Okay, everyone, we are getting ready for release.
However, there are a few points everyone has to understand, so I'll publish them prior to the official launch to get a bit more attention.
First of all, a huge thanks to my beta testers and tutorial authors: (alphabetical order)
- Fernando sor
- il Duce
Those guys earned my trust and did the major work on writing all the nice guides and tutorials on the all new VTS website (more on that later).
Let's have a look at the new key features being added in this release:
- VTS is now able to decompile m10 images. This means everyone can do skins for HTC Sense devices
- Navigatin in XML documents is much easier now. Simply hold CTRL and click on any reference inside a XML document to jump to the source
- The content of smali documents gets automatically checked for syntax errors now. Live. And in color.
- We worked hard to provide you useful guides and tutorials on the new website. Additionally, VTS has a (little) help system built in. These are short explanations for a few key features. You can find everything related to "Help" in the new Help tab.
- It seems nobody saw the potential of the old "Backup" feature, so in this version I added an additional window to easily compare different projects, folders and files. This comes in super handy when porting all kinds of stuff to new apk/jar versions for example.
Okay, so, this is only a super short list of new features, the full list of changes (almost 2 pages long) can be found (as always) here:
A few additional notes:
- I changed the license system a bit to help those that had to start VTS with admin rights to find the license. However, to fully use that fix, you need to activate your license in VTS again. Have a look at your license email if you don't remember anymore how to do that.
- This release should fully support Windows 8. There's a little glitch in the "View tab" where one checkbox is a bit cut off, but I'll fix that with the next version.
- Speaking of the next version.... This is the last release with support for Windows XP. The next version (the one after the the one that will be released shortly ) won't suppor XP anymore. So if you are still using XP (shame on you ), remember to not update after this release.
- Despite having fixed the admin issue with licenses, it still seems that VTS needs admin rights for certain other things. If something goes weirdly wrong, try restarting VTS with admin rights.