Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,799 Members 48,242 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[PROGRAM] Command Line for Windows Mobile 6.1

Tip us?

Unit ZER0
Old
(Last edited by Unit ZER0; 24th September 2013 at 12:09 AM.) Reason: New Programs Added...
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Prompt [PROGRAM] Command Line for Windows Mobile 6.1

I was looking for an easy installation of a command prompt for my windows mobile device (I keep it around as a hobby device) and I could not find a clear, concise, not to mention easy setup. So, I decided to create one of my own. I have assembled a modified version of the command prompt power toy, and a registry toggle script into one convenient installer. Instructions are included below:

Prerequisites:
Windows Mobile 2003, 5.0, 6.0, 6.1
MortScript - For the Toggle

Instructions:

After installation, delete the "setup.dll" files, you don't need them

Next, when activating the progeram, you must first select the "CMD Toggle" shortcut in the "Command Line" Folder
in your "Start Menu/Programs" subfolder - this will toggle the registry, and allow you to display the command line

Then, you may select the "Command Line" shortcut, and enjoy!

After exiting the Command Line, select the "CMD Toggle" shortcut once more to toggle the command line off, this will
prevent the command line from displaying at awkward moments, when commands are being issued to your device.

This setup has been tested/working on a Delll AXIM X51v, running a customized version of LennySH's WM6.1 ROM
with enhancements, and a SIP from VGAKeyboard.

2013 EDIT: I recently got back to this idea, and I have found a couple programs commonly used in the command line: Ping, and IPConfig. Just place the contents of the attached ZIP in the "WINDOWS" directory, and you will be able to invoke these through the command line.

Happy Hacking

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CMD.png
Views:	774
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	1430603  
Attached Files
File Type: cab Command Line.CAB - [Click for QR Code] (183.1 KB, 1103 views)
File Type: zip Command Line for Windows Mobile.zip - [Click for QR Code] (326.4 KB, 1035 views)
File Type: zip Ping, IPConfig (Put In WINDOWS Folder).zip - [Click for QR Code] (12.5 KB, 232 views)
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Unit ZER0 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BorisMKD
Old
(Last edited by BorisMKD; 19th November 2012 at 02:11 AM.) Reason: I got it whats the trick :)
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unit ZER0 View Post
I was looking for an easy installation of a command prompt for my windows mobile device (I keep it around as a hobby device) and I could not find a clear, concise, not to mention easy setup. So, I decided to create one of my own. I have assembled a modified version of the command prompt power toy, and a registry toggle script into one convenient installer. Instructions are included below:

Prerequisites:
Windows Mobile 2003, 5.0, 6.0, 6.1
MortScript - For the Toggle

Instructions:

After installation, delete the "setup.dll" files, you don't need them

Next, when activating the progeram, you must first select the "CMD Toggle" shortcut in the "Command Line" Folder
in your "Start Menu/Programs" subfolder - this will toggle the registry, and allow you to display the command line

Then, you may select the "Command Line" shortcut, and enjoy!

After exiting the Command Line, select the "CMD Toggle" shortcut once more to toggle the command line off, this will
prevent the command line from displaying at awkward moments, when commands are being issued to your device.

This setup has been tested/working on a Delll AXIM X51v, running a customized version of LennySH's WM6.1 ROM
with enhancements, and a SIP from VGAKeyboard.

Happy Hacking

Dude, this is awesome. My device is Omnia i900 with WM 6.5.3, I was wondering will this work on this device? Which cab should I download if its workin? Command Line or Command line for Windows Mobile?
And where to install? Device or My Storage?

Thanks in advance

P.S. Ok I got it, its the same file (LOL, stupid me). Feedback is following these days!

mfsr98
Old
Thanks Meter 281
OH MY GOD, no you didn't!
Galaxy Nexus i9250
ROM: CyanogenMod (Kitkat 4.4.2)
Recovery: TWRP
Kernel: Stock
Bootloader: Unlocked
HTC Touch HD
ROM: IceBread
Kernel: fagyi's
SPL: hard-SPL1.56
Recovery: CWM
Radio: 1.17.25.09
HTC tytn II
ROM: eOS WinMo 6.1
SPL: hard-SPL3.56
Radio: 1.70.18.02

Unit ZER0
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by BorisMKD View Post
Dude, this is awesome. My device is Omnia i900 with WM 6.5.3, I was wondering will this work on this device? Which cab should I download if its workin? Command Line or Command line for Windows Mobile?
And where to install? Device or My Storage?

Thanks in advance

P.S. Ok I got it, its the same file (LOL, stupid me). Feedback is following these days!
Install directly into your device's memory.

haga15
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default opening mscr file error

"... Next, when activating the progeram, you must first select the "CMD Toggle" shortcut in the "Command Line" Folder
in your "Start Menu/Programs" subfolder - this will toggle the registry, and allow you to display the command line..."

After running CMD Toggle I get a "No application associated" error. How can I run a .mscr file ?

casouzaj
Old
Thanks Meter 91
First of all, thanks for your application. It works fine on a very old i-mate 9502 of mine. Nevertheless, please, if possible, turn the fonts much bigger, or, at least with their sizes selectable, because on a 2.8" screen it is virtually impossible for an old man to read anything.
Sony Xperia SP C5303
Rooted Stock Brazilian12.1.A.1.205 ROM
Best mid-range smartphone!

Previous smartphones:
Xperia J (with my daughter), Moto Defy (my son's toy), Acer Tempo M900 (crippled)!), i-Mate Ultimate 9502 (in a drawer), O2 Xda Exec (dead! ); HP iPaq h6365 (sold); Palm Tungsten W (sold).

Unit ZER0
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Exclamation MortScript Needed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by haga15 View Post
"... Next, when activating the progeram, you must first select the "CMD Toggle" shortcut in the "Command Line" Folder
in your "Start Menu/Programs" subfolder - this will toggle the registry, and allow you to display the command line..."

After running CMD Toggle I get a "No application associated" error. How can I run a .mscr file ?
You must have MortScript installed first...

You can get it Here: http://www.sto-helit.de/index.php?mo...=list&entry=18

Unit ZER0
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by casouzaj View Post
First of all, thanks for your application. It works fine on a very old i-mate 9502 of mine. Nevertheless, please, if possible, turn the fonts much bigger, or, at least with their sizes selectable, because on a 2.8" screen it is virtually impossible for an old man to read anything.
I think you'll need to adjust your device's resolution manually... I have made no changes to the size of the displayed text.

casouzaj
Old
Thanks Meter 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unit ZER0 View Post
I think you'll need to adjust your device's resolution manually... I have made no changes to the size of the displayed text.
The fonts shown in your app top bar are fine. The tiny fonts are shown on the open terminal window; command iputs echoes and outputs from the system are really small. No other cab files I installed so far produce such small texts. Thanks, anyway.
Sony Xperia SP C5303
Rooted Stock Brazilian12.1.A.1.205 ROM
Best mid-range smartphone!

Previous smartphones:
Xperia J (with my daughter), Moto Defy (my son's toy), Acer Tempo M900 (crippled)!), i-Mate Ultimate 9502 (in a drawer), O2 Xda Exec (dead! ); HP iPaq h6365 (sold); Palm Tungsten W (sold).

jwoegerbauer
Old
Thanks Meter 195
cmd.exe uses system font. If not content with its size / shape, then you have to change system's font settings.
My devices:
GPS: Windows Embedded CE 6.0 Professional
Phablet: Android 4.0.4
Laptop: Windows 8.1.1
Phone: Windows Phone 8.0

The Following User Says Thank You to jwoegerbauer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
cmd, command line, windows mobile 6.1, wm 6.1