Don’t Forget About Birthdays with Birthday Reminder

A person’s birthday is, without a doubt,one of the most important days in his … more

Don’t Fear Flashing with I Don’t Want You!

The XDA message boards are full of various modifications, with many of these helping … more

Quo Vadis, Open {Source, Standards, World}? w/ Jan Wildeboer – XDA:DevCon 2014

Open Source was a big topic at this years XDA:DevCon … more

Android 5.0 Leaked for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Android Lollipop is still making its way to many new devices. Firmware updates have been … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[PROGRAM] Command Line for Windows Mobile 6.1

OP Unit ZER0

25th October 2012, 09:23 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
A top-secret bunker in an undisclosed location...
Thanks Meter: 24

234 posts
I was looking for an easy installation of a command prompt for my windows mobile device (I keep it around as a hobby device) and I could not find a clear, concise, not to mention easy setup. So, I decided to create one of my own. I have assembled a modified version of the command prompt power toy, and a registry toggle script into one convenient installer. Instructions are included below:

Prerequisites:
Windows Mobile 2003, 5.0, 6.0, 6.1
MortScript - For the Toggle

Instructions:

After installation, delete the "setup.dll" files, you don't need them

Next, when activating the progeram, you must first select the "CMD Toggle" shortcut in the "Command Line" Folder
in your "Start Menu/Programs" subfolder - this will toggle the registry, and allow you to display the command line

Then, you may select the "Command Line" shortcut, and enjoy!

After exiting the Command Line, select the "CMD Toggle" shortcut once more to toggle the command line off, this will
prevent the command line from displaying at awkward moments, when commands are being issued to your device.

This setup has been tested/working on a Delll AXIM X51v, running a customized version of LennySH's WM6.1 ROM
with enhancements, and a SIP from VGAKeyboard.

2013 EDIT: I recently got back to this idea, and I have found a couple programs commonly used in the command line: Ping, and IPConfig. Just place the contents of the attached ZIP in the "WINDOWS" directory, and you will be able to invoke these through the command line.

Happy Hacking

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CMD.png
Views:	901
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	1430603  
Attached Files
File Type: cab Command Line.CAB - [Click for QR Code] (183.1 KB, 1301 views)
File Type: zip Command Line for Windows Mobile.zip - [Click for QR Code] (326.4 KB, 1212 views)
File Type: zip Ping, IPConfig (Put In WINDOWS Folder).zip - [Click for QR Code] (12.5 KB, 317 views)
Last edited by Unit ZER0; 24th September 2013 at 01:09 AM. Reason: New Programs Added...
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Unit ZER0 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th November 2012, 05:57 AM   |  #2  
Flag Gevgelija
Thanks Meter: 3

73 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unit ZER0

I was looking for an easy installation of a command prompt for my windows mobile device (I keep it around as a hobby device) and I could not find a clear, concise, not to mention easy setup. So, I decided to create one of my own. I have assembled a modified version of the command prompt power toy, and a registry toggle script into one convenient installer. Instructions are included below:

Prerequisites:
Windows Mobile 2003, 5.0, 6.0, 6.1
MortScript - For the Toggle

Instructions:

After installation, delete the "setup.dll" files, you don't need them

Next, when activating the progeram, you must first select the "CMD Toggle" shortcut in the "Command Line" Folder
in your "Start Menu/Programs" subfolder - this will toggle the registry, and allow you to display the command line

Then, you may select the "Command Line" shortcut, and enjoy!

After exiting the Command Line, select the "CMD Toggle" shortcut once more to toggle the command line off, this will
prevent the command line from displaying at awkward moments, when commands are being issued to your device.

This setup has been tested/working on a Delll AXIM X51v, running a customized version of LennySH's WM6.1 ROM
with enhancements, and a SIP from VGAKeyboard.

Happy Hacking

Dude, this is awesome. My device is Omnia i900 with WM 6.5.3, I was wondering will this work on this device? Which cab should I download if its workin? Command Line or Command line for Windows Mobile?
And where to install? Device or My Storage?

Thanks in advance

P.S. Ok I got it, its the same file (LOL, stupid me). Feedback is following these days!
Last edited by BorisMKD; 19th November 2012 at 03:11 AM. Reason: I got it whats the trick :)
18th November 2012, 03:12 PM   |  #3  
Flag Porto
Thanks Meter: 285

1,204 posts
More
OH MY GOD, no you didn't!
28th December 2012, 03:33 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

234 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BorisMKD

Dude, this is awesome. My device is Omnia i900 with WM 6.5.3, I was wondering will this work on this device? Which cab should I download if its workin? Command Line or Command line for Windows Mobile?
And where to install? Device or My Storage?

Thanks in advance

P.S. Ok I got it, its the same file (LOL, stupid me). Feedback is following these days!

Install directly into your device's memory.
29th December 2012, 04:54 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
opening mscr file error
"... Next, when activating the progeram, you must first select the "CMD Toggle" shortcut in the "Command Line" Folder
in your "Start Menu/Programs" subfolder - this will toggle the registry, and allow you to display the command line..."

After running CMD Toggle I get a "No application associated" error. How can I run a .mscr file ?
29th December 2012, 05:11 AM   |  #6  
Flag Pindamonhangaba, SP
Thanks Meter: 103

1,172 posts
More
First of all, thanks for your application. It works fine on a very old i-mate 9502 of mine. Nevertheless, please, if possible, turn the fonts much bigger, or, at least with their sizes selectable, because on a 2.8" screen it is virtually impossible for an old man to read anything.
11th January 2013, 07:55 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member

234 posts
Exclamation MortScript Needed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by haga15

"... Next, when activating the progeram, you must first select the "CMD Toggle" shortcut in the "Command Line" Folder
in your "Start Menu/Programs" subfolder - this will toggle the registry, and allow you to display the command line..."

After running CMD Toggle I get a "No application associated" error. How can I run a .mscr file ?

You must have MortScript installed first...

You can get it Here: http://www.sto-helit.de/index.php?mo...=list&entry=18
11th January 2013, 07:56 PM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member

234 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by casouzaj

First of all, thanks for your application. It works fine on a very old i-mate 9502 of mine. Nevertheless, please, if possible, turn the fonts much bigger, or, at least with their sizes selectable, because on a 2.8" screen it is virtually impossible for an old man to read anything.

I think you'll need to adjust your device's resolution manually... I have made no changes to the size of the displayed text.
12th January 2013, 03:19 AM   |  #9  
Flag Pindamonhangaba, SP
Thanks Meter: 103

1,172 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unit ZER0

I think you'll need to adjust your device's resolution manually... I have made no changes to the size of the displayed text.

The fonts shown in your app top bar are fine. The tiny fonts are shown on the open terminal window; command iputs echoes and outputs from the system are really small. No other cab files I installed so far produce such small texts. Thanks, anyway.
12th January 2013, 09:31 AM   |  #10  
Bavaria (Germany)
Thanks Meter: 197

581 posts
cmd.exe uses system font. If not content with its size / shape, then you have to change system's font settings.

The Following User Says Thank You to jwoegerbauer For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cmd, command line, windows mobile 6.1, wm 6.1
Previous Thread Next Thread