Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

USB Desktop Charger Roundup – XDA TV

Sometimes you learn one way to do something, and that’s the way you do it forever. You never … more

Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos Receives Early CM12 Port

Samsung Galaxy Grand is a dual-SIM phone with a 5 screen that was announced two years ago. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Tethering via bluetooth

OP moussam

4th February 2009, 03:42 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3

130 posts
Stand alone application for tethering via bluetooth. No need to install and run scripts, the program does it all for you. You just need root access.

http://www.androidactivity.com
4th February 2009, 04:19 PM   |  #2  

185 posts
Which bluetooth driver are you using? If its the standard driver the connection speed is limited to less than 80Kb and high latency..
5th February 2009, 06:06 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

130 posts
I think it is the standar driver because many speed tests give an 85kbps max speed.

Bnep.ko

Any suggestions on using a better driver. I can show you the scripts
15th February 2009, 07:33 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

66 posts
Has anybody used this app? How does it compare with Tether via Wifi vis a vis battery life, speeds, etc? I'm using the Wifi tethering now, but curious about this.
15th February 2009, 09:58 PM   |  #5  
Flag Greenacres, FL
Thanks Meter: 23

1,056 posts
More
Tried it and it seems to work. But it seems so slow that it's not worth it especially when I get good speeds with the tether over wifi.

It could be the bluetooth adapter I have but I do not currently have another one to try.
16th February 2009, 01:10 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member

130 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICBM

Has anybody used this app? How does it compare with Tether via Wifi vis a vis battery life, speeds, etc? I'm using the Wifi tethering now, but curious about this.

The bluetooth tether app is much better on power consumption. It is also a little more secure. It is slower though, the current driver on the phone is limited to around 80kbps. This speed is plenty fast enough when not on 3g. But if you are on 3g it is going to be slower than it should be.
16th February 2009, 09:04 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 0

13 posts
imo this app is great

its faster, more secure, and doesnt heat/drain up your battery as much compared to other apps

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, bluetooth, tether
Previous Thread Next Thread