FORUMS

What Do You Think About Fingerprint Scanners?

More and more phones are featuring fingerprint scanners, and with many promising … more

What’s Next for Samsung and Its Flagships?

If we were to say that the Galaxy S6 was a leap of faith made by Samsung, we … more

The Ultimate Showcase of dBrand Skins

In the search for ways to protect, accessorize, and personalize; a user has many options. One … more

Huawei’s Rapid Rise to Third Place in the Smartphone Race

Huawei has quickly grown to become one of the world’s biggest … more

official ota update zip found here for Jelly Bean

684 posts
Thanks Meter: 295
 
By jcwxguy, Senior Member on 26th October 2012, 09:24 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
26th October 2012, 12:09 PM |#21  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 59
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcwxguy

doesnt surprise me, they had a typo for one of the ota updates for the HTC EVO LTE as well lol

haha. oh well, at least they got it out, and gave us a product which seems to be working really well.
 
 
26th October 2012, 12:24 PM |#22  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
So this link is official?
26th October 2012, 12:25 PM |#23  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 295
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnieB89

So this link is official?

yes
26th October 2012, 12:29 PM |#24  
Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Just booted stock recovery and installed.
26th October 2012, 12:31 PM |#25  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcwxguy

yes

Awesome. One more question. is there a tutorial on how I do this correctly? I know put it on an SD card and boot up stock recovery but thats it lol.
26th October 2012, 12:32 PM |#26  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 295
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnieB89

Awesome. One more question. is there a tutorial on how I do this correctly? I know put it on an SD card and boot up stock recovery but thats it lol.

once in recovery, choose update from external card, then browse to the file and select it, and it should take over
26th October 2012, 12:38 PM |#27  
m20120's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Northern VA
Thanks Meter: 271
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcwxguy

once in recovery, choose update from external card, then browse to the file and select it, and it should take over

You may want to follow that with flashing the team epic root from recovery before booting the Rom to make sure you keep your custom recovery.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app
26th October 2012, 12:45 PM |#28  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcwxguy

once in recovery, choose update from external card, then browse to the file and select it, and it should take over

Oneeee more. Do I put the .zip on the sd or the files individually? or does it not matter? I appreciate the help guys lol
26th October 2012, 12:52 PM |#29  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 295
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnieB89

Oneeee more. Do I put the .zip on the sd or the files individually? or does it not matter? I appreciate the help guys lol

the whole zip. do not rename it, do not unzip it
26th October 2012, 01:10 PM |#30  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcwxguy

the whole zip. do not rename it, do not unzip it

Does the zip update and the recovery have a standard way of figuring out what the signature should be and then calculating and comparing? (like a hash to check integrity)? Or is it something I should be doing (if that is the case, what is the signature of the file?)

Thank you all.

If I do not do it this way, how long till I expect the official OTA pushed by the network? Or is it just a big guess (it took me like month+ to get the LI3 one unfortunately...)
26th October 2012, 01:13 PM |#31  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 295
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv8silencer

Does the zip update and the recovery have a standard way of figuring out what the signature should be and then calculating and comparing? (like a hash to check integrity)? Or is it something I should be doing (if that is the case, what is the signature of the file?)

Thank you all.

If I do not do it this way, how long till I expect the official OTA pushed by the network? Or is it just a big guess (it took me like month+ to get the LI3 one unfortunately...)

recovery should automatically check it

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes