Ask a question

No registration required

Mobile battery packs

OP DNO1978

2nd November 2012, 01:50 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

19 posts
I'm checking out solutions for mobile battery packs that are compatible with the Tf700. I've just purchased a veho pebble 13,200mah battery (link below if it let's me)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...8A0PCXEMC434RR

While it didn't come with the right adaptor I figured I could work out the various connections. The problem is I've realised it's 16V whereas the original charger is 16v so the question is EVEN if I manage to figure out the connections, would using 16v potentially damage the tablet?

Thoughts appreciated
5th November 2012, 06:53 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 6

10 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNO1978

I'm checking out solutions for mobile battery packs that are compatible with the Tf700. I've just purchased a veho pebble 13,200mah battery (link below if it let's me)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...8A0PCXEMC434RR

While it didn't come with the right adaptor I figured I could work out the various connections. The problem is I've realised it's 16V whereas the original charger is 16v so the question is EVEN if I manage to figure out the connections, would using 16v potentially damage the tablet?

Thoughts appreciated

If it puts out true 16v then it could damage the Infinity. Measure the output voltage of the power pack with a multimeter.

The battery pack that I bought for the TF700 is the Anker Astro3 10000mAh. It has switchable output 5V / 9V / 12V. The TF700 will charge at 12v (car voltage). There was a brief discussion a couple of months ago about battery packs and what you will need:

Previous Discussion: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1924906

David
6th November 2012, 12:34 PM   |  #3  
Flag SF Bay Area
Thanks Meter: 193

1,011 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidHart

...The battery pack that I bought for the TF700 is the Anker Astro3 10000mAh. It has switchable output 5V / 9V / 12V. The TF700 will charge at 12v (car voltage). There was a brief discussion a couple of months ago about battery packs and what you will need:

Previous Discussion: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1924906 ...

I went this route using these USB adapter. Works well. You can use the tablet and phone on it at the same time; I was using my cellphone as a hotspot.
7th November 2012, 08:54 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

19 posts
Thanks for the replies, I had already seen that post but I was hoping to be able to answer the 16v question as I had read in other places that 15v should be okay with 16v. I was hoping to get confirmation either way from someone know knew lots about electronics and voltage.

The main reasons for this are 1) I already have the battery 2) it's a brand I know and trust 3) It has a bigger capacity. However I'm a bit reluctant to using my tablet as an experiment so it's looking increasingly likely I'll have to return the veho pebble and pick up the Anker one.

Out of interest how long does it take to charge the Anker? From what I understand the input is only 5v so I'm guessing it's a good 6-8 hours? Also how long does it take to care the tablet itself?

Thanks
8th November 2012, 05:21 PM   |  #5  
Flag SF Bay Area
Thanks Meter: 193

1,011 posts
More
The first charge takes the longest, which is probably in that eight hour range. I haven't ran the Anker dead yet. I usually charge it back up after I used it, so it's fully changed whether dead or just a little. But it's a few hours.

The tablet takes about three hours or so from completely dead, assuming it's off. You can charge the tablet back up on the Anker.

I don't know about much on the electricity. I'm sure the tablet has a regulator of some sort, but couldn't say if 16v in would fit with in it or not.

There other larger battery packs like Anker. The problem is most don't have a way to put out the amps needed to register a charge for the tablet. Most just have USB ports, and limit the output to the normal .5mha that work with 90% or other usb devices.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread