$11 Ebay 2 piece ruggedized case review

Search This thread

aquaholik

Oct 28, 2011
Actually it is 3 piece. The pics from the seller looks like a 2 piece but it is hard rubber, followed by a hard plastic front and back that snaps together. The finish on the rubber is not the smoothest. It looks like I got a used case. The finish on the hard plastic is okay. I check for roughness and sharpness before I snap it on the phone.

As far as protection, probably as well as an Otterbox, Seido or Trident but the fit and finish on the other cases are probably much better. Going to keep it for now since I need the drop protection. Volume and power port switch works well and the phone is VERY WELL protected. Also once you snap the case in, it is almost impossible to remove as you can see by the coin mark and the fingernail mark on the hard plastic. Thickness is about the same as the Casemate toughcase on my Epic 4G touch.

Ebay01.jpg

Ebay04.jpg

Ebay03.jpg

ebay02.jpg

Ebay05.jpg

mastergrim8

Nov 8, 2012
NY
Thanks for that insightful review. I got the case in yesterday and I ordered it off some seller in Minnesota. I think it's the closest "rugged" case out there for now until otterbox, trident, or ballistic shows up. I can't wait to snap it on my phone when I finally get my pre-order in on friday (assuming Sandy and the new blizzard doesn't affect shipping)

Hell Guardian

May 4, 2012
Cairo
it has a really bad finish :/
it makes your 700$+ phone looks cheap but as you said until something better comes up its a good case
btw from the pictures i can't tell if it covers the notification light or not, any info on that?

aquaholik

Oct 28, 2011
Link on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Samsung-Gal...493&pid=100015&prg=1006&rk=1&sd=190747766579&

it makes your 700$+ phone looks cheap but as you said until something better comes up its a good case
btw from the pictures i can't tell if it covers the notification light or not, any info on that?

Notification light is not covered. You are correct, it is a very rugged case with a rugged finish. I have to wash my hand before eating since the case is probably made in China and the finish on the rubber is so "dull".

20121108_141912.jpg

So far I have tried:

Samsung original flip cover: Not worth the $32 since it doesn't offer much protection. Thin, Sleek, sexy, well made, but no drop protection.

Samsung TPU protective case: Very nice finish, very thin, a tad slippery, but the rubber around the metal bezel is very tough material. Cons, not enough drop protection for front screen.

20121031_143227.jpg

Poetic thick cover case: Covers the phone well, good drop protection but having that flip cover makes it a bit awkward to take picture.

20121031_142725.jpg

I just might pull the trigger on that black Seido Active case if they don't have a color one soon. The Trident Aegis looks very nice and covers all the ports but not available for a while. Good price too at $25.

So far, the only accessory that I like is the LG HBS -730 stereo bluetooth headset. Decent bass once it fits in your ears, nicely laid out controls, voice confirmation on connect and disconnect, connects flawlessly each time. I find myself using the play, track controls often when in the car without the need to take my hands off the steering wheel to mess with the phone when playing music. Phone calls sound very clear to me and the reciever. The only cons is limited range for listening to music.

20121108_142808.jpg

Reactions: Hell Guardian

sandeeppathak007

Jan 16, 2008
New Delhi
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
I had this case

dint like it and on the same day when I was taking it off it got broken

I had paid around 1000 Indian Rupee which is around 20$ including shipping

Have you tried taking it off the phone ?

If you ever need to do so , do it with caution as it may damage your phone (the effort of taking it off)

aquaholik

Oct 28, 2011
I had this case

dint like it and on the same day when I was taking it off it got broken

I had paid around 1000 Indian Rupee which is around 20$ including shipping

Have you tried taking it off the phone ?

If you ever need to do so , do it with caution as it may damage your phone (the effort of taking it off)

Yes, and I can confirm that it is a pain in the rear end. Do not attempt this with finger nails because they will break. THIS CASE IS NOT FOR YOU if you like to change case often. It is the hardest case to remove. Just because of that, I would not recommend it. The trick is to use a small flat blade screw driver, not to sharp so that it will pierce thru the hard rubber(pretty tough rubber). See the pictures. You have to pry the bottom cover over where it snaps with the top cover. So stick the screwdriver between the black and red part and pry the red part up and it will detach from the top cover.

20121108_151448.jpg

20121108_151632.jpg

20121108_151925.jpg

7gismo

Jun 22, 2011
I've bought this one, too. Once I attached it to my Note 2, it was well protected. Doesn't look any luxurious, but it does the protective job. Removing the case is a pure nightmare, unfortunately I broke two clips on left side while taking it off. It's still usable, but I won't attach it back again. Wouldn't recommend this case to anyone who will need access the battery, SIM card or memory card.
One more thing. If you're using micro USB charging cradle like I do, it's a no go with this case. It doesn't allow to fit the connector fully. It's fine with the actual micro USB cable, though.
In general, I'd prefer slim solutions likes of 1 piece of TPU (including covering the corners fully) or 2 pieces hard TPU (front and back).

:cool:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Actually it is 3 piece. The pics from the seller looks like a 2 piece but it is hard rubber, followed by a hard plastic front and back that snaps together. The finish on the rubber is not the smoothest. It looks like I got a used case. The finish on the hard plastic is okay. I check for roughness and sharpness before I snap it on the phone.

As far as protection, probably as well as an Otterbox, Seido or Trident but the fit and finish on the other cases are probably much better. Going to keep it for now since I need the drop protection. Volume and power port switch works well and the phone is VERY WELL protected. Also once you snap the case in, it is almost impossible to remove as you can see by the coin mark and the fingernail mark on the hard plastic. Thickness is about the same as the Casemate toughcase on my Epic 4G touch.

Ebay01.jpg

Ebay04.jpg

Ebay03.jpg

ebay02.jpg

Ebay05.jpg
    Link on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Samsung-Gal...493&pid=100015&prg=1006&rk=1&sd=190747766579&

Notification light is not covered. You are correct, it is a very rugged case with a rugged finish. I have to wash my hand before eating since the case is probably made in China and the finish on the rubber is so "dull".

20121108_141912.jpg

So far I have tried:

Samsung original flip cover: Not worth the $32 since it doesn't offer much protection. Thin, Sleek, sexy, well made, but no drop protection.

Samsung TPU protective case: Very nice finish, very thin, a tad slippery, but the rubber around the metal bezel is very tough material. Cons, not enough drop protection for front screen.

20121031_143227.jpg

Poetic thick cover case: Covers the phone well, good drop protection but having that flip cover makes it a bit awkward to take picture.

20121031_142725.jpg

I just might pull the trigger on that black Seido Active case if they don't have a color one soon. The Trident Aegis looks very nice and covers all the ports but not available for a while. Good price too at $25.

So far, the only accessory that I like is the LG HBS -730 stereo bluetooth headset. Decent bass once it fits in your ears, nicely laid out controls, voice confirmation on connect and disconnect, connects flawlessly each time. I find myself using the play, track controls often when in the car without the need to take my hands off the steering wheel to mess with the phone when playing music. Phone calls sound very clear to me and the reciever. The only cons is limited range for listening to music.

20121108_142808.jpg