XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

getting frustrated...idk what i am doing wrong

Tip us?

Micah Luca
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default getting frustrated...idk what i am doing wrong

This is the 3rd time i have tried S-off my Evo V. To be honest, idk why i am bothering with it because the radio issue is annoying but it fixes itself within a minute or two.

But i'm unlocked via HTC dev, i'm rooted and i am using JMZstock odex rom and i am following the directions here(at least i think i am)
Unlimited.IO

I do step 10 and everything is there.

I run controlbear...it does it's thing...after it finds the fourth file, it reboots the phone and then loads for 45 seconds

and then it keeps saying
Hmm, still no device
Open device manager and check adb and/or fastboot drivers!!

I can't get past this.
I am using a Windows 7 laptop....i read somewhere to try a different USB port and i have 3 and i've tried all 3 but i have no clue what to do.

Jsparta26
Old
Thanks Meter 586
Do you have USB debugging enabled in settings? Also if you have HTC sync installed on your PC uninstall it. Also iTunes if it is on there. These programs will interfere with the wire trick process. Make sure your stock ROM with superuser too.
[/SIGPIC] How many noobs does it take to get the answers they want? I say 4. One to Attempt to use a PC. Second one to download the wrong files. Third one to brick their device. The 4th to come on here crying about his device being bricked.

Micah Luca
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsparta26 View Post
Do you have USB debugging enabled in settings? Also if you have HTC sync installed on your PC uninstall it. Also iTunes if it is on there. These programs will interfere with the wire trick process. Make sure your stock ROM with superuser too.
Yeah i had the usb debugging enable and i uninstalled HTC Sync and for good measure i also got rid of Motodrive/Moto cast and Samsung Kies from when i had my razr and gs3.

I have no clue what is going on though and why i get stuck after it finds the 4th device.

kgs1992
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1702

DONATE TO ME
There is a specific version of controlbear for Evo V (VM), use that.
Also, you need an RUU for your device in order to S-OFF.
None of the other ROMs will work for Evo V.

Need help or want to ask a quick question regarding the Xperia Z?
Head over to the Xperia Z Help Thread (Noob friendly!)