Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,470 Members 40,899 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][KERNEL][4.3] INFAMOUS S3 | Version 6.0 | Dec 8, 2013

Tip us?

Azuske
Old
Thanks Meter 380

DONATE TO ME
Can someone let me know if S- Beam, Android Beam, & Wifi-Direct (for Shareshot) all work?
Daily Phone: Nexus 4 (16GB)
Device Rating: 10/10

Previous Devices:
T-Mobile Samsun Galaxy S III (10/10)
T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S II (7/10)
T-Mobile HTC One S (9.5/10) - Too much overheating.
HTC Sensation XL (Rating: 9/10)
Nexus S i9020T (Rating: 7/10)
T-Mobile G2x (Rating: 6/10) Never again STOCK LG Garbage
MyTouch 4G (Rating: 9/10)
Samsung Galaxy S 4G ( Rating: 5/10)
T-Mobile SGH-T839 Sidekick 4G (Rating: 7/10)
HD2 (Android) (Rating: 7/10)
MyTouch 3G
iPhone 3G

evilgdaddy
Old
Thanks Meter 38
Thank you for a great Rom. We have too many great developers it is hard to stick with just one Rom much to my wife's dismay. Quick question I am trying to find the wallpaper that was up on initial boot. If anyone can point me in the right direction it would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. :thumbup:

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to evilgdaddy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Orical
Old
Thanks Meter 727

DONATE TO ME
Damn I have to admit this rom is amazing, very responsive and easy to manage without second guessing it.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium
Device #1 Tmo Galaxy Note 3 of coarse

shnn2011
Old
(Last edited by shnn2011; 29th October 2012 at 04:06 AM.)
Thanks Meter 343
* * * IMPORTANT * * *

The only reason i have not left xda is you guys.

I love being able to help all of my friends.

I love being a member of team infamous and developing for y'all.

Back when Jamison and I we're developing for the galaxy s2 there we only three real ROMs.

These three ROMs included TDJ's Darkside, Infamous t989, and Infamous Resurrection (my project based off of Jamison's original work which I am still maintaining for a while).

As you can see throughout the history of our ROMs, the others all came out after our releases with features we released originally.

And as you can see now there are many "script kiddies" who consistently KANG and rip off our work then are recognized by XDA as developers while we are not.

There was one case where all a guy did way compiled Cyanogen off of a pre-written script, and bam recognized developer; half of the features of the hardware did not even work properly.

We the real developers think this is a load of bull.

Jamison deserves this status even more than I do; I mean look at all of his work, look at all he has done.

You guys really should know where your ROM is coming from and who to trust.

Team infamous is proven solid performance over and over again. Just look at our t989 ROMS. Solid, butter smooth, and incredible battery life. Everything just works!

Then when I tell you guys about what your phone is doing behind your back, and reveal hidden code t-mobile crammed in there doing things it should not do, some xda mod wants to silence me?

Don't you think you deserve to control the device you own?

Don't you think you should know what your phone is doing?

Isn't that what xda is supposedly about?

I thought I would be appreciated for revealing this, instead i was insulted and accused of subversive actions by a mod. In fact all I provided was the truth -- information you guys wanted and needed to know.

This is why, I say, the only reason Jamison and i are here are for you guys.

It is certainly not money motivating us either. I have not had so much a a cent donated for all of my work, nor do i expect anything.

It gives me pleasure that I have made a difference in the community.

Please feel free to share your thoughts.

Thank you

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Keep your freedom.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to shnn2011 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Orical
Old
Thanks Meter 727

DONATE TO ME
I'm not aware of what happened with your situation and what happened with you and the mod but it seems like it got personal quick and things usually get out of hand when that happens. It's great that you enjoy what you do as you should, it's a pain in the ass to work hard at something to learn and share just to see someone **** on your efforts.

Knowing how some people are and they're mannerisms anywhere should give you thick skin so let these things roll of your back a little, sure it drives you nuts to see it if your spare time is this and you give so much to it but there will always be someone that doesn't agree with you, you have to find a way to be ok with it and continue to do what you enjoy.

Sent from my Galaxy S III using XDA Premium.
Device #1 Tmo Galaxy Note 3 of coarse

The Following User Says Thank You to Orical For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

blacknight1114
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 2,177

DONATE TO ME
I agree totally. We should be able to know what our devices can and will do,and we should push the envelope. Thats what rooting and custom roms are all about. Because we werent happy being told"heres your phone its just like his and his and hers" if we want that,we would buy an iphone. I say way to go to you guys. I have a newfound respect for you TRUE devs after spending all weekend in my new kitchen and trying to start to learn the basics of decompiling systemui.apk's. Keep up the good work...dont leave us.

sent from a knight time GS3
The Following User Says Thank You to blacknight1114 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

shnn2011
Old
(Last edited by shnn2011; 29th October 2012 at 07:12 AM.)
Thanks Meter 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orical View Post
I'm not aware of what happened with your situation and what happened with you and the mod but it seems like it got personal quick and things usually get out of hand when that happens. It's great that you enjoy what you do as you should, it's a pain in the ass to work hard at something to learn and share just to see someone **** on your efforts.

Knowing how some people are and they're mannerisms anywhere should give you thick skin so let these things roll of your back a little, sure it drives you nuts to see it if your spare time is this and you give so much to it but there will always be someone that doesn't agree with you, you have to find a way to be ok with it and continue to do what you enjoy.

Sent from my Galaxy S III using XDA Premium.
I try to not make it personal, and you are absolutely right, that's why i don't ever name names.

But it is a series of things that many of us more serious devs have experienced here that led to my post. We do speak among each other as we develop.

But, thank you I appreciate your understanding.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Keep your freedom.
The Following User Says Thank You to shnn2011 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kteemusic
Old
Thanks Meter 8
I apologize if this has been asked I was just rushing.... I plug in my phone to computer ans I cannot get it to see the phone is it me or what ..lol

teambestyrandy
Old
Thanks Meter 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by kteemusic View Post
I apologize if this has been asked I was just rushing.... I plug in my phone to computer ans I cannot get it to see the phone is it me or what ..lol
You need to download the Samsung s3 driver google it I forgot the link

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

woostar88
Old
Thanks Meter 47
Which ktoonz can we install on this? The touchwiz or asop?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

Tags
fast, infamous s3, stable, wife friendly
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe