[ROM][Official]MyTouch4G Slide CyanogenMod 10 20130101 (Alpha 3) - 4.1.2

Search This thread

kornyone

Retired Recognized Developer
Aug 26, 2008
Mountain View, CA
github.com
CyanogenMod 10 is a free, community built distribution of Android 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

This is an alpha release, but you should find it stable for everyday use.

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */
This is an alpha, with most critical functionality working.

TeamDS is working on porting Jellybean to the HTC Doubleshot (CM10 in specific). We have a reasonably well working Alpha we would like to share with the community for testing. Feedback is appreciated. If a timely response is not found here, we can be located on Freenode in #teamds.

INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Unlock/root your device and install Clockwork Recovery via ROM Manager.
2. Do a Nandroid backup!
3. WIPE Data/Cache** (You can try to NOT WIPE, it works for me, but recommended wipe).
4. Install the ROM
5. Optionally install the Google Apps

HOW TO REPORT BUGS OR PROBLEMS?
- Was your problem a hard reboot? Get us the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
- Was your problem a soft reboot or a "boot loop"? Run "adb logcat" and get the full output.
- Pastebin links preferred.
- Join #TeamDS on Freenode to talk to us directly.

Direct download URL: http://www.jeago.com/doubleshot/cm-10-20130101-UNOFFICIAL-doubleshot.zip

20130101 build MD5: b661a782c6f2fed26f9c21f2af39f1de
(hosted by Jeagoss of CyanogenMod, thanks!)

You can find the latest CyanogenMod GAPPS CyanogenMod Wiki. Bottom of page, "CyanogenMod 10" GAPPS.

Thank you to EVERYONE involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging and documenting! Enjoy!

Alpha name explanation.
"Alpha 3" has all the features of Alpha 2 (kernel/device), but the camera works. Also, the vendor blobs have been reduced and some replaced for optimal performance.

"Alpha 2" was the rebased 'common' kernel, rebased device trees. It provided a 3.0.53 kernel. The camera locking was broken.

"Alpha 1" was with a "KANG" kernel that ultimately was not very clean and had a lot of issues to resolve. It was also older (3.0.36 compared to 3.0.53).

----- CHANGES -----
Build 20130101 -- Alpha 3
Changes:
- Kernel rebase found in Alpha 2
- Fixes to the camera preventing the locking issue. Camera should be solid again!
- Contains functional Alt/Shift key LEDS, working www./.com button
- Restructured 'blobs' files, such as mpdecision and htcbatt.
(I have found improved battery statistics and usability with the blob changes.)
Happy New Year!

Bugs
* Chrome and Panorama Camera PREVIEW continues to be a little glitchy graphically, I have been told this is a common MSM8660 issue. They both still work, but it's annoying visually.
* Please report your results, and if you can capture /proc/last_kmsg when it happens, it would be hugely appreciated!

Historical

Build 20121222 -- Alpha 2
Changes:
This build has a somewhat new kernel base, as it's from a more up to date AOSP source which tbalden used when he ported our v2.6 kernel to v3.0 earlier in the year. It is a work in progress, but complete enough to warrant a release and more testing.

Build 20121121 -- Second public alpha (V 1.01)
- Upstream CM10 changes. No other large changes of note from previous 20121103 build pertaining to Doubleshot.

Build 20121121 (Alpha 1):
- Jellybeans!!1
- Updated kernel base to v3.0.48.
- Updated keylayout. NEEDS MORE WORK.

Please note flashing someone else's kernel may ruin your experience with this rom and I advise against it. This rom was a joint effort between kornyone & tbalden. A LOT of core works for msm8660 was put in by many CM Team members, and much of our work is based on their: toastcfh, Kali-, Kmobs, Bumblebee, cretin45, and all of the rest of CM!

A personal shoutout (THANKS!) is due to these individuals for their dedication to the HTC Doubleshot:
Stefan Seidel, Pál Zoltán Illés, and thanks to scverhagen of Github for keeping the kernel maintained!

THANKS to intervillium/intervigil for keeping the common HTC MSM8660 AOSP kernel up to date so many of our HTC MSM8660 phones are based on now in the Open Source community!

You can get all of the Doubleshot source from the following URLs:
TeamDS Github

CyanogenMod source is available from CyanogenMod Github
If you'd like to to contribute to CyanogenMod, checkout our Gerrit instance.

20130101 -- Alpha 3 -- http://www.jeago.com/doubleshot/cm-10-20130101-UNOFFICIAL-doubleshot.zip
20121222 -- Alpha 2 -- http://www.jeago.com/doubleshot/cm-10-20121222-UNOFFICIAL-doubleshot.zip
20121121 -- Alpha 1.01 -- http://www.jeago.com/doubleshot/cm-10-20121121-UNOFFICIAL-doubleshot.zip
20121103 -- Alpha 1.0 -- http://www.jeago.com/doubleshot/cm-10-20121103-UNOFFICIAL-doubleshot.zip

Last edited:

JtotheC

Jan 28, 2011
Gladstone
On it. Thanks again for all of your work! if it weren't for the few devs working on this phone, mine would have an inferiority complex.

Jeff

WeekendsR2Short

Nov 18, 2011
Cleveland, Tn
The webpage cannot be found

HTTP 404

Most likely causes:
•There might be a typing error in the address.
•If you clicked on a link, it may be out of date.

What you can try:

Retype the address.

Go back to the previous page.

Go to and look for the information you want.

More information

kornyone

Retired Recognized Developer
Aug 26, 2008
Mountain View, CA
github.com
I never left. I won't be abandoning the Doubleshot anytime soon, even though I have a new daily (Samsung Galaxy Relay 4g) -- because my wife bought a brand new Doubleshot from T-Mobile just before they canceled them about 4 months ago.

I made no noticeable updates in months (about two) due to training for my new gig, which required 6 weeks on site in San Antonio (I live in Austin). Life has been a roller coaster. I also have hacked a few other devices, and I have too many projects now.

I drew a sadface in how the CM ROM thread splintered and fragmented on XDA. I guess I never made a post about CM9 Stable 9.1.0, which was released to http://get.cm (look for Doubleshot). That was 8/29. Also, just this week, I got Doubleshot in the lunch menu for Jenkins auto builds for CM9, so weekly CM9 builds for the Doubleshot are officially official.

Still, I am (almost always) in #teamds on Freenode. Also #cyanogenmod, #cyanogenmod-dev, etc.

Thanks for the support all. I have been hacking the Doubleshot since September last year. I ported CM7 to it, then CM9, and now CM10. tbalden was a monster and really helped us a lot with our v3 kernel most roms are using now.

blackknightavalon

Feb 1, 2009
Somewhere in NYC
I never left. I won't be abandoning the Doubleshot anytime soon, even though I have a new daily (Samsung Galaxy Relay 4g) -- because my wife bought a brand new Doubleshot from T-Mobile just before they canceled them about 4 months ago.

I made no noticeable updates in months (about two) due to training for my new gig, which required 6 weeks on site in San Antonio (I live in Austin). Life has been a roller coaster. I also have hacked a few other devices, and I have too many projects now.

I drew a sadface in how the CM ROM thread splintered and fragmented on XDA. I guess I never made a post about CM9 Stable 9.1.0, which was released to http://get.cm (look for Doubleshot). That was 8/29. Also, just this week, I got Doubleshot in the lunch menu for Jenkins auto builds for CM9, so weekly CM9 builds for the Doubleshot are officially official.

Still, I am (almost always) in #teamds on Freenode. Also #cyanogenmod, #cyanogenmod-dev, etc.

Thanks for the support all. I have been hacking the Doubleshot since September last year. I ported CM7 to it, then CM9, and now CM10. tbalden was a monster and really helped us a lot with our v3 kernel most roms are using now.

I was wondering who released that on ROM Manager...

scverhagen

Oct 15, 2008
Chicago Suburbs
Also, just this week, I got Doubleshot in the lunch menu for Jenkins auto builds for CM9, so weekly CM9 builds for the Doubleshot are officially official.
This is great news. I'll submit fixes for CM9 via gerrit review and encourage everyone to download the nightly builds instead.

I will continue to maintain a kernel for the doubleshot.

Thanks for the hard work!

abnormalreply

Sep 1, 2012
New York City
some bugs

So I just flashed this (full wipe, data, cache, dalvik), and I can confirm some weird stuff with the panorama shot. There's a lot of flickering in panorama mode and while capturing a panoramic shot, but the picture turns out fine (normal pictures seem to look even better than in CM9.1 though.) The main reason I can't keep this ROM right now though is because the ALT key doesn't work in browser fields. It works in the address bar and in apps on the phone (searching contacts, text message fields, etc.), but not on text fields in the browser such as on Google, Youtube, or typing in passwords, so I can't access the secondary functions of the keys. Other than that, it seems very stable. Did not experience a reboot/boot loop, or force close. Wifi and BT tethering seems to be working fine for the brief period I tested it. But I think I'm gonna stick CM9.1 for now.

edit: also, no face unlock? not an issue for me, but I think some people like to have/prefer it.
edit again: the ALT key does work but you have to hold it while typing out your secondary characters. so no two press to lock it in "ALT mode"

Last edited:

wiswis

Aug 17, 2011
I was thinking of switching to an iphone, but this rom is giving new life to my phone. Thanks!

Sent from my HTC MyTouch 4G Slide using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: strapped365

anitgandhi

Oct 8, 2011
dsp manager seems to be fixed here! thanks for all the hard work kornyone and the rest of teamds!

this is so smooth! and as some people said above, caps/alt is working fine, www/com button acts like a space bar.

can we use ics (especially scverhagen's) kernels with this?

and i know this is probably jumping the gun a bit, but since bruce2728 over on the sensation xda page just fixed 1080p (and many other small bugs the sensation experienced, and therefore we probably will do), is it potentially possible to fix it on ours down the line? not asking for it be actually fixed right now, just seeing if its possible...

thanks again for all the great work!

Reactions: gtmaster303

gtmaster303

Oct 19, 2010
I'm doing everything I can to get you guys a forum going for the Relay.I've contacted mods, spammed the new device request thread, and rallied everyone to do the same. If you know any mods or higher ups that can get you guys up and running, I suggest you do so. They have active development going on and they BADLY need a forum
Glad to see the fresh work :good:

Reactions: sino8r

sino8r

Sep 7, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
The only problem with the hardware keyboard I found on this ROM is the www/com button not working, but I'm used to this one from the CM9 alpha builds. I haven't tested out the camera yet, even though this is the camera I use.

I think they have a JBcamera+ app with more features (additional filters to be exact). ICS+ is what I use as well... best stock-ish one around;)

I was thinking of switching to an iphone, but this rom is giving new life to my phone. Thanks!

Sent from my HTC MyTouch 4G Slide using Tapatalk 2

Good to hear! Don't make us b*tch slap you back into reality lol! That's a bad word around here... You have way better options like the Samsung Galaxy Relay, Note II, and new Nexuseseses coming!

I'm doing everything I can to get you guys a forum going for the Relay.I've contacted mods, spammed the new device request thread, and rallied everyone to do the same. If you know any mods or higher ups that can get you guys up and running, I suggest you do so. They have active development going on and they BADLY need a forum
Glad to see the fresh work :good:

Nice! They need some support! Alot of 'em are our fellow subforum members (G2/MT4GS) and deserve their own forum. I would have gotten one myself if I wasn't so spoiled by our awesome camera and prettier housing. The Note 2 will probably be my next one when I can get some spare cash. Although, I have to admit.... I am still digging our DS and enjoying having CM9 so stable thanks to kornyone, scverhagen, and others. Makes sense to move on to CM10 once resources were available and am dying to see if project butter makes a true impact as far as performance goes on our device. Will have to check this puppy out shortly!

seancojr

Jan 25, 2007
Memphis
This is perfect timing since I was just about to wipe my rom and reinstall it. I've been sitting on the side lines reading about all the love that JB users received. I may finally get to experience the same, after all.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod 10 is a free, community built distribution of Android 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

This is an alpha release, but you should find it stable for everyday use.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */
    This is an alpha, with most critical functionality working.

TeamDS is working on porting Jellybean to the HTC Doubleshot (CM10 in specific). We have a reasonably well working Alpha we would like to share with the community for testing. Feedback is appreciated. If a timely response is not found here, we can be located on Freenode in #teamds.

INSTRUCTIONS:
    1. Unlock/root your device and install Clockwork Recovery via ROM Manager.
    2. Do a Nandroid backup!
    3. WIPE Data/Cache** (You can try to NOT WIPE, it works for me, but recommended wipe).
    4. Install the ROM
    5. Optionally install the Google Apps

HOW TO REPORT BUGS OR PROBLEMS?
    - Was your problem a hard reboot? Get us the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
    - Was your problem a soft reboot or a "boot loop"? Run "adb logcat" and get the full output.
    - Pastebin links preferred.
    - Join #TeamDS on Freenode to talk to us directly.

Direct download URL: http://www.jeago.com/doubleshot/cm-10-20130101-UNOFFICIAL-doubleshot.zip

20130101 build MD5: b661a782c6f2fed26f9c21f2af39f1de
    (hosted by Jeagoss of CyanogenMod, thanks!)

You can find the latest CyanogenMod GAPPS CyanogenMod Wiki. Bottom of page, "CyanogenMod 10" GAPPS.

Thank you to EVERYONE involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging and documenting! Enjoy!

Alpha name explanation.
    "Alpha 3" has all the features of Alpha 2 (kernel/device), but the camera works. Also, the vendor blobs have been reduced and some replaced for optimal performance.

"Alpha 2" was the rebased 'common' kernel, rebased device trees. It provided a 3.0.53 kernel. The camera locking was broken.

"Alpha 1" was with a "KANG" kernel that ultimately was not very clean and had a lot of issues to resolve. It was also older (3.0.36 compared to 3.0.53).

----- CHANGES -----
    Build 20130101 -- Alpha 3
    Changes:
    - Kernel rebase found in Alpha 2
    - Fixes to the camera preventing the locking issue. Camera should be solid again!
    - Contains functional Alt/Shift key LEDS, working www./.com button
    - Restructured 'blobs' files, such as mpdecision and htcbatt.
    (I have found improved battery statistics and usability with the blob changes.)
    Happy New Year!

Bugs
    * Chrome and Panorama Camera PREVIEW continues to be a little glitchy graphically, I have been told this is a common MSM8660 issue. They both still work, but it's annoying visually.
    * Please report your results, and if you can capture /proc/last_kmsg when it happens, it would be hugely appreciated!

Historical

Build 20121222 -- Alpha 2
    Changes:
    This build has a somewhat new kernel base, as it's from a more up to date AOSP source which tbalden used when he ported our v2.6 kernel to v3.0 earlier in the year. It is a work in progress, but complete enough to warrant a release and more testing.

Build 20121121 -- Second public alpha (V 1.01)
    - Upstream CM10 changes. No other large changes of note from previous 20121103 build pertaining to Doubleshot.

Build 20121121 (Alpha 1):
    - Jellybeans!!1
    - Updated kernel base to v3.0.48.
    - Updated keylayout. NEEDS MORE WORK.

Please note flashing someone else's kernel may ruin your experience with this rom and I advise against it. This rom was a joint effort between kornyone & tbalden. A LOT of core works for msm8660 was put in by many CM Team members, and much of our work is based on their: toastcfh, Kali-, Kmobs, Bumblebee, cretin45, and all of the rest of CM!

A personal shoutout (THANKS!) is due to these individuals for their dedication to the HTC Doubleshot:
    Stefan Seidel, Pál Zoltán Illés, and thanks to scverhagen of Github for keeping the kernel maintained!

THANKS to intervillium/intervigil for keeping the common HTC MSM8660 AOSP kernel up to date so many of our HTC MSM8660 phones are based on now in the Open Source community!

You can get all of the Doubleshot source from the following URLs:
    TeamDS Github

CyanogenMod source is available from CyanogenMod Github
    If you'd like to to contribute to CyanogenMod, checkout our Gerrit instance.

20130101 -- Alpha 3 -- http://www.jeago.com/doubleshot/cm-10-20130101-UNOFFICIAL-doubleshot.zip
    20121222 -- Alpha 2 -- http://www.jeago.com/doubleshot/cm-10-20121222-UNOFFICIAL-doubleshot.zip
    20121121 -- Alpha 1.01 -- http://www.jeago.com/doubleshot/cm-10-20121121-UNOFFICIAL-doubleshot.zip
    20121103 -- Alpha 1.0 -- http://www.jeago.com/doubleshot/cm-10-20121103-UNOFFICIAL-doubleshot.zip
    This thread is titled "Official" for a reason :)

I am the official CM Maintainer for HTC Doubleshot (http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/wiki/Community_Members), and have been since September last year. It's been a bumpy ride due to how hacked up our phone is. We are carrying over Gingerbread blobs from Sense, ICS blobs from Pyramid for a lot of things, and JB blobs from CAF for graphics.

Speaking of hacked up -- The reason intervigilium posted Doubleshot should be coming soon on that pull request is we are working together on this effort.

The TeamDS repos for this project up til now (which was staging for CM Gerrit) will likely be obsolete going forward. I am now working with intervigilium on a new Github Org. for making Doubleshot/Pyramid/Shooter/Hoiday/etc (HTC MSM8660 common devices) use as much common stuff as possible.

This is to make sure our Doubleshot, and those other devices, are sustainable long term.

Alpha 2.0 was the first release from this work. At the time, it still used TeamDS repos.

As of two nights ago, I made the local change to the "htc-msm8660" common repos, and my build on my phone is using those repos (with some patches from CM gerrit). I removed about 10 unneeded blobs, and updated a few. Overall, my Doubleshot is operating well, and I am considering releasing a new Alpha to continue the testing process.

Going forward, look for staging CM commits to go here -- https://github.com/htc-msm8660

You will notice Doubleshot is all updated.

Here's the current local_manifest.xml:
    https://gist.github.com/3986406

If you use the CyanogenMod/android_kernel_htc_msm8660 kernel, you will need these patches. They should soon be approved.

http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/29021/ for keypad
    http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/29022/ & http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/29020/ for camera

Like I said, I will likely put up a new alpha later for testing, I will run one more clean build tonight for freshness sake.
    Hi all,
    I have dropped off for a while. I have some serious health issues, which I am not yet past. I hope to get back to this before long, but a break is in order.

Thanks for your support.
    As far as "Alpha", "RC", etc -- I didn't put much thought into that. I just knew it was stable enough to warrant further testing. I actually wanted to just leave a datestamp on it as a formal marker, and not call it anything at all.

I have been criticized for my release cycles in the past, and the fact I "fall off" or disappear from time to time. I guess I should put it out there once....

* I believe highly in quality releases and software revision. While something I release or push may contain a bug(s), it's likely not dangerous or unusable. It will not cripple your phone and it's not for show. For example: I am porting the ApexQ as well. I focused on the Doubleshot since I got RIL working last week, but no audio. That's not worth releasing. Same deal with the NexusQ -- I never open sourced that project or released a build for others to use, because it's not complete (without audio, the NexusQ is pretty pointless). I hack these devices because I want them to be better. Coming to the forums tends to be an afterthought.

* I am Bipolar I, and most of my productivity comes in binges. When productive, I am generally wrapped up in (positive) mania, and have some free time. I get on a roll, and things click (hyperfocused). Other times, I fight with depression and the other parts of Bipolar mania. It dictates not just my personality, but my workflow with my offtime.

* Speaking of the NexusQ, ApexQ (Relay 4g), Doubleshot, bipolar mania, working second shift, etc... the Doubleshot doesn't get the attention it deserves from me.

This is why I tried hard and successfully got the Doubleshot in CM Gerrit review. TBalden and I have +2 on the CM Doubleshot repos. We want the community to help with making this phone awesome, as neither of us have the time to do it full time.

I literally brought this phone up to JB/CM10 in the past few days. That was after spending a few days cleaning up stuff in CM9 to make those weekly builds clean, and get it in the jenkins build bot. It's been ready since the 9.1.0 release (8/29). I had not worked on the Doubleshot code in ~3 months (before this week). All this productivity literally came in a short burst on my 'night time', adjusting to being on second shift this week after finally returning home from training 6 weeks and being in hotels.

I came back from the BigAndroidBBQ rejuvenated (two weeks ago). That helped a lot that my training ending, and the BBQ, coincided in time. I was dying to get back to home, family, and hopefully Android.

I cherry-picked scverhagen's kernel repos, only omitting the gpu overclocking and the undervolting changes. The rest is very much the same as his kernel (as of a few days ago). That is in this Alpha build.

I have talked to scverhagen via PM here on XDA, and we are talking about his commits to CM Gerrit. I will be reviewing them, and I suggest everyone who has something to offer to help source builds of Doubleshot be better and knows how -- use the Gerrit review!

I had never talked to scverhagen before I began this thread, but I made sure to thank him in bold in my OP for this thread for keeping our kernel clean and up to date. I hope we can work together with the common goal of making a better Doubleshot experience for all.

Once I can sign off on the kernel changes I made and confirm some of the local hacks I have (if they're in CM or if I need to push changes to Gerrit for that stuff), I will likely create and push the Jellybean branch to official CM repos.

Thanks for all the support, I just want this phone to kick ass :)
    Working on CM10.1

Everything but bluetooth, audio mixers (audio works but uses wrong channels), some games crashing... this thing is solid. I just fixed all the keypad, I am now tracking down the Bluetooth.

I will just leave this here.

** Edit ** Bluetooth works now. Just audio and cam issues to resolve.