Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,448 Members 40,704 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP][2.2+] WhatsApp vChecker [v1.25][14.Nov]

Tip us?

frenzyboi
Old
(Last edited by frenzyboi; 14th November 2012 at 08:21 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 737
Default [APP][2.2+] WhatsApp vChecker [v1.25][14.Nov]

Requirements: Android version 2.2 and higher
Overview: Download the latest Whatsapp off the website!

Are you tired of constantly checking the thread on XDA Developer to download the latest Whatsapp version, and then go to the official website to view the changelog?

★ WhatsApp vChecker ★

Features :
  • View changelog
  • Always have the latest version build off the website for you [ bugs fixed are always uploaded on the website before updating on the play store]
  • Download apk straight off the app.
  • Force download
  • After download, it automatically opens up the apk for you to install.
----------------------------------------------------------------

Changelog:
11.Nov - Release
14 Nov - v1.25
  • - Force download! [If something is wrong and you can't download even if your version < server's/Play Store's]
  • - If server's Whatsapp is lower than that of Play Store's, Play Store's version will be downloaded for you instead!
  • - Icons for menu
  • - New server sided setup!
----------------------------------------------------------------
Fixes/Changes to come:
  • GUI.
  • Faster loading time.
  • Changelog text design - font color doesn't seem to work. Will work on this.
  • Downloading in background.

Note : GUI will be slowly improved. Right now, I just want to focus on the usability of this application. Furthermore, I'm new to programming. Sorry in advance if anything is wrong and I take a long time to update the app.

Note 2 :
Whatsapp hasn't been updating their server version. After their last web update, they push a newer one onto the Play Store and did not update their server version. Till they find any bugs to fixed, I guess the server's Whatsapp production will stop here.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-1.jpg
Views:	1270
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	1473707  
Attached Files
File Type: apk Whatsapp vChecker.apk - [Click for QR Code] (169.6 KB, 200 views)
File Type: apk Whatsapp vChecker_v1.25_14Nov.apk - [Click for QR Code] (173.0 KB, 379 views)
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to frenzyboi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AMoosa
Old
Thanks Meter 187
Will you make an app to check for the latest version of THIS app? :P

Just kidding. Good work fella.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Galaxy S5, Galaxy Note 8.0
United Kingdom
Three UK

Previously owned - HTC One M8, Galaxy S4, Sony Xperia Z, Nexus 7, Galaxy S3 Pebble Blue and White, Asus Transformer Prime, Galaxy Note, Galaxy Nexus, Galaxy Tab 10.1, HTC Desire S, Galaxy S2, Galaxy S, Motorola XPRT, Motorola Xoom, HTC Desire Z, HTC Desire, Motorola Milestone, Nexus One, HTC Hero, HTC Touch Pro 2, HTC Athena, HTC Touch Pro, HTC Universal (that's all I can think of for now...)
The Following User Says Thank You to AMoosa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

viralbug
Old
Thanks Meter 55
I had seen a newer version on the website a couple of times, but I don't think that's always the case.
Right now the latest version on the website is 2.8.7268, while in Play Store it is 2.8.7326.

frenzyboi
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 737
Quote:
Originally Posted by viralbug View Post
I had seen a newer version on the website a couple of times, but I don't think that's always the case.
Right now the latest version on the website is 2.8.7268, while in Play Store it is 2.8.7326.
All along Whatsapp kept their server's version greater than the Play Store. I'm not sure why Whatsapp stop updating their server's version. But I believe once more bugs are fixed, they will update the server's first.

eliashadow
Old
Thanks Meter 1,065
Install checker in my Note device, it shows me that there is a newer server version, but the update button is off...i cant push it....any idea?
-*- ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ -*-
ilias→elthis
iPhone 4 → HTC Desire → HTC DHD → SGSii → SGN → SGSiii → SGN ii → SGS4→LG G2
Member of NCTeam.

frenzyboi
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 737
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliashadow View Post
Install checker in my Note device, it shows me that there is a newer server version, but the update button is off...i cant push it....any idea?
Is your Whatsapp version greater or lower than the server version?
The Following User Says Thank You to frenzyboi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

eliashadow
Old
Thanks Meter 1,065
Quote:
Originally Posted by frenzyboi View Post
Is your Whatsapp version greater or lower than the server version?
OMG mister!!!Soorry!!I checked only the last 2 numbers(XXX26 → XXX68), but my current version is up to date! 2.8.7326...
So, why the server has lower version???Supposed that the newer version is always on server, right?
-*- ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ -*-
ilias→elthis
iPhone 4 → HTC Desire → HTC DHD → SGSii → SGN → SGSiii → SGN ii → SGS4→LG G2
Member of NCTeam.

frenzyboi
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 737
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliashadow View Post
OMG mister!!!Soorry!!I checked only the last 2 numbers(XXX26 → XXX68), but my current version is up to date! 2.8.7326...
So, why the server has lower version???Supposed that the newer version is always on server, right?
It's alright! No worries!
Whatsapp hasn't been updating their server version. After their last web update, they push a newer one onto the Play Store and did not update their server version. Till they find any bugs to fixed, I guess the server's Whatsapp production will stop here.

And you gave me an idea. I shall push an update soon ^^ Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to frenzyboi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

frenzyboi
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 737
New Version Release! v1.25

Changelog :
- Force download! [If something is wrong and you can't download even if your version < server's/Play Store's]
- If server's Whatsapp is lower than that of Play Store's, Play Store's version will be downloaded for you instead!
- Icons for menu

- New server sided setup!

Download is attached on first post!

gase888
Old
Thanks Meter 0
it truly is a rubbish to the internet