5,604,443 Members 48,254 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Having issues with Bluetooth and my car radio...

Tip us?

PSullivan
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Having issues with Bluetooth and my car radio...

I was able to pair the Note 2 with no problem. The MP3s played ok through bluetooth. I could not hear Pandora and the hands free calling owuld not work. I then turned the car off and then back on and it started working. I then went inside for a while..came back out and it now doesnt work. It shows that the head unit is connected, but nothing but MP3 will work. I have an Alpine 133BT. My old Iphone 4 worked flawlessly. Anybodt having issues or know what it could be?

mircury
Old
Thanks Meter 154
Car bluetooth is often very flaky. If its an oem radio sometimes the dealer can update the firmware on newer vehicles to fix bugs. Many, many people have problems connecting to their different cars because each implementation is different. Try these and see if it helps with the disconnects.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=a2dp.Vol

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...toothfixrepair
History: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700, HTC Titan, HTC Diamond, Nexus One, SGS1 (Captivate), Samsung Infuse, Galaxy Note, ATT Galaxy Note 2, T-Mobile Galaxy Note 3

Gowry
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Same issue

I'm having the same issue. It pairs just fine and plays over my stereo so long as I control everything using the phone. I can't start/stop bluetooth using the stereo or my headphones, though.

With my iPhone I could go from headphones to my car without ever taking the phone out of my pocket or losing my place in my audiobook. I tested with a Nexus 7 and it works also...neither the Nexus 7 or Note 2 display track information, though.