XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

htc EVO 3D display / digitizer failure.

Tip us?

jdawglx01
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by p3tr0s View Post
good luck with that policy.... they're now sending my 5th refurb. when i talked to them about the new phone policy they offered me an evo 4g, shift, epic (original), or conquer. i am not too happy....

i totally forgot about the galaxy nexus but when i asked them about the sgs 2 they said that it wasn't on their list. i asked her how the phones on their list are similarly specd to an evo 3d and she tried to tell me they all have ICS...
LOL right... And my Pentium 4 work computer is running Windows 7 totally the same LMAO
Sprint LG Optimus G

jean15paul
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
good luck with that policy.... they're now sending my 5th refurb. when i talked to them about the new phone policy they offered me an evo 4g, shift, epic (original), or conquer. i am not too happy....

i totally forgot about the galaxy nexus but when i asked them about the sgs 2 they said that it wasn't on their list. i asked her how the phones on their list are similarly specd to an evo 3d and she tried to tell me they all have ICS...
You should go back with a list of specs. I think everything they offered is only single core. That's probably enough right there to let them know that you know what you're talking about and that they are full of $#!T.

After my third replacement the manager offered me a GS2. I told him I didn't like TouchWiz and he immediately understood. (Fortunately he was an android guy.) He told me that he couldn't offer an Evo LTE, so I ask about a GNEX. He didn't even hesitate.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

p3tr0s
Old
Thanks Meter 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by jean15paul View Post
You should go back with a list of specs. I think everything they offered is only single core. That's probably enough right there to let them know that you know what you're talking about and that they are full of $#!T.

After my third replacement the manager offered me a GS2. I told him I didn't like TouchWiz and he immediately understood. (Fortunately he was an android guy.) He told me that he couldn't offer an Evo LTE, so I ask about a GNEX. He didn't even hesitate.

i actually tried that.... even citing that the evo 4g is the first evo and the only one of the bunch that has the same size screen. every phone listed is single core and half the ram. not to mention that i'm pretty sure not a single one on the list runs 4.0 (like i care with sites like xda). she still argued that they were comparable phones and that was all they could offer. as info, i just got the latest and the cover won't seat on the top left corner, the glass is raised up like a mofo, the camera button feels like it's gonna fall out, and i can't feel the power button clicking. i know it's not a new phone but my biggest concern is the movement on the screen when i press down. if it breaks because they don't know how to put a phone together it suddenly becomes my fault. anyways.... i did the whole email dan@sprint.com thing and they are trying to get a hold of me i guess. i'll post back with what i find out.

on a side note, hows the battery life on that nexus? i have a friend that has the verizon one and it completely sucks balls compared to my 3d's battery. i would love to have one.... but not when the battery drops like ten percent an hour while its sleeping (his nexus is seriously that bad)

jean15paul
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
i actually tried that.... even citing that the evo 4g is the first evo and the only one of the bunch that has the same size screen. every phone listed is single core and half the ram. not to mention that i'm pretty sure not a single one on the list runs 4.0 (like i care with sites like xda). she still argued that they were comparable phones and that was all they could offer. as info, i just got the latest and the cover won't seat on the top left corner, the glass is raised up like a mofo, the camera button feels like it's gonna fall out, and i can't feel the power button clicking. i know it's not a new phone but my biggest concern is the movement on the screen when i press down. if it breaks because they don't know how to put a phone together it suddenly becomes my fault. anyways.... i did the whole email dan@sprint.com thing and they are trying to get a hold of me i guess. i'll post back with what i find out.

on a side note, hows the battery life on that nexus? i have a friend that has the verizon one and it completely sucks balls compared to my 3d's battery. i would love to have one.... but not when the battery drops like ten percent an hour while its sleeping (his nexus is seriously that bad)
Battery life is decent, similar to my experience with the Evo 3D. I have the 2100 mAh battery. I keep background data and auto sync on, but I keep my brightness really low. I usually get about 3.5 - 4 hours of screen on time. That doesn't last me a whole day because I'm a pretty heavy user, but I keep chargers at work and in the car.

I'm curious how big of a hit the LTE will be when it gets turned on her in New Orleans. I'm guessing his battery life is bad because he keeps LTE on.

m4xwellmurd3r
Old
Thanks Meter 51
:sigh: my girlfriends evo 3d's digitizer is starting to go wonky, the problem is the left side of the bezel has completely gotten itself unglued (phone hasn't been dropped, but shows signs of wearing from being in her purse. I haven't asked sprint if they'll replace it or repair it, so I think I might just bite the bullet, spend 90 bucks, and replace the whole front housing assembly (lcd, digitizer and all that) Durapower Global sells them and from the looks of it it's a pretty simple task.

p3tr0s
Old
Thanks Meter 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by jean15paul View Post
Battery life is decent, similar to my experience with the Evo 3D. I have the 2100 mAh battery. I keep background data and auto sync on, but I keep my brightness really low. I usually get about 3.5 - 4 hours of screen on time. That doesn't last me a whole day because I'm a pretty heavy user, but I keep chargers at work and in the car.

I'm curious how big of a hit the LTE will be when it gets turned on her in New Orleans. I'm guessing his battery life is bad because he keeps LTE on.

I'm curious about it too.... When I lived in a 4g area I left it on all the time and noticed a minimal hit in battery life.

Anyways... Sprint is now sending me my 6th refurbed 3d. I refuse to accept the phones they're offering because I refuse to downgrade just because sprint can't send out a properly refurbished device. Anyways... No luck on a decent swap from sprint yet.

Sent from my PG86100

pepe86
Old
Thanks Meter 0
My gf has had the same probs. She is on her 4th 3D

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Vanilla Bear
Old
Thanks Meter 1
My EVO 3D got back from the service a few days ago. As far as I can see they changed not only the digitizer but also the display and the front cover (the orginal had some scratches, so good for me). Of course the phantom touches issue has been solved. Hope it won't come back.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using xda app-developers app

Tags
3vo, digitizer, display, evo3d, failure