Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,027 Members 47,853 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] HTC One X AT&T Music Player issue.

Tip us?
johnbyebye Old
(Last edited by johnbyebye; 24th October 2012 at 01:32 AM.)
#1  
Guest
Thanks Meter
Posts: n/a
Thumbs down [Q] HTC One X AT&T Music Player issue.

Hi everyone. I just got an HTC One X on AT&T today from the store. Up until today I had owned an SIII also from AT&T. The music player on the SIII kept freezing and the auto correct wasn't working so I changed to the One X. I listen to music a lot on my phones so I expect the music player to be reliable. Anyway, the music player on the HTC One X is great, however, it's been skipping to the next track without my touching the screen before the current song is finished. I was questioning my sanity because I figured maybe I was bumping the screen, but the player just skipped to the next song a few minutes ago and my hand was nowhere near it. Has anyone else had this issue and is there a way to eliminate it?

Naturally, this is somewhat discouraging as I've only had the phone for a matter of hours. A friend of mine is pressuring me to get an iPhone 5 (blasphemy!) and I'm actually considering getting one since android is clearly not cutting it at the moment. I understand there are other music players on the market but the simple reality of it is that I shouldn't have to download a 3rd party music app, plus, I actually like the stock app.

Thanks for reading!

EDIT: My library is all MP3 files, not an internet radio type thing if it wasn't obvious. The skipping doesn't happen too often, maybe a few times an hour. Beats audio is enabled when this happens, I haven't tried without.
 
dilip437
Old
#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Bangalore
Default Same Problem!

I have the same problem, when I'm listening to music the voice dialer suddenly pops up and starts dialing numbers from my call history to recent dialed or received numbers. this is so irritating. I installed an app called "headset Blocker" from Google play, it stopped the problem. But my question is why doesn't this phone support other companies earphones? And also whenever I put my headset into it, it displays the symbol of a headphone with mic, is it normal? If not what is the solution to this?
 
redpoint73
Old
(Last edited by redpoint73; 2nd November 2012 at 08:53 PM.)
#3  
redpoint73's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2827
Posts: 6,400
Join Date: Oct 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbyebye View Post
Naturally, this is somewhat discouraging as I've only had the phone for a matter of hours. A friend of mine is pressuring me to get an iPhone 5 (blasphemy!) and I'm actually considering getting one since android is clearly not cutting it at the moment.
The reply above also raises an interesting point. Are you listening with headphones that have controls? Could you be pressing them, to make the track skip? If they are headphones meant for an iPhone, the buttons may not be doing what you think they should. Or their might be a short in the headset or the headset jack on the phone, that is making the phone think you are pressing the headset button. Have you tried another set of headphones, or listening on the phone's speaker?

Otherwise, try a factory reset, and if that doesn't solve it, swap it for a new one. Its not Android itself, I've never had this problem. Just a hardware or software defect with your particular handset, which can happen on any device, including the iPhone.



---------- Post added at 03:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:38 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilip437 View Post
But my question is why doesn't this phone support other companies earphones?
What do you mean by "support"? Do you mean, why don't the control buttons work on some headsets? Its because those controls were designed to work for an iPhone. Unfortunately, there aren't many headphones with buttons that work on Android out-of-the-box, but the mic should work fine (as well as the earphone audio, of course).

If you are trying to use a headset designed for the iPhone, and want the buttons to work, try this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...also_installed


Quote:
Originally Posted by dilip437 View Post
And also whenever I put my headset into it, it displays the symbol of a headphone with mic, is it normal?
Yes, that is normal. All it means is that headphones are attached. A bit obvious (as in, why do you need an icon to tell you that?). But intentional, nonetheless.
Please click the "Thanks" button if you found a post helpful!

Phone: AT&T HTC One (M8)

Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 (WiFi only)
johnbyebye Old
(Last edited by johnbyebye; 3rd November 2012 at 02:17 AM.)
#4  
Guest
Thanks Meter
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint73 View Post
The reply above also raises an interesting point. Are you listening with headphones that have controls? Could you be pressing them, to make the track skip? If they are headphones meant for an iPhone, the buttons may not be doing what you think they should. Or their might be a short in the headset or the headset jack on the phone, that is making the phone think you are pressing the headset button. Have you tried another set of headphones, or listening on the phone's speaker?

Otherwise, try a factory reset, and if that doesn't solve it, swap it for a new one. Its not Android itself, I've never had this problem. Just a hardware or software defect with your particular handset, which can happen on any device, including the iPhone.

Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it.

I am using a pair of Sennheiser headphones, there are no controls on them. I performed a hard reset but the problem persists although less frequently. Do you still think I should exchange it for a new one? Since you brought up software defects, I will add that when I restart the phone or power it off, then back on; when I unlock the screen the dialer is shown instead of the home screen. This only happens during the first unlock, so to speak, after restarting. Of course I just press the Home key to get back to the home screen, but it's still a nuisance.
 
dilip437
Old
#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Bangalore
Default No controls in my earphone.

No, I'm not using earphones with controls. I'm just using an earphone I got from my previous android phone because the At&t version of HTC One X did NOT come with earphones. But I must say, when I listen to music without the earphones, everything is perfect, but when I insert my earphone the voice dialer keeps popping up, the clarity of music deteriorates, tracks go forward and backward and what not. This is also happening while watching videos using earphones. That is why I asked if this phone supports all standard 3.5mm jack earphones or only HTC earphones.
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes