Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,019 Members 52,003 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[TOOLKIT][GUI][MULTI-PLATFORM] Ultimate Backup Tool v2.0 - Full backup without root

Tip us?

japester36
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyCr15 View Post
In case anyone needed to know, it worked fine
Out of interest, which backup option did you choose?

Samsung Galaxy S3 (White) JB 4.3 BTU
Samsung Galaxy S2 (White) JB 4.1.1
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 JB 4.1.2
Samsung Galaxy Tab WiFi (GT-P1010) - Gingerbread 2.3.6 XXKPI

Previously:
DesireHD, Diamond2, Kaiser, Tytn, Ipaq hx4700, iMate SP5i, Toshiba e750, Toshiba e740, HP Jornada 720, HP Jornada 680, Philips Velo 500 (!).

AndyCr15
Old
Thanks Meter 136

DONATE TO ME
I think it was option 4.
AndroidAndyUK - Android reviews
HTC Universal --> HTC TyTn II --> HTC Touch HD --> HTC Hero --> HTC Nexus One --> Samsung Galaxy S --> HTC Desire HD --> HTC G2 --> Samsung Nexus S --> Samsung Galaxy S2 --> Samsung Galaxy Note --> Galaxy Nexus --> HTC One X --> Samsung Galaxy S3 -> S3 LTE -> HTC One -> Samsung Galaxy S4 -> Moto G, Galaxy Note 3 & Nexus 5
Samsung Galaxy Tab --> Advent Vega --> Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 --> Nexus 7

Droiddinho
Old
Thanks Meter 20
this is probably a noob question, but everytime I run ubt.bat as admin it flashes on the screen for 1 second and closes. I have HTC Sync etc. uninstalled. I am running windows 7 64-bit. Any ideas how I can get this working?

EvanSmarter
Old
(Last edited by EvanSmarter; 11th November 2012 at 04:38 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droiddinho View Post
this is probably a noob question, but everytime I run ubt.bat as admin it flashes on the screen for 1 second and closes. I have HTC Sync etc. uninstalled. I am running windows 7 64-bit. Any ideas how I can get this working?
How did you start the ubt.bat? I think you have to run "cmd.exe" as administrator... and then open the ubt.bat in the commandline.
Hope it helps.

Droiddinho
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanSmarter View Post
How did you start the ubt.bat? I think you have to run "cmd.exe" as administrator... and then open the ubt.bat in the commandline.
Hope it helps.
The error I get now is "FINDSTR" is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

any ideas? I'm using a HTC EVO 4G lte.

EvanSmarter
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droiddinho View Post
The error I get now is "FINDSTR" is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

any ideas? I'm using a HTC EVO 4G lte.
Sorry i dont have any ideas. Did you navigate to the right path (of your ubt.bat folder)? You have to use "cd.." and "cd directoryname" to navigate to your UBT-applicationfolder...

!PATAR!
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Backup Options

In version 1.3.1 what is the difference between options 2 and 4?

foggiaale
Old
(Last edited by foggiaale; 12th November 2012 at 02:44 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Hi guys,

just few questions for you:

I know you reply to this question but I don't understand: could it be possible to backup all the apps and data (option 4) not in a single file but splitting all of them in more than 1 file?

I know that I'd know app name (option 7) and I could use it to generate the app's backup but this'd be a very good improvement for your tool?
Otherwise it would be possible to print the list of all apps which are present in the device?

If I execute an entire backup (option 4) could I select the apps to be restored?

BRegards,
Antonio

Gigadroid
Old
(Last edited by Gigadroid; 12th November 2012 at 10:33 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 403

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by foggiaale View Post
Hi guys,

just few questions for you:

I know you reply to this question but I don't understand: could it be possible to backup all the apps and data (option 4) not in a single file but splitting all of them in more than 1 file?

I know that I'd know app name (option 7) and I could use it to generate the app's backup but this'd be a very good improvement for your tool?
Otherwise it would be possible to print the list of all apps which are present in the device?

If I execute an entire backup (option 4) could I select the apps to be restored?

BRegards,
Antonio
1. I only know how to extract the files from the backup, but not how to get the extracted files to a working backup file.
Look here: http://nelenkov.blogspot.jp/2012/06/...d-backups.html

2. What would be a very good improvement?
Am I stupid or have you forgot a part oft the sentence?
But I unterstood the second part.
I'll do my best for it.

3. No, there're no options to restore only a part of the backup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by !PATAR! View Post
In version 1.3.1 what is the difference between options 2 and 4?
No, I don't know what I thought when I coded option 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoboss View Post
What does it mean when the UBT says:

when you're using the restore option?

Oh, yea, another thing about restore, I made a backup of all apps - exclude system
But is doesn't reinstall all apps, not even 25% of them.
Now, I MUST say I HAD root acces when I backupped, but ofcourse this tool didn't need root, and I wanted to save my backups on my pc, so I thought it would work, now it seems it's messed up here...
Sorry
Normally the tool checks out the output to recognize if the backup was created successful.
Maybe the check has stopped the restore process, but then it normal should habe already happened to me, too.
Try v1.2.2 anyhow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabathehutch View Post
Hi Gigadroid,
When I plug my Samsung Galaxy S3, running on the new stock firmware for android 4.1.1, it is recognised on my PC and I am able to transfer data. However when I attempt to use Backup Tool I am told 'No Device Connected'. Is it because the software is incompatible with new update or have I not installed the required drivers? The message 'ABD Found! Continuing' pops up when I first launch the UBT.bat file and I have the newest Google USB driver (Rev. 7).
Thanks
Have you tried to make a backup anyhow.
Maybe it's caused by TouchWiz (then I can't help you) or because your ADB code contains no 0 (it does recognize a connected device with the 0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eklips3507 View Post
Gigadroid, this is definitely a great app and I would like to see it working 100%.

here are the issues I encounter:

I am using UBT v1.3 with a Samsung Galaxy S2 on Android 4.0.3.
- Only one backup attempt was successful (unfortunately, it was while testing, so I do not remember what option I chose).
- When trying to create a backup using option 2, it freezes randomly after a short while (it's always a different app).
- If I use the CTRL+C shortcut (Terminate batch job (Y/N)?), and answer N, a "backup complete" message shows up, the backup stops and I get back to the menu of the app.
- Now, after several attempts, when I try to run the app, it's not loading any longer. it just stops after the following:

ADB found! Continuing

---------- LANGUAGE.SAVE

If I'm doing something wrong, or if you have any suggestions, just let me know.
Thanks for your work!
The last problem should be fixed easily, just redownload the tool.
If you stop the process it will execute one more command and this lets pop up the window.
I can't help you with your other problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holybabel View Post
Hi everybody...i made a backup of my amoi n820 with option 2. The backup file is about 14GB big. When i try to restore the file, the restore "hangs" on one game "PlagueInc" is it possible to "look" into the backup and delete this one app?

Greetings holybabel

EDIT: Ok, found a tool named "Droid-Explorer"...will try this evening when i'm home. Is there a way to check on which package/point the restore stops?
Look, at the first answer.
No, you can't check where it stops.
The only way is to look on the screen of your phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent25r View Post
Not currently working for the sprint galaxy note 2. I've tried 1.3.1 through 1.2.1. On 1.3 and up I get a "missing msg" message. 1.2.1 thru 1.3 I get "adb: could not connect message". Followed the video to make sure I did everything right and it looks like I did.

I love the work you've done and I hope we can get it working on more devices.
Currently I can't help you

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanSmarter View Post
Is there any chance to get it work on a Sony Xperia Pro Mk16i (Android 4.0.4)?
In ADB there is a "NO DEVICE" error. After starting Backup UBT says instantly "Backup done", but the file is 0Kb.
I tested multiple USB drivers, that original one from Sony and the Flash-Drivers from the XDA forum.

(I know that these devices (xperia 2011) are known for problems... but is there any possibility?)
Thanks for your work... i would love to use it.
I maybe have the chance to play around a little bit with a arc S.
Hope I can find a solution.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gigadroid For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

EvanSmarter
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigadroid View Post

I maybe have the chance to play around a little bit with a arc S.
Hope I can find a solution.
Thanks for your encouragement! If there is a way i can help you, perhaps testing something on the xperia mk16i, just write me...

Tags
backup and restore, without root, without unlocked bootloader
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe