Learn to Sync Files Between Android And PC with Unison

Dropbox and similar cloud services are great if youre planning to keep your files … more

OnePlus Indian Ban Lifted, Android One Expanding – XDA TV

Android 5.0.1 Lollipop is available for the Nvidia SHIELD Tablet! That and … more

Nvidia and Robotics w/ Barrett Williams – XDA:DevCon 2014

Robotics continues to dominate our videos from this years XDA:DevCon 2014 in … more

Speed Up Deodexing with JoelDroid Batch Deodexer

Android 5.0 Lollipop brings many under-the-hood changes like changing the default compiler … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Voltage issue?

OP aman1127

8th November 2012, 05:00 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 38
 
355 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2008
More
I took my phone out during Sandy (I know dumb) and it got ruined. I got everything dry and now when my phone is below 70% it shuts down as if out of power. It goes into the boot screen, screen then flickers then goes black. It wont boot completely unless it is plugged into AC power. I reflashed rooted FI27 but same issue. Any suggestions?
8th November 2012, 05:25 AM   |  #2  
BluesRulez's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Some where in this universe.
Thanks Meter: 1,984
 
2,483 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aman1127

I took my phone out during Sandy (I know dumb) and it got ruined. I got everything dry and now when my phone is below 70% it shuts down as if out of power. It goes into the boot screen, screen then flickers then goes black. It wont boot completely unless it is plugged into AC power. I reflashed rooted FI27 but same issue. Any suggestions?

Fill a bowl with dry rice. Put your phone in it for 2 days. Not kidding.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda app-developers app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BluesRulez For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th November 2012, 05:49 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 38
 
355 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2008
More
This happened last week, and since the was during the storm I couldn't spare the rice so I left it under a hair dryer on cool for 2 hrs. Its definitely dry but I'm still having my issues

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
8th November 2012, 06:52 AM   |  #4  
BluesRulez's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Some where in this universe.
Thanks Meter: 1,984
 
2,483 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aman1127

This happened last week, and since the was during the storm I couldn't spare the rice so I left it under a hair dryer on cool for 2 hrs. Its definitely dry but I'm still having my issues

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Trust me its not dry by just blowing cool air at it and that too for only 2 hours.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda app-developers app
8th November 2012, 07:09 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 38
 
355 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2008
More
So still not dry from last week?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
8th November 2012, 07:19 AM   |  #6  
BluesRulez's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Some where in this universe.
Thanks Meter: 1,984
 
2,483 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aman1127

So still not dry from last week?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Yes.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 01:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluesRulez

Yes.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda app-developers app

If you think that it is completely dry then there could be irreversible physical damage.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to BluesRulez For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th November 2012, 07:22 AM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 38
 
355 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2008
More
And that's also why my computer won't detect my phone even in Odin?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
8th November 2012, 09:56 AM   |  #8  
Member
Thanks Meter: 13
 
44 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by aman1127

And that's also why my computer won't detect my phone even in Odin?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Spends more time arguing about getting a ziplock of rice than actually getting it.

Facepalm
8th November 2012, 05:33 PM   |  #9  
someguyatx's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Louisville
Thanks Meter: 347
 
1,285 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
More
I thought the above from Blues said put your phone in a bowl of dry ice. I was thinking wtf?

The rice works if its fixable. Or several hours of direct sunlight immediately after it gets wet works too. I'm talking like Texas summer heat sunlight.
8th November 2012, 09:25 PM   |  #10  
sleshepic's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Flag PA
Thanks Meter: 6,780
 
3,792 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
Donate to Me
More
He ideal thing is what had been said, except that ideally the device should be placed in rice, AND not turned on till after the days have passed. Too late for that I guess. But even really bad water damage can be averted by not turning on the device and doing this

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes