Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,261 Members 38,012 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Tethering via bluetooth

Tip us?

moussam
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default Tethering via bluetooth

Stand alone application for tethering via bluetooth. No need to install and run scripts, the program does it all for you. You just need root access.

http://www.androidactivity.com

parrothd
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Which bluetooth driver are you using? If its the standard driver the connection speed is limited to less than 80Kb and high latency..

moussam
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
I think it is the standar driver because many speed tests give an 85kbps max speed.

Bnep.ko

Any suggestions on using a better driver. I can show you the scripts

ICBM
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Has anybody used this app? How does it compare with Tether via Wifi vis a vis battery life, speeds, etc? I'm using the Wifi tethering now, but curious about this.

beagz
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Tried it and it seems to work. But it seems so slow that it's not worth it especially when I get good speeds with the tether over wifi.

It could be the bluetooth adapter I have but I do not currently have another one to try.

moussam
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICBM View Post
Has anybody used this app? How does it compare with Tether via Wifi vis a vis battery life, speeds, etc? I'm using the Wifi tethering now, but curious about this.
The bluetooth tether app is much better on power consumption. It is also a little more secure. It is slower though, the current driver on the phone is limited to around 80kbps. This speed is plenty fast enough when not on 3g. But if you are on 3g it is going to be slower than it should be.

ghettoyungin718
Old
Thanks Meter 0
imo this app is great

its faster, more secure, and doesnt heat/drain up your battery as much compared to other apps

Tags
android, bluetooth, tether