Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,283 Members 38,497 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Problems with phone going into download made state while charging

Tip us?

cbrvnm
Old
(Last edited by cbrvnm; 26th October 2012 at 04:15 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default Problems with phone going into download made state while charging

I want to see if anyone could help me find out what is wrong here. I have tried several Roms and kernels and I have had issues in when the phone is charging overnite I wake up and find my phone in a download mode state, I mean it looks like the download mode screen and says something about power mode, and all I can do is to hold down power button and reboot and it works fine. It only happens while charging overnite. The only Rom that I have have not experienced it with is blackjelly v6, so I dont think its the phone, but I would like some input. Thanks in advance.

sent from my SGS 3 powerhouse

zxrider06
Old
Thanks Meter 9
I had this same problem on my gs2 it was my charger. Make sure your using the one that came with it or try a different one

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

cbrvnm
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
I'll try that. But what I don't understand is that this only happens with any ROM other than black jelly which i have been using without problems, but any other ROM and the problem arises.

sent from my SGS S 3 powerhouse

limpexowns
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Haven't experienced any issues like that even with my custom ROM. I use LG wall charger for overnight charging. Try zxrider06's suggestions then we'll see where we can go from there. Good luck!

cbrvnm
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
I'll try that, but for now I'll stick with black jelly. Thanks for the suggestions.

sent from my SGS S 3 powerhouse