Project Ara Smartphone Will Run Modified Android L with Hot Swapping

Project Ara is a very exciting topic–both for hardware and … more

Streamline Android Theme Customization with Graphic Porter

I dont have a custom theme on my Android phone, and the reason for this is because … more

Boost the Brightness of Your Sony Xperia Z1’s LED

I think the last time anyone has ever used a physical torch to find their earphones, … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: Modify the Look of Your Volume Control – XDA TV

How many screenshots have you seen with a volume status bar in the … more

How To: Overclock Your Droid Bionic Video Tutorial! OPPtimizer Projekt

2nd November 2012, 10:37 PM   |  #31  
Flag Princeton. MA
Thanks Meter: 9

59 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cris_C

If you want to OC, go here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1754888
I'm OC'd @ 1.3gh right now, so it should work for you.

Thanks for the help. I am still stuck, downloaded the zip files but realized I cannot install these directly from stock recovery on ICS OTA (I am rooted). I saw that ClockworkMod Recovery allows installs of non-moto signed zipfiles so I tried installing that from ClockworkMod ROM Manager. The CW recovery install doesn't show any errors but upon rebooting I only see stock recovery? Am I missing something or is there a special procedure to install CWM Recovery on the ICS OTA release? I think I can get through the OC install procedure once I get a recovery app that allows installing the OC zip packages.
4th November 2012, 01:59 AM   |  #32  
Flag Denver, CO
Thanks Meter: 2

61 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skay

Thanks for the help. I am still stuck, downloaded the zip files but realized I cannot install these directly from stock recovery on ICS OTA (I am rooted). I saw that ClockworkMod Recovery allows installs of non-moto signed zipfiles so I tried installing that from ClockworkMod ROM Manager. The CW recovery install doesn't show any errors but upon rebooting I only see stock recovery? Am I missing something or is there a special procedure to install CWM Recovery on the ICS OTA release? I think I can get through the OC install procedure once I get a recovery app that allows installing the OC zip packages.

Sorry buddy I'm not sure if you have to do something differently with CWM; I installed mine via Safestrap. Try removing CWM and install Safestrap, then try flashing the zip's. Let me know if that works out.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread