"Yellowish" Tint on screen + Black line

Search This thread

arvin2212

Jan 30, 2009
Hello,

Bought my phone last thursday. Noticed just a few days ago that when the screen is really dark (pitch black), and the brightness is high , in a dark room (No lights), I could see a
long black line just slightly away from the Samsung Logo. I am unable to take a picture as the camera wouldn't be able to capture the line. Some googling revealed that it's a common issue with SAMOLED screens. It doesn't appear when the screen is filled with colors / normal operation.

Another thing is that there is a very strong "yellow" tint on my screen. I am not sure if it's just me since I am used to an IPS monitor or my screen is really defective.

The image is similar to this image by deezid
note2vstft.jpg

Should I ask for a replacement?

Reactions: deezid

Lucidmike

Dec 6, 2009
www.youtube.com
I noticed this too when I got my device. But I got used to it really quickly. But looking at the screen now, I really don't think it has a yellowish hue at all anymore. I have had 2 updates on this device. The color calibration has always been on standard. Maybe it got adjusted, or something settled in. I'd like to hear more feedback from people for sure. I've owned my device for 5 weeks now.

arvin2212

Jan 30, 2009
I noticed this too when I got my device. But I got used to it really quickly. But looking at the screen now, I really don't think it has a yellowish hue at all anymore. I have had 2 updates on this device. The color calibration has always been on standard. Maybe it got adjusted, or something settled in. I'd like to hear more feedback from people for sure. I've owned my device for 5 weeks now.

I got used to it too but there was this slight "is this like how it's supposed to look like" feeling in me. This is my first AMOLED / SAMOLED device so I am not sure of what to expect.

deezid

Jun 26, 2010
Viersen
I had a Galaxy S3 LTE before, which had a perfect color balance (no green/yellow hue, just fine). So I don't think this is ok. ;)
Hopefully ColorControl (from Galaxy Nexus) will be ported to our Note 2, so that WE can fix Samsungs issues... :(

Lucidmike

Dec 6, 2009
www.youtube.com
I did compare my Note 2 with a Galaxy S3. I couldn't believe just how exact the colors were for every brightness setting and every app, being so different when it comes to AMOLED technologies.

arvin2212

Jan 30, 2009
I had a Galaxy S3 LTE before, which had a perfect color balance (no green/yellow hue, just fine). So I don't think this is ok. ;)
Hopefully ColorControl (from Galaxy Nexus) will be ported to our Note 2, so that WE can fix Samsungs issues... :(

Are you currently facing the "yellowish" whites as well?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,

Bought my phone last thursday. Noticed just a few days ago that when the screen is really dark (pitch black), and the brightness is high , in a dark room (No lights), I could see a
    long black line just slightly away from the Samsung Logo. I am unable to take a picture as the camera wouldn't be able to capture the line. Some googling revealed that it's a common issue with SAMOLED screens. It doesn't appear when the screen is filled with colors / normal operation.

Another thing is that there is a very strong "yellow" tint on my screen. I am not sure if it's just me since I am used to an IPS monitor or my screen is really defective.

The image is similar to this image by deezid
    note2vstft.jpg

Should I ask for a replacement?