FORUMS

What Are the Best Looking Apps on Android?

As more developers are updating their apps with Material Design elements, we’re … more

Cyngn Explained: Who’s Cyanogen, What’s Cyanogen OS?

While Cyanogen, Inc has been the source of many headlines lately, there … more

Verizon Moto X 2014 Receives Root On Kitkat 4.4.4

The Verizon Moto X 2014 has finally received root, albeit only on Kitkat 4.4.4 … more

Android 5.1.1 Released, Google Cell Service – XDA TV

Android Lollipop 5.1.1 has been released. That and much more news is covered … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Help!!

1st November 2012, 02:09 AM |#1  
chiefmigrain's Avatar
OP Member
Flag St.Louis
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
My phone (running the latest version of FreeGS3) is stuck on the samsung loading screen. I rebooted it because I installed a new font (something I haven't had a problem with before) but it's now been stuck on this screen for a good 5 minutes. Any idea what's going on?
 
 
1st November 2012, 02:39 AM |#2  
Senior Member
Flag Colonial Heights,VA
Thanks Meter: 1,115
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefmigrain

My phone (running the latest version of FreeGS3) is stuck on the samsung loading screen. I rebooted it because I installed a new font (something I haven't had a problem with before) but it's now been stuck on this screen for a good 5 minutes. Any idea what's going on?

Pull battery and try again. If nothing works, then reboot in recovery and flash a backup or reflash rom.

Sent from Pluto.
1st November 2012, 02:56 AM |#3  
chiefmigrain's Avatar
OP Member
Flag St.Louis
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedin07si

Pull battery and try again. If nothing works, then reboot in recovery and flash a backup or reflash rom.

Sent from Pluto.

How do I reboot to recovery? I've tried pulling the battery but that didn't work. Do I just turn the phone on normally then press something?
1st November 2012, 03:00 AM |#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 102
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefmigrain

How do I reboot to recovery? I've tried pulling the battery but that didn't work. Do I just turn the phone on normally then press something?

How did you install the rom? Didn't you boot to recovery to flash it?
1st November 2012, 03:01 AM |#5  
chiefmigrain's Avatar
OP Member
Flag St.Louis
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by epic4GEE

How did you install the rom? Didn't you boot to recovery to flash it?

Yeah, but I don't remember how lol
1st November 2012, 03:23 AM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 102
 
More
Seriously lol......

---------- Post added at 03:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 AM ----------

Wipe cache and dalvik cache first.....you may have to wipe everything...hopefully you have a backup
Last edited by epic4GEE; 1st November 2012 at 05:30 AM. Reason: bad reply
1st November 2012, 04:04 AM |#7  
DrgnRebrn's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Salt Lake City
Thanks Meter: 345
 
More
Volume up+home+power while turning on. Hold down all three until you see the blue flash at the top-left of the boot up screen, then release. Your recovery will load after that.

ROM - OdexedBlue
Baseband - LI3
Kernel - Stock LI3
XDA Premium - Support our developers, modders, themers, and other contributors!
The Following User Says Thank You to DrgnRebrn For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st November 2012, 05:28 AM |#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 102
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrgnRebrn

Volume up+home+power while turning on. Hold down all three until you see the blue flash at the top-left of the boot up screen, then release. Your recovery will load after that.

ROM - OdexedBlue
Baseband - LI3
Kernel - Stock LI3
XDA Premium - Support our developers, modders, themers, and other contributors!

What I get for trying to help someone when I'm driving on my short azz lunch break...duh his phone couldn't boot how would he use the reboot menu lol
The Following User Says Thank You to epic4GEE For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st November 2012, 12:50 PM |#9  
KennyG123's Avatar
RC-RT & Moderator Committees / Spider-Mod
Flag Right behind you!
Thanks Meter: 29,463
 
Donate to Me
More
Please read forum rules before posting
Questions go in Q&A
Thread moved
Thank you for your cooperation
Friendly Neighborhood Moderator
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes