Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,137 Members 49,590 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Capacitive pen for taking notes.

Tip us?

brianious
Old
Thanks Meter 1
OK People!

I think I have found the ultimate stylus for writing.
It is shipping to me right now so I can't wait to get a hand on it, but here it goes.

I've bought my tablet for note taking use, so finding a good stylus and app was important. I mentioned the best note taking app in my previous post, so I will tell you what I found for stylus.

Since writing on iPad and GTab is similar, I've done some research and found that most people recommended wacom bamboo stick. Indeed, it gets great reviews and whatnot. I heard it is much better than Amazon stylus or samsung stylus.

However, people want a fine point or a stylus that can write detailed. So people mention Dagi or Adonit jot pro. These some people liked, but mostly said that they did not like it because you have to write in certain angle and it was inconvenient.

What I found ultimately was iFaraday. I recommend people to visit the site, as the maker is an individual handcrafting these styli. I will post again when I have my hands on it and compare it to my other stylus which is Griffin.

sunny99
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I just posted this thread...along the same lines so people checking this thread might fond some use...I get the impression you're after a commercial solution this is a homemade solution ...it probably won't compare for lifespan or quality...but for free I think it's definitely worth a look.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1554114

(VID)(TUT)Home-made capacitive Stylus

Sunny

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda premium

PeterDer
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Just got my P507 pen and they seam to work great ;)

Have'nt tried the calibration yet though but it's accurate enough for what i needed it for.

The tip seams a bit weak though, but with some care it should last awhile I hope.

bioert
Old
(Last edited by bioert; 6th June 2012 at 03:44 AM.) Reason: Update
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterDer View Post
Just got my P507 pen and they seam to work great ;)

Have'nt tried the calibration yet though but it's accurate enough for what i needed it for.

The tip seams a bit weak though, but with some care it should last awhile I hope.
How about taking notes with it?, I had a galaxy note and it was very good at taking notes. I'm trying to find a "solution or stylus" for my asus transformer, something that make me replace the paper.

I have a Griffin Stylus, it is good for people who just use pens instead of fingers for common device use. But for note taking it doesn't work.

Any suggestions?

*UPDATE* 06/05/2012 -

I brought a Jot pro from ebay around $30. Soo is better than the griffin (a lot) but it needs the screen tune up app to work better. I used the recommended app “Lecture”, is a great app. Still it doesn’t replace completely the note taking.

brianious
Old
Thanks Meter 1
iFaraday. I tossed out my griffin

donec
Old
Thanks Meter 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bxsteez View Post
I too am looking for something to take notes on. I bought a Flyer and it was pretty inaccurate. This is one of those things where if it isn't done right it will be horrible experience. My best suggestion would be to wait for the Samsung Series 7 Slate. I know its pretty expensive but look at like this it can replace your laptop.
Strange my pen and flyer are extremely accurate.
Galaxy Note II 16Gb white unlocked and GNote 10.1 grey version GT-N8013 not rooted
Linux user #449322 running Linux Mint 13 KDE