Ask a question

No registration required

getting frustrated...idk what i am doing wrong

OP Micah Luca

26th October 2012, 09:56 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

36 posts
This is the 3rd time i have tried S-off my Evo V. To be honest, idk why i am bothering with it because the radio issue is annoying but it fixes itself within a minute or two.

But i'm unlocked via HTC dev, i'm rooted and i am using JMZstock odex rom and i am following the directions here(at least i think i am)
Unlimited.IO

I do step 10 and everything is there.

I run controlbear...it does it's thing...after it finds the fourth file, it reboots the phone and then loads for 45 seconds

and then it keeps saying
Hmm, still no device
Open device manager and check adb and/or fastboot drivers!!

I can't get past this.
I am using a Windows 7 laptop....i read somewhere to try a different USB port and i have 3 and i've tried all 3 but i have no clue what to do.
26th October 2012, 02:52 PM   |  #2  
Flag Detroit, MI
Thanks Meter: 587

1,399 posts
More
Do you have USB debugging enabled in settings? Also if you have HTC sync installed on your PC uninstall it. Also iTunes if it is on there. These programs will interfere with the wire trick process. Make sure your stock ROM with superuser too.
26th October 2012, 05:49 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

36 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsparta26

Do you have USB debugging enabled in settings? Also if you have HTC sync installed on your PC uninstall it. Also iTunes if it is on there. These programs will interfere with the wire trick process. Make sure your stock ROM with superuser too.

Yeah i had the usb debugging enable and i uninstalled HTC Sync and for good measure i also got rid of Motodrive/Moto cast and Samsung Kies from when i had my razr and gs3.

I have no clue what is going on though and why i get stuck after it finds the 4th device.
28th October 2012, 09:07 AM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 1,769

1,409 posts
Donate to Me
More
There is a specific version of controlbear for Evo V (VM), use that.
Also, you need an RUU for your device in order to S-OFF.
None of the other ROMs will work for Evo V.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread