to unzip the file then I execute the framwork.....apk, but the result is the app has not been installed.

Is it any wrong or missing procedure???

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Enable native SIP (Internet Calls) menu on ICS Stock as seen on screenshot

Here is my contribution to the ICS ROMs distributed by tracid and Arlic for the P7300 and P7320.

Once installed, open the phone app and in the menu / settings you will find as in the screenshot the option for internet calls

P7300 Enable SIP Calls

P7320 Enable SIP Calls

1. Flash via CMW successfully without error message, but no such new setting appear :crying:
    3. Use "File Manager HD" (my own favor) to replace the framework.res.apk in \system\framework
    4. After replaced, many many non-stop error message boxes come out, I press "OK" repeatedly to close them all, then reboot the tab
    5. Everything back to normal and the new SIP call setting appear :fingers-crossed:

I don't know what''s wrong in between causing the problems, but finally it's work, thanks ealax!

sip calls

Enable native SIP (Internet Calls) menu on ICS Stock

Here is my contribution to the ICS ROMs distributed by tracid and Arlic for the P7300 and P7320

P7300 Enable SIP Calls

P7320 Enable SIP Calls

i cant flash, install aborted
    cant open (bad)
    this a message
    No, it is independent of the modem since it uses the internet for the call, you just need a voip provider