Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,303 Members 53,313 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP][4.0.3-4.1.2] Hax Launcher {1.0.2}

Tip us?

r2DoesInc
Old
(Last edited by r2DoesInc; 22nd November 2012 at 07:37 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 819

DONATE TO ME
Default [APP][4.0.3-4.1.2] Hax Launcher {1.0.2}

Hax Launcher is a new take on the conventional Android launcher.

The Android Launcher game is dull, only a few launchers out there really redefine the way the Android launcher works. We are one of those. Our goal is to provide something fresh, but familiar enough to fully utilize from the moment you pick it up. Hax Launcher is still early in development, and features are being added all the time. Let's highlight a few differences between Hax and other launchers out there.

Instead of having lots of information spread out across multiple screens, we try to provide you with a more focused layout, targeting whatever you want to access the moment you want to access it.

Hax Launcher uses a custom system of LivePanels. These are third party applications that provide a simple widget-like behavior in the launcher's Main Menu. This is a totally new open system that any developer can tap into. There are multiple examples on GitHub, and we provide instructions for developing on Hax's LivePanel API on thehax.org.

Instead of your choosing apps to place on the dock, Hax uses a more familiar approach of putting your recent apps along the bottom, similar to a taskbar on a PC. Also like a PC, open up the Main Menu by pressing the circular start button in the dock. And you still get your chosen apps in the Main Menu, now in a scrollable list of app panels. Just drop an app on the dock at the bottom of the homescreen. If you want to remove apps from the main menu, swipe them left or right, off the list.

You can kill any running apps in the dock by swiping the icon upward. (Root may be required for full functionality. See Advanced under Launcher Settings to enable.)

Push notifications are built in to facilitate instant updates (and maybe a chat channel in the future...).

Universal search is built in. Nevermind Google's crippled search (and thanks a heap for that, Apple). Search the web, contacts, and installed applications right from the Main Menu. (This is still a very early feature and will be expanded in the future.)

Check out SimpleWeatherPlugin, one of the currently available LivePanel plugins.
I rarely post on XDA-Developers. Find me on twitter or check out my website for the most up to date information.

Twitter
TheHax.org
GitHub
If you haven't heard of Parse.com yet, I highly suggest you check it out.
The Following 40 Users Say Thank You to r2DoesInc For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

r2DoesInc
Old
(Last edited by r2DoesInc; 6th November 2012 at 04:12 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 819

DONATE TO ME
Changelog

• Initial Market Release

• This release should resolve just about all the major bugs that I've been collecting reports from.
  • Fixed widgets!
  • Easy access to changing the default launcher.
  • MASSIVE speed increases.
  • Search and Panel framework updates.
  • Some small ui changes, (full screen search and settings, new settings icon.)
  • Slightly updated search behavior.
  • Chat service. Lol, this is just something I thought would be cool. Email me for access!
  • Updated a few things for maturity rating.
I rarely post on XDA-Developers. Find me on twitter or check out my website for the most up to date information.

Twitter
TheHax.org
GitHub
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to r2DoesInc For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

r2DoesInc
Old
(Last edited by r2DoesInc; 30th October 2012 at 10:56 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 819

DONATE TO ME
Bugs/Issues/Quirks
  • Some widgets (those with configuration activities) do not add to the workspace.
  • No way to add apps to the "dock" directly from the app drawer.
  • No landscape mode.
  • No tablet support.

Twitter
TheHax.org
GitHub
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to r2DoesInc For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

r2DoesInc
Old
(Last edited by r2DoesInc; 31st October 2012 at 05:59 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 819

DONATE TO ME
and one more just cuz

Twitter
TheHax.org
GitHub
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to r2DoesInc For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ccab
Old
Thanks Meter 299
A video of this launcher would be nice. Good to see something fresh

r2DoesInc
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 819

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccab View Post
A video of this launcher would be nice. Good to see something fresh
there will be one on the portal in just a bit. i believe azrienoch is upping it today.

Twitter
TheHax.org
GitHub
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to r2DoesInc For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

synergeticink
Old
Thanks Meter 987
Worth giving a shot, keep up the great work ;D
Device: OnePlus One 64GB SandStone Black
ROM: CyanogenMod 11S
KERNEL: Franco Kernel

♣ OnePlus Early Adopter ♣ ♠ Instagram Contest Winner ♠
.................................................. .........
www.synergeticink.com

frenzyboi
Old
Thanks Meter 737
Website said application will be targeted from cupcake to jellybean yet the launcher is targeted on Android v4?

stylez
Old
Moderator Committee - Assistant Forum Admin
Thanks Meter 507

DONATE TO ME
[ANNOUNCEMENT] To Devs, please read

MAKO / GROUPER / XOOM / G1

The Following User Says Thank You to stylez For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

scottjb
Old
Thanks Meter 143
Looks interesting, will give this a try.