WHAT DO YOU GET IN THIS MOD?
- 4x5 Rosie homescreen - only enabled in portrait, landscape comes out very messy!
- No app labels on homescreen
- No labels on Settings widgets
- Transparent clock widgets
The mods are contained in an AROMA installer, and you can choose any combination of the above options.
I have changed over to the Villaintheme system, so the installer just replaces the modified files within Rosie.apk and the widget apks. This should hopefully make the mod compatible with multiple ROMs, bases and even other Rosie mods. I haven't tested it with other Rosie mods, so please let me know if it does / doesn't work!
HOW IS THIS MOD DIFFERENT?
Ok, just to be clear. Many others have worked on this, and got it working pretty well.
In particular, I owe thanks to
These guys have spent a lot of time on this, and much of the 4x5 homescreen mod is based on their work.
- mikeyxda - for the huge amount of groundwork he put into getting this working
- il Duce } for their observations and modifications to mikeyxda's approach
- jeffsanace }
- Turge - for his implementation of the 4x5 mod for the Viper ROMs (and for the thread layout )
I have managed to get the HTC 4x4 widgets working with the new layout. So no more widgets stuck under the statusbar.
- Rooted XHDPI device running Sense 4+
- Custom recovery (works with TWRP and CWM)
- ROM based on 3.14.401.20 and higher -- confirmed to work with 3.14.401.24 (28th Nov),3.14.401.27 (6th Dec) and 3.14.401.31 (20th Jan)
Of course, since this is still at best a hack job, there are still some issues:
- 4x4 widgets are still only 4x4, but will take up the whole homescreen, even in the 4x5 mod. Please see the additional notes about this in post 7
- 4x5 is only enabled in portrait. Enabling in landscape creates a huge mess, and I don't have enough time to fix that completely
- Since 4x5 is only available in portrait, the bottom row of icons will disappear in landscape orientation. They will reappear when you go back to portrait again
- Stock HTC widgets all fit fine, but there may be spacing/alignment issues with 3rd party widgets. That's an unfortunate side effect, but there's way too many 3rd party widgets to test and fix them all!!
- When placing icons/widgets on a homescreen, the app placement outline will appear in the wrong place. The icon itself will drop where you place it, not where the outine is
Any others, please let me know!