[TUT] Unbrick Your HTC One S [TUT]

Search This thread
Oct 30, 2012
Hi all,

Today was a tough day for me. I bought a T Mobile HTC One S in India (It was unlocked).

When I started using it I found that it did not connect to 3G Network.

So I thought may be installing a new ROM would help.

So, I Rooted my phone with the help of such useful posts on xda (Thank You all for Making it so NOOD Friendly)

But, the ROM did not start, it stuck on boot screen (THAT STUPID UNICORN)

I waited for hours, but NO SUCCESS...!!!

After doing some wrong things, I BRICKED my phone. It only started CWM Recovery.

But, by TRIAL & ERROR, I fixed my phone right back.

FIRST OF ALL THANK YOU ALL THOSE AMAZING DEVELOPERS ON XDA WITHOUT WHOM THIS MIGHT NOT HAVE BEEN POSSIBLE

Now, I decided that I should post something so that people like me would get some help.

Here it is:

STEP 1:
1. Put your phone in BOOTLOADER mode by pressing volume down+power
2. Download AIO Kit from HERE
3. Extract it and Run it.
4. You will see a Flash Recovery radio button.
5. Select TWRP from above list and click on FLASH RECOVERY
6. Once it installs. Repeat the 1st Step and put your Phone again in BOOTLOADER mode.
7. Press volume down button and highlight RECOVERY and press power button again. You will enter recovery.

I followed all those above steps as instructed by the best posters on XDA (THANK YOU ALL).
Now when I tried to mount sd card, it said error mounting sd card. Then I again searched all forum and tried everything but I was unsuccessful.
I was worried as how was I going to put a ROM on my sd card so that I can put my ONE S back to normal.

I also used "adb push" syntax and tried to push the ROM on sd card, but it was a failure. The ROM transferred to sd card but it did not install since it still showed "error mounting sd card"
(IF YOU HAVE FACED THE SAME PROBLEM WHAT I HAVE WRITTEN AND YOU ARE STILL TRYING TO FIX THAT MOUNTING OF SD CARD ERROR FOLLOW THE STEPS I HAVE WRITTEN BELOW)

AFTER THAT I FOLLOWED THE FOLLOWING STEPS AND MADE MY MISSION SUCCESSFULL

8. Click on MOUNT USB in the recovery mode. You will see that you laptop / pc will come up with a message that you storage has errors and you need to fix it.
9. Click yes and format it. (You will see later that it was your phone sd card)
10. Once the format is complete, copy the ROM you want to the device and you will be flashing it later.
11. Now, click on UNMOUNT USB. Remove USB Cable
12. Now get out and click on INSTALL in TWRM Recovery.
13. Browse where you pasted the ROM.zip file and start installing it.
14. After successful installation your HTC will boot normally.

AND DONE...!!!!

I would highly appreciate if senior members of this forum modified what i have written in a better way. (SINCE I AM IN A HURRY)

If I helped, PLEASE DON'T BE SHY TO SAY THANKS...!!!

THANK YOU ALL THOSE VALUABLE MEMBERS OF XDA WITHOUT WHOM MY HTC ONE S WAS NEVER GONNA GET BACK TO NORMAL

Spastic909

Dec 28, 2010
Just to clear something up.....if you can get to recovery your device is not bricked

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using xda app-developers app

diabolusmiles

May 8, 2009
Also, I'm relatively sure this exact thread has already been posted and is linked on the first page of the faq thread.

Da Baron

Mar 13, 2010
Hammond, LA.
Dude! You are a god send =) I soft-bricked my One S nearly three weeks ago. I happened upon your thread and yours was way more thorough and user friendly than all the rest. I followed your steps exactly and voila! Got my phone back from the coma state.

Much obliged,
Da Baron

nishant2493

Jul 10, 2014
help needed

Hi all,

Today was a tough day for me. I bought a T Mobile HTC One S in India (It was unlocked).

So, I Rooted my phone with the help of such useful posts on xda (Thank You all for Making it so NOOD Friendly)

After doing some wrong things, I BRICKED my phone. It only started CWM Recovery.

FIRST OF ALL THANK YOU ALL THOSE AMAZING DEVELOPERS ON XDA WITHOUT WHOM THIS MIGHT NOT HAVE BEEN POSSIBLE

Now, I decided that I should post something so that people like me would get some help.

Here it is:

STEP 1:
6. Once it installs. Repeat the 1st Step and put your Phone again in BOOTLOADER mode.
7. Press volume down button and highlight RECOVERY and press power button again. You will enter recovery.

I followed all those above steps as instructed by the best posters on XDA (THANK YOU ALL).
Now when I tried to mount sd card, it said error mounting sd card. Then I again searched all forum and tried everything but I was unsuccessful.
I was worried as how was I going to put a ROM on my sd card so that I can put my ONE S back to normal.

I also used "adb push" syntax and tried to push the ROM on sd card, but it was a failure. The ROM transferred to sd card but it did not install since it still showed "error mounting sd card"
(IF YOU HAVE FACED THE SAME PROBLEM WHAT I HAVE WRITTEN AND YOU ARE STILL TRYING TO FIX THAT MOUNTING OF SD CARD ERROR FOLLOW THE STEPS I HAVE WRITTEN BELOW)

8. Click on MOUNT USB in the recovery mode. You will see that you laptop / pc will come up with a message that you storage has errors and you need to fix it.
10. Once the format is complete, copy the ROM you want to the device and you will be flashing it later.

AND DONE...!!!!

I would highly appreciate if senior members of this forum modified what i have written in a better way. (SINCE I AM IN A HURRY)

THANK YOU ALL THOSE VALUABLE MEMBERS OF XDA WITHOUT WHOM MY HTC ONE S WAS NEVER GONNA GET BACK TO NORMAL
Hey bro i really appreciate your help. I am facing same problem my phone is stuck in bootloop it can run. I want to be into stock rom again please help me how i can do that. Its urgent bro please pm me as soon as possible thankyou. Other senior members are also welcomed for their help please help me out.

greezy Boy

Apr 3, 2014
Luanda
Help me

Hi all,

Here it is:

STEP 1:

AND DONE...!!!!

man in the step 13, before I install the rom I need to wipe something or no?? thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all,

Here it is:

STEP 1:

AND DONE...!!!!