Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,001 Members 40,633 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Status 7 Symlinks Fail

Tip us?

samman82
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Status 7 Symlinks Fail

I've looked at multiple forums, not just galaxy 3, and I can't find an answer to this problem. I keep getting the "symlinks: some symlinks fail - status 7" error when I try to flash certain roms. First of all, I'm rooted and unlocked. I have flashed CM10 and Synergy before (couple weeks ago,) but now I can't install any of the synergy nightlies or JB roms. I've tried to install from internal and external sd, and failed on both. I've flashed CWM touch and non touch 6.0.1.2 as well as twrp with the same error message. I've flashed the cwm recoveries through Rom Manager and Odin with no change. I loaded the latest Modem through Odin to see if that would fix the problem somehow, and that didn't work either. (Wasn't expecting it too.) Has anyone run into this issue and come out with a fix? I think I've done some pretty in depth research on this, but maybe I've missed something. I don't want to create a brick if someone has a fix. Thanks for the help.

aaronjohnson
Old
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
I just bought a S3 last night. I immediately went through all of the steps for root,unlock,and tried to load a custom rom. After about 5 hours worth of research and trial and error I gave up and am probably going to return it for something different. No one has answers for this issue, but it seems a decent amount of people are getting this. I believe it has something to do with the phones memory / storage. Be sure to share anything that might fix this issue.