No registration required

[APPS] Android 4.2 apps including Camera and Keyboard

OP Nigeldg

31st October 2012, 05:18 AM   |  #1  
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,081

2,957 posts
More
Android 4.2 Keyboard with gesture typing .apk and .zip. Can be installed as a normal .apk or flashed as a .zip. IMO this is a great improvement on the standard ICS one, and some say it's as good as SwiftKey.

If it doesn't work for you,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie P

I just had trouble installing the keyboard to nexusHD2 jb nativeSD, managed it by using root browser lite to copy and paste the LatinImegoogle.apk to /system/app and the lib file to /system/lib, setting permissions for both to rw-r--r-- and finally deleting the LatinIme.apk from system/app.

Courtesy of Robbie P

Camera.apk.

Alternatively,
Quote:
Originally Posted by wis1152

Try this for photosphere ported from igio90 again https://rapidshare.com/files/3663355...ched_v2_1_.zip

GMail 4.2 app, once again thanks to wis1152 Includes pinch-to-zoom feature

Transparent themed Gmail 4.2 Devved by B-Boy, and Media and fonts, thanks to shaumaaa for posting this

4.2 Clock.zip I think this is the clock which can also act as a screensaver or something along those lines. That's a bit useless in my opinion, but if I'm not mistaken, it also has stopwatch and timer features built in (took your time, Google!) so it's worth having.

Nexus 4 Wallpapers

Google Music

Power control - Wis1152 again :')

Note that I personally haven't tried all of these myself yet and I did not create them, so I can't comment on how good they are or even whether or not they work. So far, most people have had success with these.
Last edited by Nigeldg; 22nd January 2013 at 05:56 PM.
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Nigeldg For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st October 2012, 11:55 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag luton uk
Thanks Meter: 2,605

2,569 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigeldg

http://m.pocketnow.com/2012/10/30/an...d-unofficially

Links for downloads of the 4.2 keyboard, which is supposedly almost as good as swiftkey

Using this on my sg2, thanks for sharing mate

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
31st October 2012, 12:01 PM   |  #3  

2,957 posts
More
Annoyingly I can't find the person(s) who actually provided these mods. I'll try to keep the OP updated with any newer JB (4.2) apps I find.
The Following User Says Thank You to Nigeldg For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st November 2012, 08:48 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 72

257 posts
I've installed them on my HD2 and they both work. The keyboard appears to be flawless. The camera has graphical glitches very much like we HD2 users had with Jelly Bean ROMs until very recently, but not as bad because they clear up enough to reasonably use the app. PhotoSphere does NOT work, though, because it says that our device isn't supported. That'll probably be fixed by a dev soon enough, but, for now, it won't even let you access the mode.
1st November 2012, 10:43 AM   |  #5  

2,957 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey00

I've installed them on my HD2 and they both work. The keyboard appears to be flawless. The camera has graphical glitches very much like we HD2 users had with Jelly Bean ROMs until very recently, but not as bad because they clear up enough to reasonably use the app. PhotoSphere does NOT work, though, because it says that our device isn't supported. That'll probably be fixed by a dev soon enough, but, for now, it won't even let you access the mode.

Yep, I thought as much from what others have said on another thread. Either way, you can see this video to see how awesome Photo Sphere is. Check the G+ link in that article as well, the resolution isn't half bad and the photo stitching is pretty much perfect, as we've come to expect from Google (Street View).
1st November 2012, 11:52 AM   |  #6  

257 posts
I got PhotoSphere mode to work by changing the ID to Galaxy Nexus in build.prop, but it's unusable. It sort of works, but it's excruciatingly slow and the accelerometer only barely works. It takes something like 30 seconds to take the first photo, then 30 seconds for it to allow you to take another, then another 30 seconds... at which point I ended up stopping the operation, but the resulting image wasn't even stitched together properly. It probably needs to be modified to work with the HD2's hardware. I'm no Android dev, so that'll have to be for someone else to figure out, though we might need the source for that.
Last edited by Osprey00; 2nd November 2012 at 02:14 AM.
1st November 2012, 08:35 PM   |  #7  
Recognized Contributor
Flag luton uk

2,569 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey00

I've installed them on my HD2 and they both work. The keyboard appears to be flawless. The camera has graphical glitches very much like we HD2 users had with Jelly Bean ROMs until very recently, but not as bad because they clear up enough to reasonably use the app. Photo Sphere does NOT work, though, because it says that our device isn't supported. That'll probably be fixed by a dev soon enough, but, for now, it won't even let you access the mode.

Try this for photosphere ported from igio90 again https://rapidshare.com/files/3663355...ched_v2_1_.zip
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wis1152 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st November 2012, 09:03 PM   |  #8  
Flag L'viv
Thanks Meter: 217

616 posts
More
works on ICS?
2nd November 2012, 01:19 AM   |  #9  
Recognized Contributor
Flag luton uk

2,569 posts
Donate to Me
More
I have the new gmail apk with pinch to zoom and swipe gesture, will post in the morning

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wis1152 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd November 2012, 02:16 AM   |  #10  

257 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wis1152

Yep, that fixes the check for PhotoSphere, so that we no longer need to edit build.prop. It doesn't fix the other issues with the app, though. It's still unusable.

EDIT: Also, the new version at the original post removes the version checking (though doesn't seem to fix any of the other issues that we see on our HD2s, either): http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1965895
Last edited by Osprey00; 2nd November 2012 at 03:15 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread