[ROM] AlienDroid V1|Android 4.1.2 + 4.2|Fast|Smooth|Stable|

Search This thread

jeffc83

Aug 4, 2010
Philadelphia "burbs"
I have been receiving duplicated text messages but is random. If no one else has this issue, I will assume its the sender:D

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

GRICKMAAAZ

Aug 24, 2012
ROM is great!! Very quick and stable, no signal issues. Love the wallpapers and the ROM. Is there any way to change the glow color of the navigation buttons? Can't seem to find that.

tprime76

Jun 28, 2006
He hasn't responded to anything in here, and I saw in another thread that he's trying to sell his VZW Nexus (and he seemed desperate). So I doubt much will be updated, unfortunately.
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium HD app

I was reading that too since I was hoping for a V2 now that 4.2 dev is out. I have also been experiencing the gray signal bars (no data) and receiving multiple duplicate txts from one particular sender since I started using this ROM and I am pretty certain it isn't the sender.

Otherwise, I have been VERY happy with this ROM from a battery, speed and functionality standpoint so I really didn't want to switch. If he doesn't come back, any suggestions on a ROM that is a LOT like this one (Fast, battery life and functions?) I'd really prefer a V2 though.

d00dr

Jan 2, 2012
Frewsburg, NY
He hasn't responded to anything in here, and I saw in another thread that he's trying to sell his VZW Nexus (and he seemed desperate). So I doubt much will be updated, unfortunately.

Oh man. Let's hope that's not true. This is the best ROM I've run yet!

pdc419

Oct 4, 2011
The weirdest thing happened earlier. My phone froze and I had to do bat pull. When I booted up a couple of apps weren't installed and all of my app data was gone. I always make sure my fsync is on in my trinity toolbox. Just really odd

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

acid0r

Feb 19, 2008
I've noticed on more than one occasion that my phone will drop off the network. I usually tether with it and randomly end up with grey bars and no data until the phone is rebooted. Is anyone else having this issue?

I have this issue as well, at least only with data. Seems more prevalent when an interface is toggling. In my case sometimes when I go out of wifi range and switch to 3g/4g. Fortunately, battery life is great so I'm just leaving wifi off for now. This issue hasn't resurfaced since.

EvilDobe

Oct 4, 2007

That sucks. I'd rather have a active, attentive, and available dev over a rom any day. Pride in work is more important than the work itself (to me).

Reactions: serviciosmoviles1

Damacles

Jul 2, 2010
Question in my about it still shows android 4.1.2. Is it suppose to say 4.2?

I will try to wipe again and reinstall.

EvilDobe

Oct 4, 2007
Question in my about it still shows android 4.1.2. Is it suppose to say 4.2?

I will try to wipe again and reinstall.

Answer. As the OP, and the thread title, would suggest this is a hybrid rom. It is a 4.1.2 base with 4.2 components so your "About" screen will show 4.1.2. At the present time there are three true AOSP 4.2 roms if you feel so inclined to have the real deal.

tprime76

Jun 28, 2006
Bummed here.. Completely lost 4g data with this ROM and then had connection problems with 3g. Not sure if I ever had it since I use WiFi so much.. Tried updating Radio and Kernel without a fix. Nandroid backed up and then restored old ROM and immediately got full 4G data back. Nandroided back to this ROM, data gone.. Full wiped this rom, still no 4G..

I liked this ROM a lot, but have to move on to a different one. When/If the dev updates, I will give it a go again since it was so smooth and had incredible battery life. Sigh...

tbis

Apr 27, 2010
V2 please will donate if desperate for cash #1%

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

klubhead

Nov 29, 2007
I'm running hybrid 4.0.1 radio with 4.1.1 lte and getting phenomenal batter life but semi weak signal, can anyone tell me how battery life/signal is on straight 4.1.1 radios?

Also, this is the longest I've gone on a single ROM.. Lovin it. Big thanks!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Zyxxeil

Apr 9, 2011
Wow guys I'm gone for a few days and everyone thinks I have abandoned the ROM. That is not the case I will update the ROM a few more times. Right now I'm mostly focused on a major overhaul to aliendroid for the Nexus 7 and boy it requires a lot of work. I'm currently taking some exams at school and don't have enough time to work on both ROMs. The reason I'm selling my nexus (Well Sold) is because my development nexus 7 got stolen about 2 weeks ago. So I sold my VZW Gnex to go buy a nexus 7 since I had my whole development platform over on that device. You might not see 4.2 for this ROM, which in my opinion is a good thing. 4.2 has been nothing but trouble and slow for me. I will add the complete 4.2 gapps and tweak it a bit more before releasing V1.1. Not entirely sure when I can make a release as I don't have a device to test it on, any volunteers for V1.1? PM me.

Last edited:
Reactions: philsfan and d00dr

izzycade

Jun 24, 2010
I love the drama we get in these forums... OP, take your time and study for those exams... school is more important than any ROM out there!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    |The Start|

I originally created a rom called GlazedJellyBean for the nexus 7. It was extremely popular and was liked by many xda members at the nexus 7 forum. I got my hands on a Verizon Galaxy Nexus and decided to make a rom for it, i am proud to introduce AlienDroid. AlienDroid is the newer version of GlazedJellybean it features many new features. All of these features are below. AlienDroid is mostly focused on Strability, Speed, and Features. It is an extremely fast rom for daily use. I hope you guys enjoy it. Thanks :D

|Disclaimer|
    I am not responsible for any damage that is caused by flashing this rom or by modding this rom and flashing etc. I take no responsibility if your nexus breaks, bricks, sets on fire.

|Some of the features this rom offer's|
    *Beats Audio
    *Mega Bass Beats
    *Sony Bravia Engine (As if the Nexus's Screen Wasn't Awesome Enough)
    *SuperCharged
    *Super Fast, Ask anyone using this rom.
    *init.d Support, Many Tweaks with init.d
    *Optimized Skyrim Kernel
    *Optimized speed by modding the .so system
    *Removed useless files not Needed
    *Full Flash Enabled
    *Theme Manager
    *Beats Icon When Playing Music
    *Smooth Scrolling Hack
    *Sysctl Battery Saving Scripts
    *Fast Bootup
    *Custom Boot Animation
    *The Most Up To Date Apps
    *Full Gapps Integration
    *Modded some images for a crisper, sharper view.
    *Many customizable options in the settings
    *Mod's for better battery life
    *Android 4.1.2 + 4.2 elements below
    *Android 4.2 Camera+Gallery
    *Android 4.2 Keyboard
    *Android 4.2 Wallpapers
    *Android 4.2 Clock
    *Android 4.2 Launcher (Super Smooth)
    *Sony Walkman Player
    *Optimized Android Animations (Super Fast)
    *Smaller NavBar (Minimal)
    *Custom Softkey Icons
    *Easy To Remove Features, Steps Below
    *PGM Support
    *Removed Bloat Apps Such As Feedback
    *Secret Sauce
    *The List Is To Long To Mention Them All​

|Bugs|
    NO BUGS :D

|Downloads|
    Version 1.0 - Download, Mirror

|Changes|
    Version 1.0
    INITIAL RELEASE​

|Flashing|
    You must wipe EVERYTHING, if coming from stock or different ROM.​

|Removing Features|
    Simply open up the zip with win-rar (DO NOT EXTRACT), and delete the folder with the features name such as the folder MBB will remove Mega Bass Beats from the rom. Thats it, the system will do the rest. Enjoy :)

|Screenshots|
    I'll put some up soon.​

|Credit|
    Thanks to all these people |CM10 Team|, and |D3HuM4NiZ3D|. CM10 Nightly was used as a base. Any other people i forgot contact me.​
    Reserved Again :D
    Feature request: Kill-All Button please :)

•_•
    Gmail from 4.2

http://db.tt/o9R5l5lG