Ainol Novo 10 Hero & Novo 7 Fire 2

Search This thread
Jun 27, 2011
Ainol is releasing two new tablets, both of which have a quad-core variant.

Ainol Novo 10 Hero--> Dual Core CPU
Ainol Novo 10 Hero II
Ainol Novo 7 Fire II

Seem like good steals, considering the fact that they are running Quad-core CPU's.

Indeed!

The Novo 10 hero is dual core and will be released next week. Site is running a deal for Novo 10 Hero I now. The Novo 10 Hero II and Fire II (quad core) are still pre-order.

there are two reviews for the novo 10 hero for anyone interested:

Novo 10 Hero Unboxing video
Novo10 Hero In-Action

AaronBronander

Sep 9, 2009
Arlington, TX
My brother has an Ainol elf 3 (ha that name makes me giggle) and he likes it. I used it a bit and I was pleasantly surprised. However, the 7" there isn't much cheaper than a Nexus 7

ShiFuBill

Feb 20, 2010
I think they are only dual-core, and not quad-core, aren't they?

---------- Post added at 03:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:04 PM ----------

Oh, I didn't see @honeycombflytouch3 post. That's nice there will be a quad core soon. I saw Woot had the Ainol Novo 10 on sale two days ago for $195. That seems about the lowest price.

scottyd035ntknow

Dec 8, 2010
Any more word on these? Been kicking around picking up the Novo 10 Captain when it comes out or waiting for the Novo 10 Flame with the IPS display. However, I've heard mixed reviews on the longevity of Ainol tablets and logic problems that come up after awhile. Anyone have any links to reviews or threads of how these things are holding up or know anyone that has an older 7" tablet?

One thing I do agree on is the 7" tablets are kinda meh unless you get one of the <$100 budget units. With the Nexus 7 at $199 it is kind of pointless to get a 7" Ainol IMHO. Where it might make sense would be the 10" variants. For $219 you get something that specs out in the same league as the Nexus 10, Infinity and Ipad 4 for half the price or less. Plus they all have SD card slots which, IMO, makes the Infinity win automatically out of the three mentioned American tablets although they're all made in China too... The Ipad is made in literally the same town in China as the Ainol tablets are.

nitrobg

Sep 3, 2011
Do not forget that these tablets use MediaTek SoC and they will hardly be able to achieve the same performance as Nexus 10 or other competitive products.

These tablets have fairly good support and the source of their OS is public. There are many devs that are working on them, you can see it by yourself on slatedroid.com forums.

scottyd035ntknow

Dec 8, 2010
Do not forget that these tablets use MediaTek SoC and they will hardly be able to achieve the same performance as Nexus 10 or other competitive products.

These tablets have fairly good support and the source of their OS is public. There are many devs that are working on them, you can see it by yourself on slatedroid.com forums.

Yeah I mean even with the Nexus 7 being a smaller tablet and no SDcard slot... with the specs on that thing and cloud storage being available... I dunno I got to play with an Asus Infinity yesterday and man... that thing ROCKS...

weezul

May 29, 2012
Newcastle Upon-Tyne
Currently contemplating ordering an Ainol Novo 10 Hero... I had a Novo 7 Advanced, just sold it. The aftermarket support of the Novo 7 Advanced was very big at the time though, the Slatedroid forums were overflowing with custom roms and stuff, and I put on the latest version of the Gingerbread mod by feyiu before I sold it (Just last night on ebay!) and it got me thinking. I might just get the Hero, I hear the quad core ones might not have great quad core chips, and less efficient graphics chips. I have no desire for games, I just want to use it as a digital sheet music reader with MobileSheets.

Also, ainolstore.com seems to be their actual official shop site now, and the prices are good. They have a fourm now too, so hopefully over time support will increase for the tablets. Some downsides I have heard from reading though, you can't charge Novo 10 Hero through USB, because of the way they have wired up two batteries in series.

getpierced

Apr 1, 2011
just received a hero in the mail. it does not say hero 2, bu tit does say quadcore. confirmed four cores in system panel lite. came from the factory rooted with su already installed

Asenath83

Dec 26, 2008
I got the dual core Ainol Hero a few months ago and it runs very well with cranked_hero from the Slatedroid forums. Initially I was tempted by the quad core version but the dual cores are said to run more stable and the 3rd party ROM support appears to be better.

Top Liked Posts