Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,086 Members 54,155 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How To: Overclock Your Droid Bionic Video Tutorial! OPPtimizer Projekt

Tip us?

skay
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cris_C View Post
If you want to OC, go here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1754888
I'm OC'd @ 1.3gh right now, so it should work for you.
Thanks for the help. I am still stuck, downloaded the zip files but realized I cannot install these directly from stock recovery on ICS OTA (I am rooted). I saw that ClockworkMod Recovery allows installs of non-moto signed zipfiles so I tried installing that from ClockworkMod ROM Manager. The CW recovery install doesn't show any errors but upon rebooting I only see stock recovery? Am I missing something or is there a special procedure to install CWM Recovery on the ICS OTA release? I think I can get through the OC install procedure once I get a recovery app that allows installing the OC zip packages.
Verizon LG G2 on 24A OTA, LG G Pad 8.3 WiFi, Droid Bionic, Droid X. Java/C++ development for mobile devices.

Cris_C
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by skay View Post
Thanks for the help. I am still stuck, downloaded the zip files but realized I cannot install these directly from stock recovery on ICS OTA (I am rooted). I saw that ClockworkMod Recovery allows installs of non-moto signed zipfiles so I tried installing that from ClockworkMod ROM Manager. The CW recovery install doesn't show any errors but upon rebooting I only see stock recovery? Am I missing something or is there a special procedure to install CWM Recovery on the ICS OTA release? I think I can get through the OC install procedure once I get a recovery app that allows installing the OC zip packages.
Sorry buddy I'm not sure if you have to do something differently with CWM; I installed mine via Safestrap. Try removing CWM and install Safestrap, then try flashing the zip's. Let me know if that works out.